Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 442 ]  [ Total: 442 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Nude Beach Trip Reports
 Pirates Cove, near Avila Beach, CA
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Red Rock Beach - North Bay Area, Calif. Topic Next Topic: A great nude beach taken over by textiles?  

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  10:52:59 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We're spending a week in the area and have gone to Pirates Cove a couple of times so far. This beach is one of the very best anywhere. The hike down the cliff is moderately difficult and there are the occasional gawkers, but the south-facing cliff keeps things warm even on a semi-overcast day. The crowd is mixed and friendly; probably 75 people on a good day.

One thing we noticed last Sunday was the large number of clothed and topless-only younger people. I always wonder about the mentality of someone who bothers to hike all the way down to a nude beach and then leave their swim suit on. In this case it almost seemed like it has become "cool" to hang out at the nude beach. We did see a couple of the bolder ones experimenting with taking off tops and or trunks, so maybe it's just a phase and they'll end up being naturists eventually. We hope so. It would be a shame if this gem of a nude beach got overrun by textiles. There is a strong local crowd there, so I doubt that would ever happen.

In any case, do not miss this beach if you are in the area; it's outstanding. Directions online.

SandC
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  11:02:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep. This is the beach where I first went full nude and my wife went topless. I think you are right about the half-clothed crowd. They are trying to get up the courage to go full nude. It's funny, when you have a good body, you're too shy to show it. When you get older and your body is no prize winner, you have no problem at all stripping down. :-)

I agree, Pirate's Cove is a hidden gem near San Luis Obispo. It's at the end of Cave Landing Road which is on the left just before you get to Avila. And try to head as far down the beach as you can, that is were the local naturists hang out and they are pretty good at shooing away gawkers and textiles.

txnatnud
Forum Member

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  08:19:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow - this beach is still nude? This was also my first nude beach experience a long time ago. I went there several times while on business trips near the area (cleverly scheduled the business trips to be able to stay on the weekends before flying back home). This beach is terrific and was the perfect place to go nude. When I was there, there were plenty of people fully nude. I wish I had that place in my backyard (loosely described as anything within a couple of hundred miles).

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  11:38:56 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, there are still PLENTY of nude folks, maybe 75% are. And they live in harmony with the textiles and topless. It's just such a beautiful natural environment. You do see a fair number of "first timers" there (judging by their tan lines or lack of tan). It's a great place to take someone for their first experience...lots of room and semi-secluded sections within the rocks. We've been going there for at least 20 years. Aside from some of the Greek island beaches (which it reminds us of), and St. Martin, it's probably our all time favorite. Don't miss it!

hernandocpl
Forum Member

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  2:07:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we went there in 1999 was fantastic. Lots of nude people, volleyball etc parties and after sun nights with a few of them. Even had a barbie one day when we all contributed to summit on the beach. we either parked at the very north western end and walked or climbed down the cliff.

Fantastic bunch of people

Live love and have fun

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/20/2010 :  10:03:15 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We're finding that midweek there are fewer people and the ratio of men is higher, at least until later in the day when more couples come after work. The natural environment there is so woderful: seals swimming around and pelicans striking right off shore. In the past we have seen skates near shore also. Yesterday a guy told us that last summer he saw whales breaching in the distance. Since the main parking lot was closed, we discovered a new way down to the beach via rops on the cliff. Pretty difficult and scary (especially while carrying chairs and backpacks, etc., but pretty exciting also. We also noticed that several times a day a Zodiac from nearby Avila Beach comes close to the beach to show tourists the "wild life" (no doubt the nudists are a big draw). They don't get too close and I didn't notice any cameras. Might be good for people to see how carefree, fun, and economical their vacation could be if they took off their clothes.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 02/05/2013 :  10:20:29 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Another update. My wife and I were here last Friday about noon. Must have been 40 cars in the parking lot, which surprised us, especially since there seemed to be only about 45 people on the beach. Anyway, a good turnout for a February Friday with the temps in the mid 60's. Once again we noticed a significant number of younger people wearing bathing suits or sunbathing topless (my wife was one of only 3 or 4 women fully nude), but everyone gets along. Clouds/haze came up later in the afternoon and cooled things off, but all in all a nice winter beach experience. If you haven't been here before, make it a point to visit; the surrounding area has many places to stay or camp, wineries to visit, nice restaurants, etc. The beach is good enough to be the centerpiece of a vacation trip. And don't forget to leave the swim suits at home ;-).

TandTMontana

Posted - 09/21/2013 :  3:38:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there, thought I'd add my thoughts about our visit to Pirates Cove Beach, CA. We visited in Oct, 2012 while traveling up Hiway 1 towards San Francisco. Wive and I had visited a number of C/O beaches including Blacks Beach (CA), South Padre Island (TX) and Kehena Black Sand Beach on the east side of the Big Island. All were as advertised. Our visit to Pirates Cove was during a weekday and we arrived at around 10 a.m. We were prepared for a steep hike, based upon what info we'd found searching the web. The hike down (and back up) is moderate, at best (particularly if you've been up and down the trail to Blacks Beach). We found the beach mostly absent of bathers. We went to the most southern portion and put the towels out, disrobed, and relaxed. The beach is beautiful, the seals were on full display, and as a few more folks showed up, the full nude participation seemed to be about 50%. Wife was enjoying the sun and I was basically knee deep in the surf enjoying the coolness of it. A couple of regulars came down the 'cliff' route which deposited them in the trees/shrubs immediately behind where my wife was sunbathing. She was a bit startled, but once that wore off she carried on a conversation for a bit. All was good. The only downer we noticed was the amount of debris (peoples trash) that had been left behind. Sure wish folks would practice the pack it in, pack it out rule. Would be a shame to have this beautiful site turned into a trash heap. We'll return next time we venture near the central coast area.

Edited by - TandTMontana on 09/21/2013 3:41:06 PM

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/24/2013 :  12:19:32 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Glad you had a good time. We've found the crowd varies quite a bit during the year. When college is in session, the uptight students arrive and mostly keep their clothes on. In the middle of the summer the crowd is older and more nude.

Last time we were there we noticed trash also. I can pretty much guarantee that it isn't nudists who are leaving Bud cans and cigarette butts. I picked up a bunch of trash when I was last there. Some guy was leaving and I asked him if that was his plastic bag, he said, "No, it was already there." And he obviously felt no need to pick it up as he left? Clueless young man. What the hell is happening to college kids; they are afraid to get naked and they litter. I know I am sounding like a crotchity old man, but jeez.

Anyway, it's a wonderful natural environment. If you are a nudist and live anywhere nearby, visit and help keep it nude.

Previous Topic: Red Rock Beach - North Bay Area, Calif. Topic Next Topic: A great nude beach taken over by textiles?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.15 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved