Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 241 ]  [ Total: 241 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Why are members leaving the AANR ?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Why? Topic Next Topic: Naked Puns -- Live!
Page: of 4

papabare
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  12:48:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit papabare's Homepage  Send papabare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
A lot of clubs are also starting to go for the 18-30 demographic. CSN is one group that just got me (Right under the -30 age range), they are doing alot of publicity work around the universities and colleges, and membership fees are much better then the resorts. I belong to Shangri La and am now a member of CSN aswell, with AANR membership through Shangri La for now. I am even looking at joining Travelites (Cheri's club :) and maybe the Arizona WildFlowers.

I agree, a major reason for the age range problems is money. Same reason you dont see alot of 18-30 year olds in Other resorts. Disposable income is greater the older you get, but is even better in 12-18 range (when you can work or get allowence but dont need to buy your own food ;)

I don't know the way to fix this though. You cant very well charge 18-30 year olds Less because that is age discrimination and our 30+ year old members have done alot for the cause, we dont want to charge them more for being dedicated naturists :)

I for one plan on sponsering a female 18-30 year old (Purley for demographic reasons I asure you!). Actually I wouldnt mind doing that, if it was someone I could trust to be a good naturist :) Or even a 18-30 year old couple. I have been in college with no money and with kids and wife, I know how it is.

--------------------
Live Body Proud, Live Clothes Free

greg_ldssdc047
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  02:09:55 AM  Show Profile  Send greg_ldssdc047 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, Papa...

I'm 30. Wife is 29. No kids, but I just came off of an extended period of time unemployed. (Employed 5 weeks now! Pretty good job, too!)We're just now getting into credit counselling to clean up a lot of our financial mistakes from over the last few years. Hopefully, our employment success will continue for a while.

Still, money is tight around here. :-)

Seriously, though, I think we'll be back on our feet enough by National Nude Recreation Week to at least join a travel club, and get memberships in AANR and TNS.

Greg

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  02:40:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Gregg when the ecconomy is down, people look for places to save money, and one place is membership fees, and I think it is cyclic in nature. I am happy that you are back on you feet again, and getting your finances under control. It is true that more people over thirty have more disposable income, so more can afford club fees.

Kim =^.^=

Dave
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  06:16:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ditto my wife and I had to cut back due to the economic developement hope to pick back up when ut improves!!! Dave...

spadoc
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  10:22:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Folks,

I believe that one reason that AANR membership has remained fairly stagnant for the past few years is that for many people who have become comfortable with growing acceptance of nude recreation, there is less "perceived value" in becoming a member of AANR. I also believe that after witnessing the incredible job AANR has done in orchestrating the fight to defeat the challenges to our lifestyle in Virginia (partially successful), in Florida (successful), in Texas, (successful), in Wisconsin (successful), it would be shortsighted for anyone to assume that the fight is over. As Benjamin Franklin once stated so succinctly, "We must hang together or we will surely hang separately" What has made the NRA such a political force to be reckoned with is its' two million members. We need to show the politicians that we are also a political force to be wary of by banding together. Believe me when I tell you the fight is not over by any stretch of the imagination. If you aren't a member of AANR and you believe in this lifestyle, the next time you go to a resort, thank the AANR members that work so hard to support you anyway. (Then get an application and join)

Walt Iliff

The Bead Man
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  3:02:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit The Bead Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wondered how much the membership of AANR is, by looking at their web site. Unfortunately, it's not posted - you have to go to their third party shopping cart - which wasn't working!

Cheers!

David
"The Bead Man"
www.thebeadman.net

The Bead Artist formerly known as Revilo42

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  7:43:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think individual membership is $40, and another $10 FOR club/region.

it gets you lower daily fees, and makes associate membership an option for those who visit camps/resorts periodically.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  02:54:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You are right spadoc, a lot of people are complacent, and a bunch are just enjoying the fruits of labour of the AANR members.

Kim =^.^=

scamp

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  03:27:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been a member of AANR or the ASA off and on for 20 years and I have always heard this discussion a lot. The things I've heard were that AANR doesn't do anything for you or that you don't need a membership to go to the beach and many others. The membership never seems to grow or get smaller as I look at it over the years.

I do think that it is true that young people lack the money to join a club. When I was a director at Glen Eden years ago, I had some ideas to attract younger day use people such as lower rates for them or giving them the ability to pay on their membership monthly rather than all at once. I wasn't too sucessful though.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  04:42:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum scamp. Well at least you tried some ideas to attract young people. One other thing is they could feel out of place if there are not other people there their own age.

Kim =^.^=

The Bead Man
Forum Member

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  5:35:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit The Bead Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by calmnude

i think individual membership is $40, and another $10 FOR club/region.

it gets you lower daily fees, and makes associate membership an option for those who visit camps/resorts periodically.
I suspect that the majority of nudists in the US are of the backyard, nude beach or overseas resort variety, and benefit from AANR simply as a lobbying organization. In this context, a $50 membership sounds steep, compared to say, ACLU's $20 minimum.

Cheers!

David
"The Bead Man"
www.thebeadman.net

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  10:25:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
agreed,dave. people go to the caribbean or the larger resorts and dont have to join. they just pay the extra non-member fee when they visit. after a week, the 50 bucks is an add-in.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2004 :  03:03:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Your right about that Calmnude, one week at a resort and they would have re-couped the AANR dues.

Kim =^.^=

The Bead Man
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2004 :  5:41:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit The Bead Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My thought is that the AANR has multiple aspects, not all of which are needed by all members:
  • It lobbies for nudist/naturist interests at the various governmental levels.
    This is probably the most useful to all nudists.
  • It provides a print magazine included in the membership price.
    (This reminds me of a comment by the late Douglas Adams who said that the people at the "Radio Times" believed that the whole of the BBC existed simply to give them something to write about!)
  • It coordinates between US affiliated clubs, and gives disounts to members who attend those clubs.
To those nudists who regularly their back yards, public lands and beaches, and overseas resorts, and have given up paper for the Internet, this may feel they would be paying for something they don't use.

The impression can be that AANR stands for "American Association of Nudist Resorts", which while once synonymous with Nude Recreation, nowadays is far from the whole story. Perhaps a lower fee without the club discounts and mag. might attract more of the majority of unafilliated nudists in the country?

Cheers!

David
"The Bead Man"
www.thebeadman.net

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 04/03/2004 :  12:41:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are members of AANR, TNS and a local nudist beach group.

Our membership fees for the beach group of which there are none, but we give them a annual donation of $50, goes to helping them with mailing costs and provides for a fund that the group saves to purchase equipment for the lifeguards and rangers that patrol our beach.

It is well worth the $ to be able to contine nude use of the beach and have a good relationship with the rangers and lifeguards.

The larger organizations seem to work very hard at ensuring we have the right to practice our lifestyle in places we have enjoyed for many years. Politically active people in both AANR and TNS are always looking out for legislation to take those rights and priviledges away from us. I think it is well worth the $ to ensure my wife and I have a club, resort, lake, beach to visit nude when we travel.

I agree that it is expensive for some but the benefits are worth it for us. I agree completely that clubs should look at lower membership fees for those who are young, retired or aren't able to use there facilities very often. It would be better to have more members paying a reduced fee than high fees and no members.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Why? Topic Next Topic: Naked Puns -- Live!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.22 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved