Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 436 ]  [ Total: 436 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 How did you first personally hear about nudism?
 How did you first personally hear about nudism?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: What Originally Drew You To Nudism? Topic
Page: of 16

flexus42
Forum Member

Posted - 09/19/2005 :  6:25:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit flexus42's Homepage  Send flexus42 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
When I was in the military, I was stationed in Germany and often stayed at "Sport" hotels, which generally had pools, saunas, and hot tubs. Full nudity was the norm and I figured, when in Rome...

Now I'm generally only nude when I'm home alone or sleeping. I've been sleeping in the nude for many years. I've recently begun investigating other options, such as clubs and resorts.

b00ndock1

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  10:16:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im 22 and a new member, i found out about nudism when i was probably 16 or 17, saw a sibling's friend swimming nude at our house, looked really fun and i tried it and ive been into it ever since

later
Forum Member

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  7:08:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At around the age of two or three, I looked down and realized i was nude, and i liked it! It was down hill from there.

TallTim
Forum Member

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  08:19:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't remember when I first heard about it. It's just something I've always done. I've lived in high humidity areas all my life and the less you had on the better it felt. I'm not a big fan of wet, clingy clothing.

Tim

jherazob
Forum Member

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  10:58:00 PM  Show Profile  Send jherazob a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't really remember the first time i heard about nudists, i'm sure it was some gag on a TV show. But long before that i was already one. I remember clearly how i noticed that i had to wear clothes because the maid would see me naked, so i told mom that i had decided to show her my peepee so that there would be no problem for me to wander around the house without them

I do remember being told a bit later than that (by another maid i think) that "by sleeping naked bad spirits would enter my body by my peepee" so i decided that it would be a bad idea, even though i had liked to do that before. Sometime later body shame was in place

Fortunatedly it wouldn't be there forever

---------------------------------------
"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something."
Robert Heinlein

ilovegabibbo
Forum Member

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  7:25:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I first discovered naturism at a club here in Kent, Englan which was very liberated and allowed everyone membership. I saw an ad for the club in a magazine and went up ther to investigate- I suppose quite brave for a lone 29 year old female-and didn't go bare on that occasion, but liked the idea.

I went back later on in the year when the climate was a bit kinder, and took off my one garment-a dress- in fron of about 4 guys and one woman. One of the guys was the late owner of the club. It all felt so natural to be nude, but at the same time, daring and a bit naughty. Needless to say, I took to naturism like a duck to water and love the feeling of freedom it gives me. Over the years I would go along to the club and have a swim in their pool, and go down to the long field and read a book in the sun, totally on my own. I was never 'bothered' by anyone, although there were guys who chatted to me. If I wanted to be on my own I just said so and they went away. Naturists are like that-very friendly people but they'll leave you in peace if you don't want to be disturbed.
The aforementioned club also introduced me to Cap D'Agde in France and I've now bought a tiny studio there because I love it there so much.
Has anyone else had some good experiences of the Cap?(I know, it's another topic).
xxx Helen.

Helen
Naturist since 1992 and still loving it!

stewincanada
Forum Member

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  8:45:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit stewincanada's Homepage  Send stewincanada a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
First realised it existed when I was a kid looking at vacation brochures for what was Yugoslavia..then i kind of forgot about it until I was on vacation in Portugal one year, and found myself unknowingly on an unofficial nude beach...from that day I was hooked.

Stewart
Cheap Airfares for nudists ( and others )

LaurenNude

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  9:19:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know when I first "heard" about it, but it first "hit" me when I was 14 and I was at a friends house. She asked if I wanted to go in the hot tub, and I said yes. Dumb me I was going to go back to my house to get my suit, but before I knew it, she was butt nekkid. So I figured "What the heck?", and got nude as well and LOVED it!

That was 10 years ago, and she and I are still best friends.

Lauren

nurserobin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  07:27:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My first "exposure" to nudism was in a Pink Panther movie I saw when I was a kid...anybody remember it? Peter Sellers was walking around holding a guitar in front of his privates? It was hilarious!

joenudist
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  11:06:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I remember it! The name of the movie was a Shot in the Dark! It is my favorite Peter Sellers movie!

Joe

Peter Pan
Forum Member

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  3:48:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Peter Pan an AOL message  Send Peter Pan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
for me it all started when i was about 13 and i first got aol and discovered the internet, and chat rooms in particular..i would stay up late at night surfing around, sometimes my lil brother was hangin out with me (we started nudism together at the same time) and i'd see these nudist chatrooms and go into them to talk to people and was hooked! my brother and i started to go nude at night when we went online, and it justbecamse something we did more and more often, for longer amounts of time..so i learned about nudism as a lifestyle online!

~Petey Pan~

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  09:31:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Those of you near my age will remember the National Geographic magazine which as I recall featured naked women in seemingly every issue. I enjoyed viewing the nude women when quite young, perhaps 6 or 7, and thought their nudity to be natural and attractive. Admittedly, viewing the photos aroused something within me that I did not understand. The nude men, less frequently shown, didn't bother me.

I think all of these nudist societies, which apparently still exist in isolated areas, developed protocols separating sex and nudism. A must for cultural harmony.

Jim

Nude 1 2

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  08:25:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gidday All,
New Member - first post!

I cannot remember when I first heard about nudists. All I can remember is always wanting to be nude. Twenty years or so ago I had to go into hospital for minor surgery and had to buy pyjamas because I slept nude. My wife was always prompting me to get dressed after I got up. I knew about nudists but it never occurred to me I might be one.

About five years ago my wife and I separated and I now live by myself. I found myself spending longer and longer nude before getting dressed while at home. Then I found myself nude in the backyard. (Boy was that a shock, finding a nude person in MY backyard!)

Then one day I was on the internet and somehow found myself at a nudist website. Pressing the ENTER button introduced me to a new world. There were lots of people out there calling themselves nudists and it seemed they felt just like me. I found my nearest nude beach and off I went. Getting nude was easy and I had a great day. I now visit nude beaches, nudist resorts and camping areas etc and am happy to call myself a nudist.

I finally know who I am.

Nude 1 2 (Nude one too)
Also known as Trev.
lives... Melbourne. Australia

bareskin_rug
Forum Member

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  12:15:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I first heard about it when I was in grade school, basically playground talk. I'd heard about nude beaches and nudist colonies.

It never sounded too appealing to me, but then my wife started talking about nudism a couple of years ago, as she had once gone to a nude beach when she was in college. She decided to start sleeping nude and basically being nude as long as we were in our bedroom. It more or less went from being a suggestive overture to being something she found very comfortable. She then talked me into shedding our clothes on a Carribean trip last year. I knew I wanted to do it again about 10 minutes into it.

NakedEducator

Posted - 04/15/2006 :  12:46:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone

I first heard about nudism actually on TV, of all things. Back in the late 1970's, some of you may remember a man by the name of Dick Drost. He ran a nudist resort in Roselawn, Indiana by the name of Naked City. I didn't know it at the time, but I saw those words on the side of this one building everytime we'd either up I-65 towards Chicago or down I-65 towards Indianapolis. I became so fascinated with it, that I asked my parents what it was. Their answer, "You don't need to know about it." That was it, no other explanation given.
Five years later (at 17), I was nude for the first time outside of taking a shower. In 2003, took it socially.

Scott, the naked educator

Page: of 16 Previous Topic: What Originally Drew You To Nudism? Topic  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.23 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved