Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 242 ]  [ Total: 242 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Society And Culture: Nudism Around The World
 Religion And Nudism
 Are Nudism and Sin Related? (continued ...)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: What is the relation between religion and nudism? Topic Next Topic: Southern California Buddhists Meeting
Page: of 4

PapaShug
Forum Member

Posted - 07/20/2004 :  5:52:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the relationship between breathing and sin will precede any relationship between nudity and sin.

Ned Adams
Forum Member

Posted - 07/21/2004 :  06:17:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not sure what you mean by nudity = sex. It is very true that a major message of the old testament is to be virtuous and those who were not virtuous vere nude. But virtuous people could also be nude. Some writers had stated that workers in fields were nude because of the heat. Ruth was a gleaner in the fields and I assume that she was portrayed as being virtuous. Was she nude in the field? If so, I would not equate it with sex. Just as now, I believe that one could be nude then and still be virtuous, but unfortunately, most were not virtuous. Do you agree?

quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

If you back to the original of the Old Testament, nudity = sex.

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

natman55
Forum Member

Posted - 07/21/2004 :  1:56:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri,

Yesterday's post was a bit hasty, so I took a little time to re-explore the Old Testament to see if I could find what you were talking about.

I did find an area of Leviticus that refers several times to "exposing the nakedness" of someone.
At first glance one could easily think that this is mere nakedness, but all the commentaries pointed out that that phrase refers to "sexual relations as in marriage" or "takin in marriage".

All of the other references referred more to deprivation of protection or clothing.

I even tripped onto a verse I hadn't encountered before in 1Sam 19 indicating that David prophesied naked "all that day and all that night".

Another point to ponder is that God commanded Moses to remove his sandals before he approached Him. I think God knows we are more humble when we are as naked as when we were made.

These are the Hebrew words I found for "naked" and "nakedness"
ma`arom - naked
`uwr - naked
`eyrom - naked
`arowm - naked
`eryah - naked
para` - naked
ma`owr - nakedness
ma`ar - nakedness
`eyrom - nakedness
`ervah - nakedness

Sincerely,
Nat

"Be Naked but don't Sin."

ToAsTeD
Forum Member

Posted - 12/22/2006 :  11:45:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This thread died out over 2 years ago!

Let's bring it back!

Any takers?

(We need to get a really good discussion going in the Forum... somewhere!)

-ToAsTeD

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  6:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I'm bringing this thread back to life. Ideas don't have dates and times. They always exist.

Are Nudism and Sin Related? Sin originates in one's heart. Clothing or lack of it has no bearing on sin. Look how much sin is committed by people who wear clothing. I would venture to say that our prison systems are filled with criminals who committed their crimes while wearing clothing.

As for the theological angle to nudism, it all depends on what you do with nudism, or when you are nude. Do you offend people when you are nude? Do you steal from other people, hurt them, violate them in some way? If not, then nudism is not a sin, nor does it promote sin. To me, nudism is nothing as far as a factor is concerned. I'm just as polite and respectful in clothing as I am out of my clothing.

God sees my heart and head, not your or my clothing.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

n/a
deleted

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  7:17:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Couldn't you bring back to life one that doesn't involve religion??? lol

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  9:39:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Actually religion is an integral part of this thread. My point in this one is that Christianity supports nudism. The restoration of the Garden of Eden sounds good to me.

cony
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  08:26:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warmskin

Actually religion is an integral part of this thread. My point in this one is that Christianity supports nudism. The restoration of the Garden of Eden sounds good to me.

Unfortunately in my opinion, and I do not wish to insult anyone or their beliefs, but I think that religion has a lot to answer for in the demonising of nude life. The 'modern' translations and interpretations of the texts in the bible were taken from a 'modern' perspective and not that of the time they originated. Don't forget that the bible we know of today really only took it's present form in the 5th Century, following a meeting of the priests/bishops/leaders of the time who decided what was to be included and what not!

Cony

ps. modern does not mean this or the previous century

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  3:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting point, Cony. I guess I see the other side of this coin, wherein, secular, social values have directed the manner of dress and undress. I am still trying to find a religious teaching (in Christianity, anyway) that says nudity and sin are linked together.

If you want to sin, you can do that with your clothes on, and I think sinning would most likey be committed by textile people. What danger would one face from a nudist?

I think that nudism promotes peaceful behavior, makes us feel wonderfully vulnerable, and makes us more civil. I have never heard of a nude suicide-squad in the military.

Religion can help if it focuses on man's relationship with God, and not on what we should or should not wear. Clothes offer no protection in spiritual manners.

If nudism takes more root in America, it will not be because Christianity (I am not knowledgeable to speak for other religions)succumbed to it. It will be because the social, secular conditions have become more human and free.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  5:24:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*What danger would one face from a nudist?*

They could spray you with their secret, double-ought spy sunscreen ...

FlCpl4NewdFun
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  6:09:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warmskin

If you want to sin, you can do that with your clothes on, and I think sinning would most likey be committed by textile people. What danger would one face from a nudist?

Hold-up there Warmskin. You are inappropriately putting nudists on a pedestal and dangerously approaching the realm of the "elitist nudist". I'm quite sure Nudists are equally as likely to Sin as the next person (in the traditional sense that is). As far as the danger goes, I suspect that would be dependent on the nudist in question. Surely you've seen a few episodes of the show "Cops." Nothing like too much cheap beer and a TV crew to bring out one's inner nudist.

Remember, as a population we're just like everybody else, no better no worse. Further, you are also linking Sin with secular criminal behavior, when in fact the two are not related and have nothing to do with one another.

Most Christian teaching would define Sin as the seeking of our own will instead of the will of God. Which really has nothing to do with human law or nudity. As you know, perpetual Sin and our human inability to resist it is the entire basis of Christianity (do not confuse with entire "purpose", I said "basis"). Everyone's a sinner by definition, thus we need salvation brought to us by Jesus dying on the cross, yada, yada, yada. (actually a little more complex and mysterious than that but you get the point). I don't remember hearing about an exception for nudists.

I think the question "are nudists less likely to commit crimes?" is what you are really talking about. In that case, religion can be removed from the equation all together. Although, not sure if the answer would be any different.

I hope nobody views this post as an attack on people of faith because it is not, I'd like to think it's actually an affirmation of it's universal equality.

Cheers!

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  7:35:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi FlCpl4NewdFun,

I didn't mean to put anybody up on a pedestal, Sorry if I did that. I am merely thinking that people who harm others -- burglary, killing, theft, etc., are usually not nude when they do that soft of thing. As for adultery, and the more personal sinning, you might be correct. It's just that in my experience, all the worst things done to me were done by people who I would have a hard time imagining at a nudist resort. That may be more of an intutional viewpoint. I figure that a nudist doesn't operate, except out in the open.

I am not taking into consideration things like white collar crimes and the like. When I think of obvious and frequest sins, I think of violations of other people. Since nudists are checked for the backgrounds before they can be a resort member, or even visit a resort, depending, there is an extra measure that at least they do not have major criminal backgrounds.

Perhaps, I am clumsily trying to say is that when people are nude, as in the case of nudists, it seems less likely that most of the sins they can commit, save for family problems, are not likely because of their state of nudity. Maybe you can extract the meaning of my ramblings today. If you can, you're ahead of the pack!!

As for the main topic, I don't see that nudity leads to sin, in the most general definintion. Only a foul heart can do that, clothed or unclothed.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  01:38:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by honeysuckle

*What danger would one face from a nudist?*

They could spray you with their secret, double-ought spy sunscreen ...

Hehehe, Carole. Very clever quip!! I used those words because I stole them from John Dryden of the 1600s. It was from "King Arthur," a semi-opera, also in the 1600s, wherein a scene depicted water-nymphs were encoutered by a man (possibly King Arthur-- can't precisely recall the libretto). They tried to pursuade the king to join them, stating what could he fear from a naked foe? That sentence did get me to think. The only weapon the nymphs had was their mind and body. That would be a powerful foe, but free-spirited ones, at that.

If I were King Arthur, I would have joined the lovely ladies in the water, but might would kept my eye open for trickery, even a double barreled spray bottle of suntan lotion!!

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." James Madison

n/a
deleted

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  08:34:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like your idea of restoring the Garden of Eden :)

HannahB
Forum Member

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  10:47:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit HannahB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by honeysuckle

I like your idea of restoring the Garden of Eden :)

Well OF COURSE you would like restore the Garden of Eden [wink, wink] :)

I don't want to go to far down the religion road here (something tells me I will be attacked if I do), but I must add that I totally agree that all of us are capable of sin, and that yes, that is a crucial corner stone of Christianity.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: What is the relation between religion and nudism? Topic Next Topic: Southern California Buddhists Meeting  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.18 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved