Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 194 ]  [ Total: 194 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Types of Nudist Recreation
 Which nudist category is right for you?
 What's your favorite nudist destination?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: How much nudist experience do you have? Topic Next Topic: Conservative and liberal nudism.
Page: of 13

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 12/12/2003 :  05:07:53 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Spont seems to be right. Most everyone is mentioning resorts.
I guess I like the beach best for 3 reasons:
~Sunning and swimming are my favorite things to do nude,
~I think I might feel enclosed at a resort,
~and the beach is FREE! I can afford that any day.

Randy

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 12/12/2003 :  05:13:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We do go to the nude beach a lot, but it just seems more like a holiday when we go to a resort.

Kim =^.^=

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 12/13/2003 :  11:27:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Randy, I have to echo your comments on the mertis of the beach. Surf's up! lol

irishred

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 12/14/2003 :  02:55:53 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am was a member of a Yahoo group and there is some yahoo on there that keeps insisting that nude or clothing optional beaches are "not true nudist destinations and that the visitors are not true nudists." That's not an opinion, that is a ridiculous statement. A nudist destination is a place to go to get nude. Duh! My backyard is a nudist destination for me in the summer.

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 12/16/2003 03:23:24 AM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 12/14/2003 :  11:30:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Randy, The reason I prefer a nonlanded club's events or a landed club rather than the beach is that I DON'T LIKE SAND. I grew up in Long Beach, NY (LI) and despise sand. It clings to you when you're wet and gets into the food and drink you've brought. The individual(s) who say that beachgoers aren't true nudists are being a bit egocentric.

I get bored just sitting or laying around the pool with only an occasional volleyball game to keep me occupied. I'm a Type A personality and have difficulty just relaxing. :)

Hugs, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 12/14/2003 :  2:50:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

I grew up in Long Beach, NY (LI) and despise sand. It clings to you when you're wet and gets into the food and drink you've brought.

That's definitely true of the beaches we have on the east coast of the US. However, the white powdery beaches (with sand made from coral, rather than rock) is much different... particularly when you're nude and don't have to worry about it getting in your clothes.

I can spend hours on a white, powdery coral-sand beach just going back and forth from lying in the sand to swimming in the ocean... with no need for a towel until it's time to leave!

Of the beaches I have visited, my favorites are on St Barth's and St Martin. I'd love to visit some others too someday!

However, I also like resorts. My favorite resort that I have visited is Cypress Cove.

http://cheef.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nudist-news-group/

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 12/14/2003 :  10:04:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Randy,

That type of close-mindedness is exactly what keeps young people away from naturism. I believe there are a lot of young people who accept being nude and are frequently nude in public and at home. I think young people don't like to me put in a "lifestyle box" and they don't necessarially want to be involved in formally organised events at specific locaitons (such as resorts and clubs). Making such statements simply inhibits young people wanting to be part of the lifestyle.

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 12/15/2003 :  01:33:38 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think you are right Spont. Young folks hearing that probably would be put off by such remarks. You should have heard how they blasted this one poor kid when he tried to express an opinion. When I tried to point out that for those who like the beach, it is a destination, I was ignored. I quit that group. Boring there anyway.

One of the things that makes this group enjoyable is that even though there are sometimes differences of opinion, as there is anywhere, this forum is filled with open-minded people.

One of these days, I'm going to try a resort. At the beginning of November (2003) I was in Florida, and planned to stay at Sunnier Palms for a few days, but time ran out for me because I made some good new friends in Miami and didn't want to leave.

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 12/15/2003 01:35:58 AM

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 12/15/2003 :  04:32:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Besides scaring off young people, I don't think that argument would ever hold here in Oz. After all we have 360 degrees of beach and most of the time we have the weather to support a beach lifestyle. Its actually a little strange for nudists to go to resorts when we have so many great beaches.

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

CoolNude72
Forum Member

Posted - 12/16/2003 :  12:17:10 AM  Show Profile  Send CoolNude72 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ever notice that the sand at Sandy Hook has that "salt and pepper" color to it? Well thats because there is still some gun powder left from the days of the war that was mixed with the sand. Just a fun little fact.

Ray

nudetoo
Forum Member

Posted - 12/16/2003 :  12:33:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My favorite place is anywere within arms reach!

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  2:28:25 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by irishred

Randy, I have to echo your comments on the mertis of the beach. Surf's up! lol

irishred

Kawabunga dude!

I wanna try nude surfing. But first, I gotta get good at surfing. Right now I look like an a-hole. No point in looking like a nude a-hole! Not sure if the waves are big or long enough at Haulover though.

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 01/02/2004 2:29:19 PM

CopperQuail
Forum Member

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  2:57:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To each his/her own. For me, - - - Inn, Palm Springs. I'm a Type C (Couch potato) and can/do relax anywhere. Besides, Palm Springs is the beach, no water, but lots of beach! :)

Copper Quail

Hunter101

Posted - 01/05/2004 :  3:54:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Hunter101 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I have been to a wide variety of nude settings and haven't found one I didn't like. My favorite has to be ST Martin (Orient Beach, backside of Pinel Island, various others) But I have been to Haulover Beach, Sandy Hook,etc. Clubs include PennSylvan, Sunny Rest, WhiteTail, WhitePine, etc. All I know is I meet great people everywhere I go.

raldren

Posted - 01/05/2004 :  4:06:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the beach, living in Florida and close to Apollo and Playalinda , it is very nice to drive less than an hour into the warmth of the beach and water that is 80+ . might try one of the Hedo clubs someday to let loos e the inner child.

Page: of 13 Previous Topic: How much nudist experience do you have? Topic Next Topic: Conservative and liberal nudism.  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.28 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved