Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 143 ]  [ Total: 143 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 To Bring a Camera Or Not?
 Should I bring a camera to a nude beach?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Bad memory Topic Next Topic: camera etiquette
Page: of 14

jimbo49sc

Posted - 01/01/2005 :  4:39:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am very, very new to public nudism and this forum and am thankful for the comments here. I recently had my first experience at Haulover, and although I took my camera I never felt comfortable taking it out and taking any pictures, even of the surf, the Cigarette boats in the surf, or the many aircraft that buzz the beach (you can be sure there are cameras in come of those!). Bottom line is, I wish I had taken a picture or had a picture taken of me to help remember that wonderful day. I think the secret is to find a "beach buddy" to go along if you are alone so you have someone to help with pictures, lotion on your back, etc.

sylvia

Posted - 01/13/2005 :  10:41:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read today that another person has been charged with offensive behaviour for using a phone-camera to take pictures of topless women on a beach in NSW.

Note that in the previous case, the accused pleaded guilty, so the question of whether his actions were unlawful was not tested. It is also possible that it's only unlawful to take the pictures covertly, as for example by using a phone-camera while pretending to use it as a phone.

I got photographed on Cobblers beach by someone who was sitting at the top of the grassy area fully clothed. I've since realise that he's a beach regular who does indeed participate in nudity. I can't help feeling he should have known better.

Sylvia.

EuroTim
Forum Member

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  02:50:50 AM  Show Profile  Click to see EuroTim's MSN Messenger address  Send EuroTim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I always take my camera to the beach with me. And since I usually go with friends, we take pictures of our group. I would feel very uncomfortable taking pictures of people who didn't know I was doing it, however I have been asked by people with a camera to take their picture; just as happens in any tourist location.
Here it Italy there have been several cases now, where pictures were clandestinely taken with a cell phone. This is becoming increasingly frowned upon and actually banned in some areas. Since nude beaches are extremely rare here, to my knowledge there hasn't yet been a case concerning clandestine nude photos. Sooner or later there will be one and that should help this problem.
One person said he had no problem with his picture being taken and neither do I, just ask me first.

Landsick1

Posted - 05/15/2005 :  11:22:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Landsick1 an AOL message  Send Landsick1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Of course, digital camersa solve the developing problem. We always bring the camera for our personal photos and never take pics of others unless asked.

breadmanpaul

Posted - 05/29/2005 :  05:03:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been photographed while nude. I didn't care. I can understand that others might, but don't personally see what the big deal is.

People like to take pictures of themselves while on vacation. Being naked doesn't change that.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 05/29/2005 :  3:18:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We can only hope (and work) for the day when the entire issue of non-sexual public nudity becomes irrelevant. People's furtive fascination with a glimpse (or a photograph) of an unclothed body frankly strikes me as pathological. To disguise and deny what we are is not my definition of sanity. I'll take my camera, and use it respectfully, knowing that mine is not the majority opinion.

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  7:23:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I were at our fav. spot here in New England last Sunday. As we were laying on the beach and enjoying the great New England weather, my wife noticed that quite a few people were on their "cell phones".

Cell phones now have cameras, and it it seemed some of the "single gentlemen" were using them.

My question to everyone is, "Could they be taking pictures that you are not informed about." How would you like to have your picture showing up somewhere on the internet.

Upon arriving home we E Mailed the assoc. and asked what they are going to do about this situation.

How does everyone feel about this particular problem.

Cookie
How you

EuroTim
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  05:03:04 AM  Show Profile  Click to see EuroTim's MSN Messenger address  Send EuroTim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cookie

Upon arriving home we E Mailed the assoc. and asked what they are going to do about this situation.

How does everyone feel about this particular problem.

Cookie
How you

Would it be possible for some/all national/international naturist/nudist organizations to publish a beach photo etichette statement? Then it could be printed on small cards which could be discreetly given to people on the beach who seem to be using photophones or cameras inappropriately. The presence of the organizations emblem or logo would help distance the person presenting the card from the event. Danger of a very negative reaction?
Just an idea which might help this problem.
If you have read my previous post, you know that I take a camera to the beach with me, but it is not used to take pictures of people unaware.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  11:29:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many nudist parks are now banning photo-taking phones. I like that step. On a public beach, people on phones should possibly be approached to confirm that they are not taking photos the same as with an actual camera.

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

newbi
Forum Member

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  7:01:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow there are some alsome topics here. i always take my camera with me to the national seashore (playalinda/apollo) but have never taken it on to the beach. i usualy take a bounch of wildlife photos throughout the national park, but figured it would be kind of odd looking if i took the camera onto the beach. if someone asked me to take their photo i would ( age dependent ... safty first ) i do a lot of photography and i think if i did take my camera into the nudist aria it would not be a problem if i followed the simple etichette. you always when humanly possable get the subjects permission to take their picture.

smendes
Forum Member

Posted - 01/24/2006 :  9:58:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
most cell phone cameras take poor quality photos... so people must really be desperate.

newbi
Forum Member

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  9:46:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am an armature photographer. the local nude beach i go to is at a wildlife park. so my camera is always with me. however when i venture to the nude beach, the camera stays in the car. it is not that i am opposed to nude photography it is simply that i am there to relax, and figure everyone is of the same mind. besides any time i take a photo of anyone i have them sign a release form (clothed or not) and frankly i wouldn't want to spend half my day at the beach toting around forms. if you want to take photos of ur own family or group that's cool and understandable. I'd even take them for you ( so long as its with your camera). but in general if you just want pictures of the landscape, i would stick to the clothed beaches

smendes
Forum Member

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  12:35:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A wide angle shot that includes enough people and scenery is yours for the taking... you only need your release forms for individual photos.. but I read you loud and clear you are just relaxing and de-stressing.

I have never used a release form in my life... maybe I like to live dangerously ?

I'll stay on my island... they might try to commit me to an institution if I go anyplace else.

Edited by - Moderator on 01/26/2006 09:33:17 AM

Bare in the Desert
Forum Member

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  2:26:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We went to San Onofre last year, it was our first trip to a c/o beach. We had a camera with us but were so affraid of upsetting someone that we only took about 2 pictures and we made sure the camera was obviously on one of us and we kept the lens toward the water cuz everyone was pretty much up on the beach that day. I wish we could have took more pictures of us, like to keep the momories.

Dare to be Bare
http://members.cox.net/freedomaz01

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  11:46:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
B in the D,

Wish we could have been there for you to assist you with your pictures. As a regular at San O., we keep an eye out for those voyeurs trying to get shots to post on the internet and also see many couples, such as yourself, wanting to take pictures but are aware they are being watched.

I've often thought that my wife and I should post a sign by our chairs that states, "want your picture taken, ask us." There is usually a guy there sitting under a blue flag. He's, Allen, the President of the Friends of San Onofre Beach. If you ever go again and see the flag, he's usually sitting under it or walking the beach handing out flyers. Ask him, he'd be happy to take pictures of you both together.

The other thing you could do is travel down the beach a ways, away from the crowds and take pictures down the beach. Be aware that you may still be watched and if the regulars feel you are taking sexually explicit photos, you'll probably be watched even closer upon your return to blanket.

Take care. Maybe meet you there someday.

FP

Page: of 14 Previous Topic: Bad memory Topic Next Topic: camera etiquette  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved