Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 196 ]  [ Total: 196 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 The Fear of the Photo
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Avatar Images, What does yours say about You??? Topic Next Topic: Nude Calenders
Page: of 2

McNigel
Forum Member

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  08:56:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In lots of topics there seems to be a recurring theme of being photographed while naked, to the point where there are threats of violence against those that might do such a thing.
I just totally fail to see the problem. If you are in a public place then surely you are there for all to see.

My wife and I are both professionals with good jobs and fairly high public profiles (school governors, councilors etc), but couldn't care less if anybody feels the need to take a sneaky photo of us and sell for use in a holiday brochure.

And if somebody does stumble across you on the web, the normal reaction seems to be 'I wish I was brave enough to do that'. (After they stop giggling)

So why is it such a issue?

nude charles
Forum Member

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  10:43:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jobs can definitely be at risk.

Rodders
Forum Member

Posted - 02/21/2009 :  08:40:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
People are on public beaches and although taking pictures of strangers is a pretty rude thing to do it may well happen. The real chances of being recognised however are really very slim and someone you know might say something like "I saw a picture of someone who looks just like you!" The definition and lens quality of cell phones is just not that great despite the blurb(plastic lenses + shake etc.) I know it's easy for me to say but should naturists really be so comcerned about their bodies being captured by a stray camera? Not happened much to me but then I am a pretty ugly guy!

Rod

olwino1
Forum Member

Posted - 02/21/2009 :  09:10:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's easy for me to see a major corporation and the HR dept. making an issue out of a nude photo . I think the question would be are we doing anything illegal ? In most cases we are not . Now having said that... and back to the HR dept., You may not lose your job but that promotion you were hopeing for could be history . I also would have to believe that it also depends on your actual position with the company . Do you work on the loading dock or are you a the CEO with major public responibilities ? Given a choice I think it is best to avoid a non friendly photo .

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 02/21/2009 :  2:23:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it very much depends on where you live and what position you hold of course a lot of it is in the mind of the person. Our fear of being found out is often greater than the actual event.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

making

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  09:54:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two words, "career killer".

DaffyTaffy2
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  10:05:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its called respect i was raised that u ask first 2 have a pic taken. U don't just take one! NOT COOL! respect of personal privacy n all! If i want u 2 have a nude of me i'll send u one nut don't sneak around like a troll under a bridge! Professionals we all should be and respectfull of each other! I don't cvare who knows I am nudist! I shout it from the roof tops! Damb I was born in my Bday suit and am gonna go out in it!

Skinny Women are not Evil

Anniebare
Forum Member

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  3:13:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Anniebare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I can only remember one time on a clothing-optional beach when I saw a guy taking pictures without permission. He had an expensive-looking camera with a telephoto lens and was taking pictures of women only. I remember thinking it was rather rude and covered myself with a towel to avoid his interest.

I don't recall anyone on the beach asking him to stop, which was a bummer. Normally that sort of thing is not tolerated.

Of course that doesn't count all the guys I've seen walk closely past me while "talking" on their cell phones. They could have been taking pictures while pretending to be on the phone.

I just figure that's part of the risk you take being nude in public and don't let it bother me. I suppose if it happened EVERY time I went to the beach, I'd think twice about going back. But really, how can you tell these days?

Annie

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2009 :  02:34:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was musing about the Greek word for -- fear of the photo. Photophobia? I'll have to check on that, as soon I get some time away from this habit forming forum.

"'Tis our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world."

George Washington

Mike2Nude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2009 :  6:06:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by McNigel

In lots of topics there seems to be a recurring theme of being photographed while naked, to the point where there are threats of violence against those that might do such a thing.
I just totally fail to see the problem. If you are in a public place then surely you are there for all to see.

My wife and I are both professionals with good jobs and fairly high public profiles (school governors, councilors etc), but couldn't care less if anybody feels the need to take a sneaky photo of us and sell for use in a holiday brochure.

And if somebody does stumble across you on the web, the normal reaction seems to be 'I wish I was brave enough to do that'. (After they stop giggling)

Ah, that would be one of the differences between the UK and the USA. Here in the USA, if you're employeed by a school, you might consider shower with clothes on (a little overkill). For some reason, nakedness seems to upset people more here. So sad.

I had so much fun in 08, I'm doing it again. Please support me and MS in my MS Bike Ride on Sept 19, 2009.
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/INIBikeEvents?px=5356537&pg=personal&fr_id=10960

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2009 :  8:30:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This subject has fascinated me for quite a while, probably because there doesn't seem to be much logic in the discussion. I am totally mystified by those of us who are concerned about being seen or photographed by some "outsider". How can it possibly matter who may look (or even gawk) at you when you don't have clothes on. OK, that is pretty rude behavior, but morons can be found almost everywhere; they're easily ignored.

I will grant that there is some potential for someone's reputation to suffer if their nude photos are circulated, but how often has that happened? You often hear of people getting into trouble because of illicit sexual activity, but I've never heard of a case where someone was ostracized because they were simply nude. If it were to happen the unfortunate aspect of it would be that our society's ridiculous position on nudity made it possible.

I think we'd all agree that there is no reason to be embarrassed or ashamed about participating in social nudism, so what's the problem? It seems very odd to me that people usually enjoy having others admire their possessions, but object to having others show any interest in looking at their naked bodies. Many nudists I've met (especially women) have no objections to being seen by other nudists, but will cover up in the presence of non-nudists. What possible difference could there be? What am I missing?

Bill

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2009 :  01:23:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good question, Bill. I wonder if nude women feel secure when everybody is nude around them. I'm not being sexist at all, but more at sympathetic to their feelings. Perhaps clothed people are seen as more aggressive, as being being a threat to one's peace of mind. So hard to say, we need some of our female forum members to help us here.

On a more whimsical side, I wonder if back in earlier days, if a bunch of people were nude at a beach, and instead of guys running around with cameras, taking photos of the women, Rembrandt sat down with his easel and started painting a woman without her initial permission. Would the woman feel flattered, or tell Rembrandt to buzz off? I like that kind of open ended question. Makes ya think some.

"Rock and Roll, man, on K-WASH FM, yo, raaaaap with me, mama, with 50 Cent. Git it on, Baby! "

George Washington

DaffyTaffy2
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2009 :  09:09:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YA GOTTA WONDER ON THIS PLANET SOMETIMES? ITS NOW R NEVER? TGHINK THST WAS AN ELVIS SONG?

WHAT WAS UR POINT AGAIN?

leesa123
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2009 :  09:19:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's plain and simple. No matter where I am, nude beach or Ocean City NJ. I don't appreciate some creep taking a photo of me without asking.

Last year I was at Secrets floating on a raft with a girl friend and some loser parked next to us taking pictures with his cell phone of several young girls.. I turned him in.. He was asked to leave..

It is rude to take a picture of anyone without permission. Naked or not.
quote:

Edited by - leesa123 on 02/28/2009 09:23:32 AM

lovesthesun
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2009 :  5:58:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

You are kidding, right? Sigh....

DaffyTaffy2
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2009 :  6:46:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mmmmm well

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Avatar Images, What does yours say about You??? Topic Next Topic: Nude Calenders  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 3.05 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved