Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 164 ]  [ Total: 164 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Nudism From a Man's Viewpoint
 I am fat, will I not be accepted?
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: first time and nervous! Topic Next Topic: Hairy or Shaved
Page: of 2

Mister Pappy

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  2:39:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Admin,

Thank you for the reprimand. If you will read above, you will see that I was responding to a reply by sailawaybob. Hijacking someone's thread would be a much more deliberate act than that.

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~Kahlil Gibran

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  01:34:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No problem. We've learned the hard way that it takes no more than that to take it way off track. I realize you weren't doing it intentionally.

It is our forum policy to provide consistently on-topic threads as a courtesy to our visitors.

The best way to ask an unrelated question is to start your new topic in an appropriate place, and direct the person you're asking to engage you there, preferably with a link. It's more work, but it's better for the forum, and the current topic can then continue.

And now... to segue back to the original topic, "I am fat, will I not be accepted?"

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  9:17:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by transparentman

I am 43 years old, and I got a lot of respiratory infection in the last couple of years, and I had to take steroids to keep my breathing while I was sick. The steroids made me gain a lot of weight, and It's not coming off, even though I exercise, and eat healthy.
Here is the question, should I not go to a resort because my body may offend others, and will other people not except me because I am fat, and will they make fun of me? I am 5'6" and about 270 lb.

The answer is both good and bad. It's good in that you will not be made fun of, guaranteed. The bad part is that you may be ignored, because other people will be concentrating on their own activities or own friends to pay attention to you. I felt quiet inert when I visited one resort, and you may run across that feeling too.

So, never fear, you will do fine. Enjoy the feeling of being nude, and let the others take care of their own problems. As you will see, there are many nudists with imperfections, and they will be worried about theirs more than yours.

"If people let government decide which foods they eat and medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson

Primm

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  1:03:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Primm a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The person first Honestly I got big for awhile And what Ive found that if you are not comfortable with your body There will be no difference clothed are unclothed First thing you have to do is find a way to feel good about you Thats important

Michael Primm

nev1au

Posted - 12/27/2010 :  3:21:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am in the same boat as you mate,bigger then I should be.Working on it though.I am about to give my first resort a go and yes I am wondering will they ringing greenpeace,lol.
But I figure if I keep putting it off then it will never happen.

FRank

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 12/28/2010 :  8:01:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
don't let your weight keep you going to a nudist resort/camp, you will be surprised when you get there that the model types won't be there. it will look something like neighborhood you left people of all shapes sizes and colors. one good thing when you get to the club and shed those clothes you will fill less binding. when i get home unless i have to go back outside i shed my clothes if it's cold i will only put on a t-shirt i want to be comfortable.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 12/31/2010 :  10:44:08 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I believe the most recent statistic is that 40% of Americans are now obese. Using that fact, it's easy to see that you will not stand out in any way at a nudist resort (or a grocery store, for that matter). As to whether others will embrace you and socialize (as someone mentioned) depends more on your personality and behavior than your weight.

david nichols
Forum Member

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  10:19:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
fat is amatter of opinion
what most women think is fat is in realality not fat but weight more than they want
i enjoy the overly skinny
and that is not fat but the reality of life women and men shold be healthy and full bodied not skinny so pooh with your fat ideas
it reallyt aint fat but big and BEAUTIFUL

tan_shaved_cut

Posted - 04/28/2013 :  12:39:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No need to worry friend... I'm chubby and have a small **** (when flaccid) and have not felt ashamed of my body in a long time. Being tan and hairless definitely gave me more confidence. Being circumcised is also a big plus (thanks Mom). I also have pierced nipples and recently got a Prince Albert... It's your body, own it.

Bianca1
Forum Member

Posted - 09/27/2013 :  11:29:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course you would be accepted, we come in all shapes, sizes, colors, wear our hair differently, some shave while others do not, so I hope no one ever feels inferior and afraid to go nude because of the way their body type is.

qbdave

Posted - 01/04/2014 :  12:26:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to agree that nudists are the most non judgmental people, nudism is for everyone that enjoys being nude

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 01/04/2014 :  1:08:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really think we need to be honest here. People that are "accepting, non judgmental, non bias, ..." are just those kinds of people. Just because a person becomes a "nudist" doesn't NOT automatically stop them from being "judgmental, bias, non accepting, unfriendly..."

To be honest ... you will meet ALL kinds of people within the nudist community; some will be quite friendly while others will or can be unfriendly, snobbish and cliquish. You will meet some that will be non judgmental and accepting of your body size but you'll also find those that think that the whole "body acceptance" thing is blown way outta proportion and there's TOO much body acceptance. Some nudists won't care one way or another.

We've seen it everywhere. We've seen it here! Simple, NON issues like shaving ones pubic hair can get people bantering back and forth. Body modifications are not accepted by everyone in the nudist community.

Nudists are NOT automatically accepting of anyone or everyone. Anyone that says that isn't being completely honest and though "they" may be and those they are friends with "may be", NOT ALL nudists are perfect, they are just normal people that prefer being nude.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Edited by - FireProf on 01/04/2014 1:10:03 PM

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 01/05/2014 :  12:10:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so true FireProf those snobs didn't change when they got nude and sat around the pool during summer at a nudist camp and you'll see the cliqs but you will see just as many friendly acceptable folks too, kinda like going to a company picnic. i actually enjoy going to the nudist camp during the middle of the week so much more laid back.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: first time and nervous! Topic Next Topic: Hairy or Shaved  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved