Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 187 ]  [ Total: 187 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Romantic / Adult-Oriented Nudist Resort Directory
 Areolas - near Palm Springs CA
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Suggestions for First Nude Getaway Topic Next Topic: French Polynesian islands  

Areolas

Posted - 02/22/2010 :  9:36:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, the physical site is not open yet, but the website is close, www.areolasresort.com. Areolas Spa and Resort is a clothing optional hot springs fed boutique resort for adult couples and females. Areolas is located near Palm Springs in "Spa City USA", Desert Hot Springs. Check us out!

CalTom
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2010 :  2:41:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my god, is this the place? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSD0XZobbc0 Good luck. It looks like you have a lot of work before you open.

I just read the driving directions. Drive toward Palm Springs and then make a sharp left and head towards Area 51. This is strangely similar to another (unnamed) nudist resort. Hopefully Areolas is a more mainstream nudist resort.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2010 :  4:44:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is indeed the place, Tom. But miracles have been wrought in the desert before. Living Waters was at least as bombed-out when Jeff and Judy bought it, but they labored mightily and turned it into one of my very favorite spa resorts. Nothing fancy, just ... right. So maybe Areolas (despite the (IMHO) unfortunate name and all the "tantric" nonsense on their website) will turn out OK. If they use Living Waters or Terra Cotta as models instead of the Resort That Shall Not Be Named in the same neighborhood, I'm willing to give 'em a look.

Comparing Desert Hot Springs to Area 51 is clearly libelous, but lucky for you those space aliens lack legal standing in American courts.

And how 'bout that Epps guy? I'm no judge of his remodeling skills ... er, skilz, but anybody that uses John Coltrane for his into/outro music can't be all bad.

CalTom
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  12:18:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NaturistDoc
Comparing Desert Hot Springs to Area 51 is clearly libelous, but lucky for you those space aliens lack legal standing in American courts.

LOL-Didn't that overnight UFO radio show Coast to Coast AM have some guy on who claimed President Dwight Eisenhower met with aliens on a trip to Palm Springs in 1954? (Cue the Twilight Zone theme)

NaturistDoc, one of my favorite nudist posters! I agree, don't judge the place until we get some feedback from visitors. We need all the clothing-optional and nudist resorts we can get.

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  7:28:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well aside from the poor name choice, I will be interested to read feedback from those who check this place out as well.

Jenn

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  10:33:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We'll be out at Living Waters Spa 14-18 April with our good friends and wonderful hosts Jeff and Judy. Perhaps we'll do a little recon (reconnaissance)and see how the Areolas place is developing. Agree that the name and tantric feel of the website is designed to attract at least an R-rated crowd.

FlCpl4NewdFun
Forum Member

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  02:19:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pilot - Sorry we'll miss you, we'll be at LWS in mid July.

The resort appears to be a legit redevelopment project. It's the same address as the old dilapidated Golden Palm Spa & Resort. The fictitious business name was registered with the county clerk in January by the owner of an out of state boutique spirits company. I look forward to seeing how this project takes shape and hope the developer is successful.

blackrebel
Forum Member

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  10:59:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit blackrebel's Homepage  Send blackrebel an AOL message  Send blackrebel a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pilot

We'll be out at Living Waters Spa 14-18 April with our good friends and wonderful hosts Jeff and Judy. Perhaps we'll do a little recon (reconnaissance)and see how the Areolas place is developing. Agree that the name and tantric feel of the website is designed to attract at least an R-rated crowd.

I agree with Pilot. I didn't want to be another fuddy-duddy, but, to me it's more than adults only who dont want to be only around adults.

Areolas

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  12:38:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Areolas Spa and Resort should have 10 of 14 rooms open by this Friday, April 16,2010. Website has been updated too at www.areolasresort.com. The resort focuses on tantric energy in a clothing optional environment. The resort is fed with hot mineral water, has a large pool deck and large indoor spa bath haus. I would classify it as a step down in sexuality, but a step up in senuality from Sea Mountain Ranch. There is no open sexuality in public areas of resort. I will offer a limited amount of 50% rooms for anyone on this forum. I would like the feedback. Contact me at info@areolasresort.com

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  9:51:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We visited Areolas on 16 April for a tour. The manager, Kathy, was very gracious in giving us an impromptu tour. There were no guests on site yet--the pools were still filling--but we can share a few impressions about the physical space and what we understand of the philosophy of the place. We did ask about the name. They wanted an "A" name so as to come up early in any alphabetized search, and the owner's spouse decided that since the place would be at least 'topless' at the time they were coming up with names, 'areolas' was selected.

First, the new management has done an impressive job of renovating/restoring the physical plant. Clearly a lot of work has gone into the facility.

The rooms range from cozy to large with cooking areas. They appeared comfortable without overwhelming luxury.

The main pool has a nicely finished deck area. The conversation pool/whirlpool is indoors. Our preference is for the conversation pool to be outside, especially in the desert. But it is generously sized.

As an alternative to drinks/hors d'oeuvres in the conversation pool, management has set up a small outdoor bar area next to the main pool and will serve drinks 4-6 pm daily.

There is an outdoor bathtub for 'the sacred bath', probably large enough for a couple. There is also an outdoor massage area.

The indoor massage area is cozy and relatively dark. Large enough to accomodate a couples massage.

There is a separate enclosed patio/hut for 'conversations'.

Management states that they are going to enforce to 'no sex in public areas' of the resort while remaining 'lifestyle friendly'. Our take is that they are sincere in that intent. It'll be interesting to see what slice of the clothing-optional business they get, and how successful they are maintaining a public sensual -- but private sexual-- atmosphere.

Previous Topic: Suggestions for First Nude Getaway Topic Next Topic: French Polynesian islands  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 2.69 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved