Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 439 ]  [ Total: 439 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Naturists and Nudists: Hall of Fame
 Who's Who of the Nudism Movement
 A short list of notable nudists.
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic
Page: of 8

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 07/09/2002 :  4:13:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Who do you think are the Most Important People in the nudism movement?

Add your comments here by clicking Reply to Topic. Posts here are moderated, so be patient until they are approved.

CoolNude72
Forum Member

Posted - 10/20/2002 :  10:56:19 PM  Show Profile  Send CoolNude72 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I personally think Cheri Alexander of the Travelites should be highly noted in the naturist community. She is a very special and wonderful person and has worked so hard to help promote nudism positively. Here's to you Cheri

- Ray

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 11/11/2002 :  3:54:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks much, Ray. For those of you who do not know me, here's something about Cheri Alexander.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have been a nudist for over 30 years and active in ASA/AANR at the national and regional levels since 1987. I am also a member of The Naturist Society and the National Nudist Council of the Americas.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In addition to nudist activities, I am active in my community and have served an elected position on the Citizens Planning Commission in Tulsa, OK and have served on a County (Richland County) Planning Advisory Committee in Columbia, SC. Additionally, I am active in my religious congregation and serve on the Sisterhood Board. They all know I am a nudist.

The following is an outline of my nudist activities:
ASA/AANR:
Speakers Bureau
Mentor Program (helped started over 20 non-landed clubs and at least two landed clubs)

Prodigy Liaison for AANR(on-line service)- documentation of hundreds of new nudists across the country as a result of online activity

Woman of the Year, 1990

ESA/AANR-East:
Director
Public Relations Chair
Conducted several public community seminars on nudism in various cities in South Carolina

Scholarship Chair (2000-01), Scholarship committee 1999-2001
Best Public Relations Contribution by an Individual 2001.

SWSA:
Alternate ASA Trustee
Director
Non-Park Nudist Activities Chair
Nude Recreation Options Chair
Park Management Chair
SWSA Woman of the Year, 1992

Club Activities:
Under my direction as Club Administrator, Travelites, Inc., received the following awards:
Glen Eden Award (national) for the Most Outstanding publicity Event of the Year, 1993
Hal O'Neil Award (nat'l)for Outstanding Public Relations 1996
Largest Percentage Increase in Membership (regional) 1996.

Community and Government Relations:
AANR Display Booth at Mayfest, community festival held in the S.C. state capitol, attendance over 150,000 annually from 1996 through 2000. The city discontinued the event.

Adopt-A-Highway Cleanup commitment 1996 - 2003; Travelites' name on a sign on a primary road.
Maintain liaison with State House and Senate committees regarding legislation potentially affecting nudism.
Appearance before the South Carolina House of Representatives Judiciary Committee, 1998 & 1999, regarding indecent exposure bill (defeated in committee).

Frequent appearances on local radio stations regarding nudism and nudist activities.

2001 - 2002 Turner South cable TV show - I narrated the 10 minute segment on the first nudist "colony" in South Carolina and current nudism.

Release of information (press releases) to local media of nudist activity.

Educational:
Guest lecturer (nudist topics) at East Carolina University, Sociology Dept. 1998 through 2002, and scheduled October 2003.

Prepared and distributed brochures on nudism across North America and Europe.

Co-systems operator/moderator on various chat rooms and bulletin boards (at least a dozen) including Moderator of Naturist forum on Prodigy online service 1990, - AANR Liaison to Prodigy since 1993.

I put together a brochure, "So, your partner is interested in nudism..." for reluctant partners, copyright August 1997. Hard copies of this brochure have been sent to almost all 50 states, 2 Canadian provinces, and England. It is listed in the White File.

It can be found on the web at - /cheri.html

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 11/11/2002 3:57:06 PM

cyndiann
Forum Member

Posted - 11/11/2002 :  5:13:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit cyndiann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Without a doubt, Richard and Shirley Mason of Haulover Beach (South Florida Free Beaches)and Florida Naturist Association.
Those two have done so much for nudists in Florida and elsewhere. Instead of just fighting off the negative legislation pointed at nudism they go much farther, like negotiating with Miami hotels for clothing optional use. I like the way they think, out of the box, finding new ways of promoting us that are totally innovative.

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  4:41:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Important People in Nudism (in no particular order):

Maurice Parmalee
Sol Stern
Ed Lange
Kurt Barthel
Edith Church
Alois Knapp
Thelma Manning
Lee Baxandall
Forrest Emerson
Cec Cinder
Roland Senecal
Elmer Johnson
Fred Bischoff
Glyn Stout
Isley Boone
Jim Hadley
Read Schuster
Bob Page
Morley Schoss
Don Deakin
Ellyn Kern
Beverly Price
Hap Hathaway
Bob Morton
Judy Williams
Dennis Kirkpatrick
Bern Loibl
Ray & Mildred Connett
Bill & Fran Flesher
Jerry Derbyshire
Erich Schuttauf & Family
Marianna Handler
Nate Kates
Steve & Linda Payne
Ray & Sue Lavato
Turner Stokes
Irene Shannon
Mark Story
Donald Johnson
Ron & Nancy Tiemann

and a cast of ... thousands...

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html

Edited by - vealj on 04/21/2004 3:11:59 PM

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  4:06:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I thought I would try and fill the newcomers in with a short description of why I picked these people as very important to the nudist movement.

The simple thread running through all these names is that they each successfully protrayed nudism to the public at large and thereby advanced the cause in their own way. There are hundreds of "important" nudist personages today but only a few are good at reaching beyond the movement itself to awaken the general public and educate them about nudism.

I'll try and put a short blurb on each of the people in my list in the days to come.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  4:23:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Alois Knapp

Mr. Knapp was an old style German Naktkulturist. He owned and ran the "largest nudist club in the U.S." Zoro Nature Park in Roselawn, Indiana. It was later sold to a non-nudist and became Naked City. It has yet another name today, Sun Aura but it was removed from nudist circles back in the 60's when it became Naked City.

Mr. Knapp's most important contribution, however, was that he was editor of one of the first bona-fide nudist magazines in the U.S., Sunshine and Health. This magazine's battles with the U.S. Postal Service also made it possible for Hugh Hefner to begin his Playboy empire. (See Isley Boone).

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal

naturalgar
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  5:28:52 PM  Show Profile  Send naturalgar a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I feel that Jan Crimmons should be in the Nudist hall of fame if she is not already. The NetNude website did alot to teach me about nudism aprox. 5 years ago.

I feel that Cheri Alexander has done sooo much to push forward the nudist movment, by being able to teach and inform all us nyophites, about nudism.

I feel that Danee Kane has also done alot by informing & chatting with young nudists, and answering all their questions & concerns.

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  7:36:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
billie carlson of soalir is also a ccontributor. for many years, she has worked to bring more women, single and otherwise into the lifestyle. as a nurse and mother and grandmother, she has much experience, and since she came to the movement in her 40s ( i think), she can address many of the reservations women have today.

NUDKIWI
Forum Member

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  01:42:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the most important people in nudism today is "us",the ordinary nudist.We are the face of the nudist movement,we are the people that the mainstream textile public is more than likely going to meet.Therefore the way we act/react in the public eye or the way we respond to questions of our lifestyle will go a long way to getting nudism accepted.Treat the lifestyle like we are ashamed of it and it will only enforce the thoughts that a lot of people have about social nudism,eg,orgies,swingers.However if we become more open about our lifestyle let people know what really goes on behind those high fences then i believe the myths most people believe will be shot down.Let the lifestyle be it's own advertisement and common sense should prevail.

Naturally KIWI

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  03:43:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think your right about that NUDEKIWI. It is the common every day nudist. We go to the nude beaches, clubs, and resorts, and support the organization.

Kim =^.^=

scamp

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  04:10:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had the pleasure of meeting with about 1/2 of the people on vealj's list. In 1983 Hap Hathaway let me join his WSA PR team and that's how I ended up meeting and working with them for a few years. It was great being a nudist in the Los Angeles area back in the 80's. I lived in a nudist apartment complex and those times provide some of my fondest memories.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  04:47:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wow scamp, that really sounds exciting.

Kim =^.^=

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  10:33:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Maurice Parmalee, PhD

Dr. Parmalee wrote the book, Nudism in Modern Life in 1927. It was about the "New Gymnospophy" movement (or nudism) which had begun in Germany and was taking hold in the U.S. It sold quietly until someone in the government (around 1933) decided it was obscene and couldn't be distributed. This began a long struggle in the U.S. court system for the right of nudists to publish material about nudism.

With the help of the ACLU, the publishers of Dr. Parmalee's book finally won the right to distribute it freely in the
U.S. although the case went all the way to the Supreme court and it was 1952 before the dust settled.

You might say, it's because of Paramlee's fight you enjoy the right to freely comment on this Naturist Discussion forum even today.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  10:50:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hap Hathaway

Hap was the spearhead of the highly successful WSA PR group back in the 1980's in Los Angeles. This group, under Hap's direction, began aggressively meeting the public and educating them about nudism. Prior to their efforts the nudists in the U.S. sort of practiced a "head-in-the-sand" approach toward public relations or worse preferred total anonymity which led the pubic to believe nudists were hiding something.

Hap went on to bring his very progressive PR techniques to the ASA while serviving as its President. I learned a lot from him and am proud to call him my friend.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  11:10:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think Cheef Dan should be on the list of notable nudists. He does so much work online and off-line to help nudists. His website, complete with frequent updates of nudist news, is an important tool for nudists around the world. He has also worked hard to put together events in the Philadelphia area, most notably (to me) a dinner at a fancy Philadelphia restaurant. Furthermore, he was instrumental in helping me- and others, I'm sure- to get connected with the nudist community. Go Cheef!

Melissa

Page: of 8 Topic  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.54 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved