Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 150 ]  [ Total: 150 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Unwanted Erection
 Where do you stand on Male Arousal?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Random-long towell
Page: of 67

sharee
Forum Member

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  4:50:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can not believe why us ,who participate in nudist activities continue to not admit that it has sexual undertones. If I'm wrong explain why this subject has 44 pages? And why so many varied opinions? I'm not saying that behind the gates of your local club it's one big mattress, but to deny that nature is not going to on occasion take over is silly. Yes I agree that the male erection should not be waved around as I and I'm sure others have seen, but I also think that most males do a reasonable job controlling them self. My point is it's going to happen, it how the male deals with it and also how females deal with it. To make every male feel like he's a bad little boy for becoming erect on occasion is really unfair.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  7:54:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sharee,

I may get ambushed for saying this but here goes....It all boils down to respect....if you’re nude around other people and have respect on your mind, an erection will not be a problem. Most nude resorts or nude beachs are the least sexually charged environment you can be in.

The second year we had been going to a nude beach my wife asked me, “How can you be around nude women all day and it not get hard?” Without me knowing it she had been watching me and that was the first time she really understood that nudity doesn’t = sex.

Don’t get me wrong I enjoy watching my wife very much but if you’re in a social environment you have to have respect. If you’re there for the right reasons your body will know how to behave.

Diger

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  11:05:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sharee

I can not believe why us ,who participate in nudist activities continue to not admit that it has sexual undertones. If I'm wrong explain why this subject has 44 pages? And why so many varied opinions? I'm not saying that behind the gates of your local club it's one big mattress, but to deny that nature is not going to on occasion take over is silly. Yes I agree that the male erection should not be waved around as I and I'm sure others have seen, but I also think that most males do a reasonable job controlling them self. My point is it's going to happen, it how the male deals with it and also how females deal with it. To make every male feel like he's a bad little boy for becoming erect on occasion is really unfair.

I don't doubt that the vast majority of nudist understand what you are saying and if honest, would agree with you in some respects.

I think it's also worth stating that you've answered the question or concerns that most of us have as well when it comes to erections. It's what the guys does with it when it happens that concerns many of us here.

There have been various posts from those that think it's their right to walk around with it and enjoy it no matter what others think. The whole "it's natural" argument can be debated using other natural bodily functions, as an example, that many of us have the common decency to be discreet about.

We seem to be on the same page about this issue. It's what the guy does with it that concerns many of us. You and others, like me, seem to be on the same page on this.

I've had erections on the beach, at the resorts, while talking with my wife. I don't get up with one and walk over to the bar and get a drink with a giant grin on my face. I just wait til it subsides and then get up. Is being discreet and having a bit of tact and common sense too much to ask for?

marpie
Forum Member

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  01:16:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let me quote some female opinions posted on this very forum:
"I enjoy seeing other people nude, both men and women, and I enjoy being seen nude. (...) Looking at a nude woman [my husband and sons] sometimes get an erection even though they are not thinking any thing sexual, its just normal. I take it as a compliment, some women find it offensive, but to me its okay, just as long as it doesn't get out of hand, or the guy is stimulating himself to get the erection."
"I must be unusual because I am never intimidated by an erection, and in fact enjoy seeing them in the right context. If a guy is walking along a nudist beach happens to be hard, I'll probably give him a smile. If the erection is caused by looking at me it's a lovely compliment."
"To make every male feel like he's a bad little boy for becoming erect on occasion is really unfair."
And there are more like this on many other forums.
I start thinking that people fighting furiously for "cover-up" etiquette are linking nudity=sex, whereas other expressing opinons like above are more relaxed about it.

Edited by - marpie on 03/22/2006 01:16:55 AM

freecplnAr
Forum Member

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  3:25:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with spontanudity. Believe it or not, we men CAN control our arousal urges. It's not like we are servants to our penis. When a man feels aroused and realizes he may be getting an erection he can, and should, divert his attention elsewhere....mentally. Guys, it's not that difficult. Just turn over for a minute and redirect your thoughts and you will see a drastic and timely reduction in the arousal. On the other hand, both male and female should not be shocked if a guy with an erection is sighted. It happens. The warm sunny weather and the feeling of being free to be natural is arousing. I think MOST guys know the etiquette at that point.

Thank God it's almost warm!!

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  4:50:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marpie, wouldn't you agree that the nudist community has a right to be somewhat oversensitive on the cover-up point? The so-called Christian evangelical right seems to currently be at its political high now. They seem to have no qualms about telling another how their body can be used.
Since erections have only one purpose that I am aware of, allowing folks to walk about openly or to flaunt same seems a quick way to elicit other behaviors that will result in the nudist venue being closed.

So it isn't about whether there's an element of sexual attraction when nude; it's about having a place to be nude in the first place.

Edited by - GeeWilly on 03/24/2006 11:01:20 AM

marpie
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  03:11:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
The so-called Christian evangelical right seems to currently be at its political high now. They semm to have no qualms about telling another how their body can be used.

Look at the forum http://www.[site under review]/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=13
At least they call themselves Christian Naturists.

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  10:15:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks marpie, I have visited the site you refer to. Do you think the reverend James Dobson and his ilk ascribe to the views presented on your web site? They are the evangelical religious right I speak of; the ones who seem to hold so much sway with the political folks currently in power in most of this country.
The Fig Leaf forum is another mature, in my opinion, naturist web site you might look at. It discusses nudity from a Christian point of view.

My assessment of the so-called evangelical right is that they would not hesitate to impose their views on all. The seem to ignore that the cornerstone of Christianity is forgiveness.

sueallday
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  1:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Geewilly and Marpie, I have read your comments here, and I do agree that any anti-nudist group can come up with hundreds of reasons to try and stop the enjoyment of nudism. My comment to you, and I'm going to get hate posts by the hundreds is, zealots do not need the male arousal issue as ammunition to stop nudists, not as long as children under the age of consent are present. Don't get me wrong if people want to enjoy nudism with their children at home or out camping, where no other adults are present, that's fine. Children do not belong at nudist clubs, resorts, or beaches, and not because I'm against it, or I feel the children are not safe, but because this is great fodder for those that would like government, police etc., to believe our behavior is deviant. Anti-nudists have an up hill battle when it comes to consenting adults, but can make a case, right or wrong, that unless a child is of the age of consent, they are being forced into nudist activities by their parents. It's a sad fact in this day and age that everyone feels that they have a say in how we raise our children, but if anything is going to be used, this is it.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  8:06:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sueallday

snip Children do not belong at nudist clubs, resorts, or beaches, and not because I'm against it, or I feel the children are not safe, but because this is great fodder for those that would like government, police etc., to believe our behavior is deviant. Anti-nudists have an up hill battle when it comes to consenting adults, but can make a case, right or wrong, that unless a child is of the age of consent, they are being forced into nudist activities by their parents. It's a sad fact in this day and age that everyone feels that they have a say in how we raise our children, but if anything is going to be used, this is it.

There have been a number of studies regarding children & nudism that refutes what you are saying.

Marilyn Story, in the Journal of Psychology, Vol. 118, first Half,
Sept. 1984 "Comparisons of Body Self-Concept between Social Nudists &
Nonnudists"

Marilyn Story, in Jour. of Social Psychology, 1979, 108, 49-56 "Factors
Associated w/More Positive Body Self-Concepts in Preschool children"

Robin Lewis & Louis Janda, in The Relationship Between Adult Sexual
Adjustment & Childhood Experiences Regarding Exposure to Nudity,
Sleeping in the Parental Bed, &Parental Attitudes Toward Sexuality,
Arch. of Sexual Behavior, Vol. 17, No.4, 1988

Marilyn Story in "A Comparison of Social Nudists & Non-nudists on
Experience w/Various Sexual Outlets" Journ. of Sex Research, Vol. 23,
No. 2, pp
197-211, May 1987

Mary S. Calderone, M.D., in "The Family Book About Sexuality," states:
" ... with very young children accustomed from the beginning to nudity
in
themselves and their parents, a great deal is taken for granted, and it
doesn't seem to be much of an issue to them. What nudity does is make
it
easy for children to become absolutely certain about just how men and
women are made. This knowledge is of great importance in assuring the
child of his or her own correct gender. The differences in body states
and sizes - and in body organs - can then be taken for granted and will
provide an accurate image of how they themselves, or the opposite sex,
will look when grown up. Children whose parents feel at ease in such
natural events as stepping out of the shower, toweling, and walking back
to their room to dress are fortunate."

A suggested book is GROWING UP WITHOUT SHAME by Dennis Craig Smith,
ISBN 1-55599-001-0

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 03/23/2006 8:07:15 PM

DaffyTaffy2
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  10:21:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

I think in the past I have responded to this Q posed by many. But.... opinions can sometimes be turned around for the good or bad.

So all I am going to interget is this:

You make your choices, your dession, you plan your activities. ONLY YOU can change the minds of those you disagree with by presenting your case and your reasons for them. They will either agree or disagree. Period! Onionions are like they say a--h____ everyone has one.

So it bascicaaly boils down to it's you opion.

DaffyTaffy2
Jo Ann

Skinny Women are not Evil

sueallday
Forum Member

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  2:16:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri:
I'm not trying to be rude but I've noticed by reading through this site that you are great at show lists of positive nudist information. If I wished to, I could spend several hours and find articles that will directly dispute the writings you quote. I don't let someone do my thinking for me. Whether there are studies for and against children being involved in nudism was not my point. Church and state will always have the child issue anytime they wish to play that card. If I can find so called experts to dispute your so called experts so can they. I'm not saying it's right I'm just pointing it out.

freecplnAr
Forum Member

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  3:42:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can we drop the erection argument once and for all? It's been a hot topic for the past three years according to the post dates and it seems there is a line of agreement/disageement that seemingly everyone has a basic understanding of. Erections should be covered because it seems some people COULD be offended....other people are willing to admit that it is purely natural and in the nudist community natural things are just that...natural, it is not a sign of "male aggression". I agree with a moderator post from some time back.."can we just agree to disagree on some things?"....In my experience, it has been noticed that all nudist locations have etiquette posted in some manner when you arrive, so follow it. Personally, anytime I have become aroused in a nude venue I just turn over for a few minutes, but like said above..it really doesn't happen all that often.

Thank God it's almost warm!!

DaffyTaffy2
Forum Member

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  9:00:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Koodos to all in this forum. I personally will avoid this in the future as the above and a moderator said " agree to disagree" period.

Jo Ann

Skinny Women are not Evil

bareskin_rug
Forum Member

Posted - 04/03/2006 :  12:50:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being the father of three young boys, I can be sure that this issue will come up in a few years, should our kids keep practicing nudism when they're in their teens.

Since my wife and I are trying to instill in them that the body is nothing to be ashamed of, I don't want to make them think that the penis, in whichever state, is any different. If they are playing with their penises in order to achieve erections in the public, or if they're making a spectacle of it, you bet I'll ask them to stop. I'll tell them that it's not polite.

But if one of them becomes aroused at the sight of an attractive nude person, or if it just becomes erect for no good reason, I'll probably do or say nothing that will make them feel self-conscious, or try to suppress their natural instincts, except to make sure they don't ACT on them.

Page: of 67 Topic Next Topic: Random-long towell  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.39 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved