Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 166 ]  [ Total: 166 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 How did you first personally hear about nudism?
 How did you first personally hear about nudism?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: What Originally Drew You To Nudism? Topic
Page: of 16

Partialartist

Posted - 04/15/2006 :  1:21:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think my earliest memory of hearing about nudism was the nude beach episode of Three's Company, when I was a kid.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 04/15/2006 :  11:27:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I too can trace my earliest memory of hearing about nudism to a TV show.

On the show M.A.S.H. I can remember BJ and Trapper reading a nudist magazine that Radar had just delivered.

I believe the show Simon & Simon also had an episode at a nudist resort?

Diger

JustJim
Forum Member

Posted - 04/17/2006 :  1:37:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My first discovery of "Nudism" came about when I was in about the 5th or 6th grade and found a nudist magazine hidden in an old abandoned stable we used as a "fort" near our home. The magazine was in black and white back then..the title had something to do with "Sun"...but I can't remember the specific name.
I eagerly thumbed through it and looked at the many various photos of women showing their "boobs" which I thought was totally fascinating. The only problem was that back then, even the NUDIST magazines were censored (or at least that one was) to the point that genitalia was blurred or air-brushed (if they had airbrushes back then) and everyone was smooth and featureless between their legs...men and women both. So my opinion may well have been the same as the kids who checked out Barbi and Ken dolls later in life....people have breasts and buttocks..and that's it.

JustJim

Edited by - Moderator on 04/17/2006 1:53:01 PM

BlobbyBob
Forum Member

Posted - 05/07/2006 :  09:56:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't really remember any specific moment where I suddenly 'discovered' naturism/nudism. Until I was about 4 I used to run around naked on the beach on holiday, and when I was in my early teens I used to stay at my grandparents house some nights and, when they went out I used to have a shower and stay naked a while watching TV. At the time it was just something I felt comfortable doing.

As I got older, and got a computer and got online, I discovered sites/forums like this one. I can't say I like the 'titles' of naturism/nudism, but then again I never like being labelled. I just enjoy being nude.

Temet Nosce

paminimalist
Forum Member

Posted - 05/29/2006 :  7:55:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never heard but more Visual, growing up I recall some guy taking us for ride & seeing a stack of then Nudie magazines, then in the Navy I saw more Nudie zines & Playboys & got Horney.
Then I went to Blacks beach 1978 1X, then Years later went to Glen Eden 2X alone & NO Fun.
Havent been since.
NO one to go with.
Guys, women or group.
IE 35-50 or women in Mid 20s Plus group.
Or know contacts in Nudist camp.
Very crowded on holidays.
Parking is sparse unless improved since then at GE.

tnjeditor

Posted - 06/02/2006 :  11:01:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit tnjeditor's Homepage  Send tnjeditor an AOL message  Click to see tnjeditor's MSN Messenger address  Send tnjeditor a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
For me it's hard to say when I first /really/ heard about nudism. The first memory I have is when I was a very small kid (5 perhaps) and my parents took us to Sunny Palms in Florida (yes, the original). What makes that event distinctive is that after we got out of the car I remember my mother telling me to get undressed. I looked at her funny as it seemed out of place to me, "What? go naked outside?" She told me we had been there the previous summer and that it was ok. I simply didn't remember that, must have been too young for it to have made an impression. But since that memory, it's always been a large part of my life.

http://www.speers.nu/yoga/
http://www.naturistjournal.com/

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  12:41:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I, too, saw my quota of nudist magazines as a Boy Scout in the '50s. When I married in 1968, I was already a long-time home nudist, and quickly converted my Wife. Last summer, I ripped my right leg and spent seven weeks in bed. One of my Wife's friends visited me, and later confided to her that the friend was leader of a local nudist group! This is the lady known here as Melissa Starr. My Wife and I have joined Phi Nu and, so far, participated in three Swims and two ouse Parties.
I wanted to host a House Party, myself, but was unable to due to a conflict with my Nephew's funeral. It was lucky that we knew Melissa.

ggwydion
Forum Member

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  7:05:34 PM  Show Profile  Send ggwydion an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My first exposure to public nudism was a the Free Spirit Gathering a few years ago and I have been hooked ever sense. You get there, its hot and humid (this being maryland in the summer after all) and everyone else is naked. What can you do. Be hot and sufffer or join in the fun. I was raised in a very consertive household but that has not held me back. Now both my wife and I practice the life style. She and her parents were nudests when I meant them.

EuroTim
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  1:46:11 PM  Show Profile  Click to see EuroTim's MSN Messenger address  Send EuroTim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I had always heard that nearby where I lived on Cape Cod that there was a sort of beach where 'the people didn't wear clothes'. At the time, I was about 7-8 years old and it just seemed to me to be the most intelligent concept ever put into practice. I started being naked at home whenever possible and from then on, there was no turning back.

Rodders
Forum Member

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  10:34:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had, always as a child enjoyed going naked at home in the back yard and just considered normal. My parents had an open door policy and so I saw them pretty often in the nude. As I got older I did hear about nudism from school friends and realized that without knowing it I was already a nudist. My father had also left a nudist magazine on a table in the living room when I was about fourteen & I really found the subject interesting. For one thing there were lots of pictures of nudists & I was of course then very interested in the ones of girls. This was pretty natural as I was educated, as most of us were in England in a single sex school and as an only child had only ever really seen my mother in the nude. I also remember my grandmother showing me a newspaper with an article about the German island of Sylte & she was fascinated to read, as I was that it was illegal to sunbathe there clothed if the temperature rose beyond a certain level. She was very pro nudism & we had quite a long conversation about it all and my desire to meet other nudists. So, I did!

Rod

nudeinNJ2006

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  08:43:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone. Im a fairly new here. My story on how i became interested in nudism is kind of lame. but it kind of makes me laugh to this day. i remember being really young and looking through a stack of old National Geographic magazines from the 70's and 80's. Im not sure if the article was about Europe tourism or a certain country but i distinctly remember a photo of a nudist resort with 3 women sitting on a beach while a clothed marching band played in the center. Two of the women were in their 30's or 40's and once was a teenage girl. I didnt "excite me" the way i expected. I was intstaly drawn to it. It looked so out of context yet so natural and freeing at the same time. From then on I tried to find any information i could but resources were limited (before the days of this thing called the internet)ha. so yeah. thats my story.

si_086

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  02:03:03 AM  Show Profile  Click to see si_086's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oddly enough i heard about nudism through an ironing ad on tv...that would have been about 7 years ago...i thought that sounds interesting...i googled nudist found out some info and ever since then ive been a nudist an proud of it

NudeLori
Forum Member

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  3:03:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First heard about it, as in that people did it? Who knows. But I first got into it Freshman year of college. A friend and me had to get nude because.......well.....its a long story, e-mail me for details. Anyway, we both loved it and looked into it where we could find like minded people. 6 years later, we still are going strong :)

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 09/23/2006 :  10:15:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NudeLori

First heard about it, as in that people did it? Who knows. But I first got into it Freshman year of college. A friend and me had to get nude because.......well.....its a long story, e-mail me for details. Anyway, we both loved it and looked into it where we could find like minded people. 6 years later, we still are going strong :)

I don't mind long if appropriate for this forum...

This is a great section to start a new stip (I have a forum friend who refuses to call them threads).

HG8Harrier
Forum Member

Posted - 09/23/2006 :  9:03:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit HG8Harrier's Homepage  Send HG8Harrier an AOL message  Send HG8Harrier a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NudeLori

Lori,

You might be the only twenty something woman in these forums. My first time sounds a little bit like yours. However, when we went we felt isolated because of a serious age gap. I guess this wasn't the case with yours.

Page: of 16 Previous Topic: What Originally Drew You To Nudism? Topic  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.25 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved