Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 91 ]  [ Total: 91 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Why are members leaving the AANR ?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Why? Topic Next Topic: Naked Puns -- Live!
Page: of 4

eva-germany
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2003 :  7:07:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit eva-germany's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just before I might join any organisation, I read a lot about people leaving the AANR.
I tried to read the AANR section here but there was much to much legal mumbo jumbo for me.
So - what is going on?

sky clad if possible

Edited by - eva-germany on 07/26/2003 05:13:50 AM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2003 :  10:20:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The people who make the rules are the members, Clint. The delegates to convention, voted on by the AANR members in the clubs.

If you're talking about AANR Tomorrow, that is just proposed legislation that hopefully will be defeated at convention in August. People aren't leaving AANR in droves. Membership numbers have stayed static for a couple of years.

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2003 :  10:52:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clint, Any AANR member can speak at the General Assembly. However, the CLUBS are autonomous and make their own rules and regs.
Regards, Cheri

-
-

eva-germany
Forum Member

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  12:40:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit eva-germany's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@malenudemodel
what the frell you are writing?
it makes no sense.

"Eva, I do not have the liberty to say what is really going on,"
who is shutting your mouth?
anyone behind you with a gun?
are you not from the land of the free and the home of the brave?

" why is this topic posted, this is gonna get me in trouble!!"
because i payed already a membership and the club went belly up and my money with the wind.
and WHY should bring MY post trouble to YOU ???

always remember: don't drink and write on the computer...

sky clad if possible

eva-germany
Forum Member

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  1:04:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit eva-germany's Homepage  Reply with Quote
just to come before some screeming member who has no idea what the frell is frell, here the explanation for our english friends from the uk.
---
Probably the most versatile word in the Uncharted Territories, frell is an expletive for all occasions.

Example - Your favourite coat has just been ruined by a stray shot from a pulse pistol.

"Frell! You've destroyed my frelling favourite coat you frelling piece of dren (qv)"

Translation. "Oh dear. You've destroyed my blooming favourite coat you awful little man."

;-)

sky clad if possible
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
webmistress of the only thymoma cancer website http://thymoma.de

eva-germany
Forum Member

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  1:10:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit eva-germany's Homepage  Reply with Quote
just some strong vibes i picked up surfing the different boards in the nudist comunity.
but you are free to pm me if you think you would offend someone here.

wow - now it is getting complicated...

sky clad if possible
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
webmistress of the only thymoma cancer website http://thymoma.de

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 07/24/2003 :  09:56:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there has always been a lot of turnover in the aanr. people leave for various reasons other than the lifestyle - finances, job, children.
membership has risen though since i started going to naturist rec areas and camps in the 70's. also think backyard and private nudity have increased. so while the organizational numbers may remain static, the practice and movement itself is still growing.

paint4life
Forum Member

Posted - 07/24/2003 :  3:37:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From www.webster.com:
The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the Dictionary search box to the right.

Suggestions for frell:
1. frail
2. farl
3. feral
4. frill
5. farewell
6. Farrell
7. Farewell
8. furl
9. freely
10. fell
11. frailly
12. Farley
13. Fell

MrNatural
Forum Member

Posted - 07/24/2003 :  4:47:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why are members leaving the AANR in droves?

...I'm suspecting it's because of frell.

Sounds about right.

eva-germany
Forum Member

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  2:59:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit eva-germany's Homepage  Reply with Quote
check http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/farscape/
the best sf series ever made.

And back to my topic, right now so many things in my life going down the drain:
- the campground where i had a 2 year lease and where my dodge and my 5th wheel is standing is being closed by a bank.
- my landlord did not pay his bank and my rented house in germany is being auctioned off.
- the membership i had with camper clubs of america ($500) is worth nothing because the shut the door.
- world economy is in a bad shape, so lots of clubs, companies, individuals are closing down.

and i stumbled over several posts in different forums that aanr is loosing lot of members because of over regulations.

so, since i am a bit over carefully about putting money into organizations, clubs etc i just wanted to know what the people here knew or felt about this topic.

Webmistress of The Openminded Nudist Board
and the world only thymoma cancer site http://thymoma.de

tantrateddy

Posted - 07/26/2003 :  5:54:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit tantrateddy's Homepage  Click to see tantrateddy's MSN Messenger address  Send tantrateddy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I feel there is really no advantages to be gained for Canadians to support these American based organizations i.e. AANR, they will cause there own demise because of in-fighting there are too many people trying to inflence and control others with their tunnel-vision philosophies and opinions.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2003 :  6:09:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Western Canadian region of AANR is comprised of many good clubs and great people as is the MSA that has some Ontario clubs.

If you're not in those provinces, it wouldn't make sense to belong to them. There is also an AANR Canadian Government Chair. Tom Dunn, Blaine Krantz, Tom Migliore are all good Canadians who have served on the AANR and Regional Board from time to time. In fact, Bob Migliore is the VP of the organization. TNS does have affiliated clubs in Canada.
Both organizations have fought to maintain what we have in North America.
Also, if you are a member of TNS and/or AANR, you get grounds fee discounts when visiting clubs.
Regards, Cheri

-
-

tantrateddy

Posted - 07/26/2003 :  6:34:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit tantrateddy's Homepage  Click to see tantrateddy's MSN Messenger address  Send tantrateddy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I found one AANR sponsored club in Mission, BC that has a a very expensive membership fee for single males, coupled with their biases towards single men in general and other "in-house politics" tends to not encourage me to renew membership with them they have really alienated themselves from other nudist or naturist groups here locally. What they need Cheri, is people like you to set them straight lol.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2003 :  6:53:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Teddy, there are some nonlanded clubs in BC. Not sure if they're single friendly or not:

Arbutus Park in Victoria area,
Fraser Valley in Surrey
Okanagan Shuswap in Lelowna
Van Tan in North Vancouver

. . . all in BC - I know that's a VERY large province. Wish you lived closer.

:) Cheri

-
-

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/13/2003 :  09:04:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i was talking to a club owner and he said that there were very few people between 16 and 25 except for visitors. then a couple of our younger members have mentioned that because they are students or just starting out in the workforce, the high rates are just too much for their budget. this is both men and women. so aanr people and resort people, you have a huge market who like being nude, want to go places where they can be nude and the clubs and resorts are pricing them out except for vacations or school breaks. this is not a new situation. but its about time someone did something about it. otherwise, you are flushing a huge potential market down the toilet.

greg_ldssdc047
Forum Member

Posted - 03/30/2004 :  8:15:14 PM  Show Profile  Send greg_ldssdc047 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I found this thread in a search for topics about AANR.

I wonder why I've read reports that AANR membership is falling, while at the same time, the number of people in North America who are participating in nude recreation has almost doubled in the last decade.

It really makes me scratch my head.

I think much of the increased activity in nude recreation is among the recently retired demographic, too. These are folks who don't have a problem affording the membership fees.

What's going on?

Greg

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Why? Topic Next Topic: Naked Puns -- Live!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.44 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved