Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 222 ]  [ Total: 222 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 New nude resort in Jamaica called "N"
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Awkward Moment Topic Next Topic: Ever dared to be nude alone?  

Newbie_nudists
Forum Member

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  09:49:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Newbie_nudists a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Does anybody have any news on this new nude resort? Is it a nice place, and in a safe area?

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  11:14:39 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lots of info and links here: http://www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1217403&Main=1215778

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  12:12:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.n-resort.com/

The website certainly looks nice ... but don't they all? I like that they say up-front that they are not a swinger resort. I hope an intrepid forum member can visit soon and bring back some good news.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  11:25:26 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
In the biz, that web site is what is known as a "scroller." Not exactly the height of design. Some of the photos are nice, though one has to wonder about all the shots of the 20 somethings. Seems fake to me...

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  11:52:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, most of the photos with actual humans in them seem pretty generic, don't they? Still, the place obviously exists - it's gone through several ownership and name changes over the years - and maybe, just maybe, it will turn out to be OK. Given the loss of Sorobon to the textile world, and the increased attacks on C/O beaches we keep reading about, we could use some good news.

Newbie_nudists
Forum Member

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  3:23:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Newbie_nudists a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I guess, like anything new, everyone is a bit skeptical. (myself included) Hopefully somebody will check it out and report back to us.
I like the concept, but i'm just not willing to blow my hard earned money without acquiring some info first.

bqdude1
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2011 :  12:55:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just saw a report about a nude holloween event at N. Here is the link
http://news.yahoo.com/s/prweb/20110318/bs_prweb/prweb5170614_1

bqdude1
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2011 :  1:06:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the pages that I found about N-Resort they all mention that the resort is for "couples and single women". A single guy I guess is our of luck. I guess that a single guy needs to hook up for a vacation with a single woman to get in as a couple. It is impossible for a guy to do like Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon did in "Some like it Hot" at a nudist resort. For those of you that do not remember, Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon dressed up as women to play in an all female band with Marilyn Monroe.

jw1
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2011 :  5:52:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are a number of generally good reviews/trip reports on other travel-related sites like traveltalkonline, Dennyp, adult resort forum, expedia and tripadvisor.

They appear to be clearly targeting the naturist crowd as opposed to the hedonism party-crowd for the moment...hopes it works for them.

Edited by - jw1 on 03/19/2011 5:54:26 PM

dna72

Posted - 03/22/2011 :  8:25:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I initially chose this resort for our honeymoon. You can find some first hand info on it here: http://www.dennyp.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/forums/35/1/N_Resort

I will say that the we are "recreational" nudists. The reason we decided against N was because they had a policy against genital piercings. Since we are both sporting jewelry it was an obvious issue. I realize now that this actually is an issue amongst some of the people in the naturist lifestyle. That's fine. I'm not making any statement one way or the other. However, be forewarned that N has change their policy on this recently.

Other than that, everything I've read about the resort has been positive other than the fact that they are typically slow. Honestly I think this will change over time and I would be up to giving them a shot in the future. They are certainly more affordable than most of the other resorts in Jamaica.

I hope this helps. :-)

slick214
Forum Member

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  10:28:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got back from a week here and have to say we loved it. There are many recent reports on trip advisor or facebook (n-resort trelawny) and agree with what they are saying. About 30 to 35 couples there, average age mid 50s. Our highlights we're being able to walk off the resort property nude and walk a mile and a half along the ocean only passing other guest from the resort, the international volley ball games (85% fun/15% competitive) and just the small crowd of friendly people we got to talk to while we we're there. The low light of the week was of the people there I guess 60% Canadians, 25% Americans, and 15% Other Nations. Absolutely nothing against Canadians (we had a blast with all of them) but I hope more Americans will support this place. All in all if you like 5 star resorts with lots of people/kids this is not for you.(although we did get 5 star service!) This is our 7th consecutive years we vacationed in Jamaica and this was the most peaceful, relaxing, and fun vacation we have had there!

Previous Topic: Awkward Moment Topic Next Topic: Ever dared to be nude alone?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved