Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 458 ]  [ Total: 458 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 To Bring a Camera Or Not?
 Should I bring a camera to a nude beach?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Bad memory Topic Next Topic: camera etiquette
Page: of 14

Bare in the Desert
Forum Member

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  01:19:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tip FireProf!

We're going back near the end of May/early June. Is Allen there only on certain days or anything? I will definately look for him, would love to have a picture of my girlfriend and I in front of the ocean.

What about toward the ocean, as long as no else was around where the camera was being pointed? Would that cause us to be watched just having the camera out?

Dare to be Bare
http://members.cox.net/freedomaz01

nurserobin
Forum Member

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  07:47:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having experienced so many cases of sleazy people taking pictures either sneakily or outright rudely - I am more than likely to be suspicious of anyone with a camera at the beach...

Bart_Hicks
Forum Member

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  1:42:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The nudist beaches I go to do not allow taking pictures.

And I honestly feel much better.

smendes
Forum Member

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  6:40:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont see what all the fuss is about... if we are proudly displaying our nudism in public for others to see... why all the camera shyness ??

it just doesnt add up...

the illegal, unofficial nudist beach I frequented (see my other posts) was on the edge of swampland... so there was thick jungle bordering most of the beach... the glint of light reflected from the camera lenses of the many would-be photographers perched in the trees or hiding in the bushes gave away their positions... but nobody seemed bothered...

I was quite amused actually... to think that they would hole up in there... in sweltering heat with the ants and mosquitos in a silly attempt to "hide" their cameras from us.

more than once I stuck out my tongue... or gave a lewd pose... just for the fun of it...

I remember on one occasion, I strode purposely towards the bush where one fella was hiding...

I dont know what he thought I was going to do to him.... but he came out of that bush in a hurry and lumbered away as fast as he could dropping bits and pieces as he went...

one of my friends thought it was hilarious... he couldnt stop laughing.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  10:16:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
smendes, I don't go to nudist venue to display my nakedness. I go to relax, de-stress, to enjoy my life w/o clothing. I don't want to worry about anyone taking photos of me of which I don't approve. It's been done, I've had a video in which I was clothed, edited to remove me.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  10:55:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bare in the Desert

Thanks for the tip FireProf!

We're going back near the end of May/early June. Is Allen there only on certain days or anything? I will definately look for him, would love to have a picture of my girlfriend and I in front of the ocean.

What about toward the ocean, as long as no else was around where the camera was being pointed? Would that cause us to be watched just having the camera out?

Dare to be Bare

Weekends are better for us during that time of the year cuz the Prof is still teaching, if you ever want company.

Allen is there quite a bit but never any real set schedule. If he's off, and the weather's nice, he's there.

In all honesty, if no one is around you and you and your girlfriend are alone, who's gonna know or care if you take pictures of each other.

On the other hand, if there's lots of people on the beach, best to be safe than sorry and head for an area without any people or find Allen, or us and he or we will tell you were your best bet is for taking a picture.

Edited by - FireProf on 01/27/2006 10:56:32 PM

smendes
Forum Member

Posted - 01/28/2006 :  1:20:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I enjoy my life without clothing as much as anyone else in here

but the more I read the less inclined I would be to ever visit a nudist venue

How can you make friends in an environment like that ?

Where... if you look at people too hard they get uncomfortable and if you approach them to talk they suspect your motives..

in spite of all arguments to the contrary.. it sounds like everybody is quite self-concious...

and...

Then there is the age problem.... NO YOUNG PEOPLE.... or maybe only families with small children...

but I can well understand why, from what I have read in here, TEENAGERS would not like an environment like that...

when they start to enjoy themselves... their behaviour would be frowned upon and disapproved of, and I am not talking only about sexual behaviour... because teenagers enjoy themselves in all sorts of ways... even by mocking (or making fun of) adults...

the aged and de-stressing crowd could not cope with their antics or noise levels

I know what I am talking about... I spend my life around teenagers... to the point where I instinctively behave like one.

I dont know what sort of teenagers go to nudist resorts ..... but they surely cant be anything like the ones I know.

Bare in the Desert
Forum Member

Posted - 01/28/2006 :  11:27:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks FireProf, we will most likely be there on the weekend as well. Same situation, gotta work. I'll bring the camera and see how it goes. Sounds like common sense is the key. I'll let ya know before we go to see if you get a chance to get out there too.

Dare to be Bare

Bare in the Desert
Forum Member

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  12:02:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Smendes,
Try not to feel to down about nudism. It doesn't seem to be quite the same at resorts. People have there guard down much more in a controlled environment and are nicer that people I encounter anywhere else. I was approached by several people and had lots of great conversations with those I just met at my resort experience. Out on a public beach you just can't be too careful so people are cautious of new faces. It may take a little longer to meet others in that situation but not impossible. I do understand the camera issue, wouldn't want my picture on someone elses website either.

As for teen... Teenagers are allowed to have fun as well. When I was at the nude beach there was a game of volleyball going on, they were not quite, which is normal and no one had a problem with it. Teens will sometime choose to be disrespectful, some more that other, I find it hard to believe anyone would find that behavior acceptable in any venue, clothed or not.

Keep your head up Smendes, its not as bad as it sounds.

Dare to be Bare

smendes
Forum Member

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  12:16:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you "bare in the desert"

well I just have to find out what its really like... so I will go... just for the experience

you all seem quite friendly in here

I read some posts (acouple and others) that suggested to me that very few young people are into nudism which is why I made the other post

Bart_Hicks
Forum Member

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  1:51:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smendes

I dont see what all the fuss is about... if we are proudly displaying our nudism in public for others to see... why all the camera shyness ??

it just doesnt add up...

Well, in an ideal world it wouldn't, you're absolutely right. But unfortunately this is not.

Therefore I don't want any pictures of me or my friends on Internet or in anybody's private collection without my consent.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  2:02:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i agree with most everyone in here about cameras: yes, you should ask first of course, but i also agree with smendes too, in that you go to the (usually) public beach to relax..whether you are nude or in a bikini, people go to the beach to play, have fun, de-stress, and hang out/see/meet others..so you just gotta relax and not worry about it..in society there will ALWAYS be something you dont agree with, or that you feel is imposing on your rights..whether its some guy sown the way embareassing himself by obviously gawking, or the president of your country..i guess what i'm saying is you gotta choose your battles.. personally i enjoy being seen or photographed, and of course i would appreaciate a heads up about it so i can make it worth your while =) and as for this paranoia about our pic ending up on the net, we needn't flatter ourselves..its generally the exception rather than the rule..which reminds me of a parallel paranoia..but you'd think nudists would be more pronoiac than anything..go figure

~Peter~

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  07:49:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nurserobin

Having experienced so many cases of sleazy people taking pictures either sneakily or outright rudely - I am more than likely to be suspicious of anyone with a camera at the beach...

I agree, however, someone who is more upfront about having the camera and treating others with respect (making sure they are out of the shot, etc) are much less likely to have bad motives.

quote:
Originally posted by nurserobin
we needn't flatter ourselves..its generally the exception rather than the rule..which reminds me of a parallel paranoia..but you'd think nudists would be more pronoiac than anything..go figure

I have no grand illusions for myself... I am male, somewhat overweight, etc. On the other hand, I don't generally post images of myself, clothed or otherwise. Spouse and children, however are more in danger I would suspect, that is why I empathize with nurserobin and cheri

Elrin
Forum Member

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  5:37:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I go on vacation, I take an average of about 100 photos per day, so I guess you could say I like taking pictures of my travels.

However, pictures on the beach? Nah - my camera is way too expensive to risk it getting wet or full of sand anyways... I think so far I have only taken two pictures on a beach when me and my wife unexpectedly wandered there. We were fully clothed, and had no beach gear. I snapped a pic of her looking for nice pebbles and another of the nice building with good architecture overlooking the beach.

I also like to post the best pictures I take on my website to share with friends and family, so many tend to end up on the internet too. Of course, I try to keep portrait-like pictures of strangers off the website unless I asked them. But when they're part of the greater scenery, I'll usually snap away - and 99.9% of people really don't even blink twice about it in clothed environments.

Now I probably would like to take a small inexpensive camera to a beach - nude or not (I'll have a small one soon). Are you guys serious about release forms? Now to be honest, I'd probably not be interested in taking pictures of anyone else than of us, but the paranoia required even for that seems like a real pain-in-the-neck. It would spoil the whole experience, so I guess I'll probably not bother anyways. It is a shame though that I might miss out on some nice non-people photographs (close-up of a flower, sunset, seascape)...

smendes
Forum Member

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  11:19:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well Elrin... you dont have to "miss out" on anything...

you carry that camera... and you take what photos you want...

you sound like a nice person who doesnt want to upset anybody... thats good... people will sense that...

so dont let your own timidity spoil a terrific vacation.... snap those memories... or they will be lost forever.

Page: of 14 Previous Topic: Bad memory Topic Next Topic: camera etiquette  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved