Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 467 ]  [ Total: 467 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 To Bring a Camera Or Not?
 Should I bring a camera to a nude beach?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Bad memory Topic Next Topic: camera etiquette
Page: of 14

ultrahd
Forum Member

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  10:40:21 AM  Show Profile  Send ultrahd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i always bring a camera when on vacation,so at a nude beach is no different.i will get pics of the beach,myself ect...i dont take pics of others unless the agree,last time at beach a group a young ladies ask if they could get me in a pic,this was thier first time at a nude beach,i agreed,we had fun getting pics of each other,and with them,

Naturist.Rich
Forum Member

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  02:23:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My advise is to bring it with you in a bag and then find out what the local policy is. I know at Haulover Beach, photos of people you don't know are discouraged unless you first ask. I was just there and many people had cameras, but they took pictures of themselves, their friends or they had the regulars take photos of them at angles or distances where individuals in the background could not be made out. Just ask before you start shooting and you should be fine!

Edited by - Naturist.Rich on 07/03/2008 02:25:09 AM

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 09/14/2008 :  10:15:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We always take our camera with us, just use some comon sense. My avatar was taken by another couple we asked to take a photo of us. They were very friendly and more than happy to take the photo for us.

Diger

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  02:27:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always take a camera with me, you will alway want photos to look back on, be respectful of others privacy though, like Diger I have asked others to take picture for me, one trip a textile Black couple taking photos at the end of the beach asked me to snap a couple picture for them, needless to say I must have taken close to a dozen then they wanted a picture of me to show that they had been to a real nude beach, as they were leaving later in the day they stopped and talked for about 10 minutes about nudism, of course I encouraged them to return and try it nude, I hope they did.

msmykonos
Forum Member

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  5:24:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes take a camera and take pictures. i lost track how many times i was in the background of someone elses photo or video camera. if people are worried about being in a photo then they probably shouldn't be there. there are secluded private spots, one can't expect total privacy and yet lay out in a beach in the center of it all. the truth is the people are there because there are other people there.

hernandocpl
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  10:21:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
please take your camera with you to the beach, your last pic might be of me swinging my golf club just before it hits you! :)

Live love and have fun

Teva
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  11:59:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be at Haulover this next week and will take a photo. It's a family gathering for us as well as meeting with long-time other Floridians.
Teva

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 04/05/2009 :  8:04:51 PM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The potential for abuse here is that people will and do go to nude beaches with a camera specifically to take pictures of strangers and post them on a paysite without permission.

Anyway, cameras are intrusive to my own memories. I like to remember things the way I remember them-- not necessarily the way they happened. Sometimes looking at a picture of an event can cheapen it in retrospect.

Nudesuncpl
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  11:18:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We always take a camera to nude beaches and resorts to photograph ourselves and our friends. Sometime we ask folks to take photos of us with our camera, and sometimes they take one or two with their own camera. We've never had a problem with it, so long as everybody agrees in advance.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  5:06:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You might want to avoid setting up a tripod right next to the person whose picture you want desperately to take. Things like large light reflectors, several production crew members, a gas-powered electric generator to run the lighting system won't go over too well for those spontaneous photos of other people whose permission you don't have.

In all seriousness, if you're at a nude beach, unless you have the explicit permission to take nude photos of others, don't use your camera. Use the camera for natural scenery and for people in your own family or party. Use common sense and politeness. People don't go to the beach to have their photo taken by strangers.

How far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without?
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Friesbaconnekkid

Posted - 09/13/2011 :  09:40:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been photographed by friends, and others I do not know at naturist gatherings. It doesn't bother me what they may do with the pictures. I like being nude, and am not ashamed or afraid to have others see me. I have been nude with most of my friends at one time or another, so it is no big deal if they may see them. My family know I'm a nudist, as is my sister, so once again no big deal. If people were not so uptight, they may find that if their pictures are seen by friends and family, they may not be nearly as judgmental as some assume they would be.

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 09/13/2011 :  1:19:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some 15 years ago I was at a hot spring in NM and noticed some guy way off in the woods with a long lens taking photos. I smiled and waved at him. He left.

Since the advent of ubiquitous cell phone cams this question is almost moot. Probably the majority of people at any nude beach or venue has a cell phone that is fully capable of taking still or motion pictures. In addition, when you see someone talking or texting on their cell phone, you do not know if they are also taking photos or videos. A lot of people are just talking. Some people can't go an hour without sending a twit, or reading the latest twits. Most of the people at the beach or nude venue have their phone/cam/videoplayer device.

This is really a moot question since 2010, made moot by technology.

Forum Member

Posted - 10/01/2011 :  5:01:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit 77777's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My girlfriend and I have had several nice experiences asking strangers we didn't know to take photos of us together with my camera. No one ever declined, and we have lots of great images to remember our time together enjoying our favorite nude beach.

As always, common sense should prevail and common courtesy to me is that no one should take photos of someone they don't know without asking first, especially at a nude beach. Some of us have employers and family members who are not thrilled with public or social nudity, so we do need to maintain some discretion.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 10/01/2011 :  10:03:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hey 7s,

I agree with you 100%, but I've found common sense, isn't so common anymore. LOL

Diger

n/a
deleted

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  11:19:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I live in tahoe so you pretty much always have a camera in your backpack, I took mine with me to the nude beach I never used it to take photos of anyone I only asked a nice woman I met there if she would take a couple photos of me of course she said yes as long as there were no others in background, so we took 2 of me on beach and one of me up at trail head where nude sign is, she got dressed as she was on her way out when we took the photo at the sign. Plus she told me she was more a skinnydipper than a nudist.

Page: of 14 Previous Topic: Bad memory Topic Next Topic: camera etiquette  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.4 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved