Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 478 ]  [ Total: 478 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Nudism - Supporting Family Values / Mental Health
 Introducing older teens to Naturism ??
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Raising a Nude Family Topic Next Topic: Children seeing nude erotic behavior
Page: of 4

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  6:43:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Steady,
Have you thought about having her big sis talk to her for you? Another idea is next summer have a family vacation to the little resort town where her sis was and hopefully will be working again. Being so close to the nude beaches would open lots of doors in the situation.

Most of all be consistent in your home life and don’t let the teen take control. I’m sure you will be getting more of those “smart a$$ comments” you had mentioned earlier, but that’s OK cause that’s what teens are best at anyway. LOL

She will come around.

Diger

Edited by - Diger on 11/18/2009 6:44:34 PM

nudistgrrl
Forum Member

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  9:52:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit nudistgrrl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
lol. i agree. and i hope she becomes more open minded. im 18 as is, so if you need help, just ask me! :)

<3 Anna

steady78
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  12:18:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First, welcome nudistgrrl, I hope you can enjoy this site as much as we have. Please add any ideas or thoughts you may have. We look forward to your input on this topic because of your age.
Diger, yes the smart comments are part of teen communication skills and in this case we've used them to open dialogue.
You must be reading our minds, we're planning a small trip next summer to Hornby Island here on the west coast of Canada (one of the best nude beaches in Canada). We're taking my parent's motor home and camping at the nearest campsite to the beach.
We've told the 15yr old about the trip and our plan to spend most of our time on the nude beach. So far she just thinks we're joking. We've told here she is welcome to come on the trip with us and that the beach is clothing optional. I'll let you know next summer what happens.
As for her sister talking to her. It seems they've talked about it but, her friends are her biggest influence. The 19yr old has now moved to Vancouver and does talk on the phone with her sister and mother regularly.

nudistgrrl
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  5:27:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit nudistgrrl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well, what kind of input were you looking for?
it really depends. like how to bring it up with her, or ways to get her to do it more.

ps, thanks! i hope so too!

<3 Anna

steady78
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  2:48:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nudistgrrl, as I've stated in this thread before we're not trying to get our daughters to join us in our nudist lifestyle (although that would be OK if they did). We just want to be naked around the house most of the time and have them accept seeing us comfortable in our own skin.
Seems like they need to get over the textile world's opinion that naked means sex. And maybe in the long run they'll build better self body images and confidence.

nudistgrrl
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  5:33:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit nudistgrrl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oooooh ok. well, if i can help, just let me know! :)

<3 Anna

steady78
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  5:44:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK nudistgrrl, how about you , do you have any friends who know about your enjoyment of being naked? And if so, are any of them openly negative about it to you and your other friends?
What have you done about it if and when you've encountered negativity?
What do you think we should do to help our girls relax about our naturism?

nudistgrrl
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  5:54:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit nudistgrrl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well, almost all of my friends know. a few have even got into the nudist/naturist lifestyle themselves.
only 2 of them hate nudity. i dont know why, but they just do.
ive asked them in a nice way why it bothered them, and let them answer and ask any questons they may have about it.
well, have you let them look at some websites/brochoures (spelling??)?
those might help.

<3 Anna

manufc
Forum Member

Posted - 11/29/2009 :  11:38:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am an 18 yo nudist and lately i have tried to be more open to new things and just be more open in general. i think if you introduce the idea of nudism to your children they will try it out... teenagers tend to be curious about new and interesting things!

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  10:03:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Teens may be curious about new things but they also think anything their parents are involved in is wierd.

Diger

steady78
Forum Member

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  8:33:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another update,
Yesterday two of my daughters, my wife and I attended my sister's wedding. It was held at my brother's home and we had a good time.
After the cerimony we were out on the back deck. One of my daughters was telling us about a flasher who got caught at her building. Well that brought the other daughter to smile and say to me that they had heard I was a nudist.
I just looked at her and said " yes we are and we enjoy it". She said that her youngest sister had been talking to my step daughter who told her about our nudity.
They asked a few questions and were fine with it.
It felt so good to be able to finally tell my own daughters about my love of this lifestyle after all these years of not being able to involve them in it, for fear of my ex using it against me in custody battles.
Now it looks like we may have all three of my step daugthers living with us for the summer. Well I'm glad we were upfront with them from the start about our nudity. Cause they know that there will be lots of nudity.

steady78
Forum Member

Posted - 09/29/2010 :  3:38:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
another update, well our summer is coming to an end and although it was shorter than usual we really enjoyed ourselves. We got to use the backyard naked alot.
We took two of my wifes girls to Hornby Island. They peferred the textiled beach and we joined them there but we also went to the nude Little Tribune beach. After a couple of days, while joining them on the textile beach they were asking alot of questions about the nude beach and we had a good conversation about it. Finally I said to them that we could walk around the point to the nude beach and have a look. They were worried they would have to take off thier clothes and I explained it is a C/O beach so they agreed to have a look. Well, on the way around the rocky point there was 3 girls and a boy (all between 10 and 14 years old) jumping off the rocks into the water. Our girls wanted to try that as well so we walked over. As we got there we found that one of the girls had her naked mother supervizing them. Our girls were uncomfortable at first but did thier jumps into the the water and we continued our walk to the C/O beach. We walked past a group of local women then past a group of younger male and female locals. We went back to the rocks and sat down and the girls commented that they were impressed with the very pleasant and layed back attitude all the people had and that they liked how it was less crowded. The older girl said she thought there would be all kinds of males gawking at the women but there was'nt any. They both said they might try it some day but were'nt ready yet.
Any way, last night we were having dinner and the girls were talking about an MTV program that involved a couple of guys streaking. My wife told the girls that she had streaked years ago. The 15 yr old then asked if streaking was the same as skinny dipping? I explained that streaking is done in front of crowds and skinny dipping is in private or in public. That is when she told us she had been skinny dippng a few times this summer and liked it alot.
We're making progress again :)

steady78
Forum Member

Posted - 06/18/2011 :  3:25:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, time for another update.
So summer is finally arriving, and I haven't had to wear clothes in the yard once yet.
We have just my 16 year old stepdaughter living with us now and she's relaxed her opinion on our nudity. She sees both of naked from time to time and does'nt give it a second thought.
I enjoy my naked mornings and evenings and when she's at school or out with friends I'm naked and in warm weather my wife joins me.
We told some of the kids about our nude vacation we have planned for November in Honduras and they just said they thought it was cool that we are so comfortable being naked socially.
One of my stepdaughters is turning 21 yrs old next week. She's decided to have familly and a couple of friends over to her place to celebrate. The catch is that you have to wear what ever you're wearing when she phones to invite you. My wife joked with her that she should be careful when she calls to invite us as we might be naked LOL.
Yes, there has been some compromises but, our nudism gets no more than a passing coment from any of our kids these days so I'm loving our life.

Carmen34
Forum Member

Posted - 06/18/2011 :  6:32:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Carmen34 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My two cents, from my experience (raised nudist, raising my family nudist, and activist in the scene for some time):

Raising teens as nudist is almost impossible, for some of the reasons you cited here. I have found that if they are not raised that way from birth, it is VERY difficult because their psychology at that age is to question their parents, and adults, almost reflexively. Introducing adults, or young adults, to nudism requires an open mind. While it's temporary, young people at that age do have a temporary "closing" of their mind when it comes to things proposed by adults. So until they get older, it's very difficult.

But that's just been my experience on the matter. Fortunately, I haven't had to address it personally, since as I said, I was raised this way from birth, and raised my girls this way as well.

Anything that can be done, can be done better while nude.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 06/22/2011 :  10:55:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
even raising them as nudist from early childhood isn't a guarantee that they will continue as nudist. when my two boys reached their teen they were pretty much done with nudism and so were most of the kids they grew up with at the club with a few exceptions. it is great when a teen can become a nudist because it fills the gap of those who leave. i would always like to think if i was given the opportunity as a teen i would have jumped at it to be a nudist than. steady78 sounds like it may happen and i think if you return to the nude beach and you and your wife set the example the teens may follow.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Raising a Nude Family Topic Next Topic: Children seeing nude erotic behavior  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.21 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved