Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 404 ]  [ Total: 404 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 How to educate your non-nudist family members
 Being Nude
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Convincing my wife
Page: of 2

larue

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  10:44:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ilove to be NUDE and I can do it anywhere BUTTTTTTTTTT my wife cant stand to be nude evevn if it's in front of me. Does anyone else have this problem with thier spause ? Any suggestions.

smoothy
Forum Member

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  7:46:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the same problem. My wife hates to be nude. I sleep in the nnude and she does not even like that. When I sit out at my pool in the nude she does not like it but she tolerates it. I have tried to change her mind but nothing has worked. So now we just agree to disagree about being nude. She does not mind if I go to Cypress Cove. In fact se encourages me to go. She will not go with me.

Mike2Nude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  8:23:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife is a little further along than yours. She sleeps naked and is cool with being naked in front of me, but that is about it. She doesn't want to sit around the house naked and definitly not ready (if ever) to go to a resort with me. Her main complaint with the social nudity is men..."naked men just aren't attractive". So if I can find a resort where I'm the only guy, or if she can become blind for weekends, I might have a chance.

Please support me and MS in my MS Bike Ride on Sept 27, 08.
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?px=5356537&pg=personal&fr_id=8700

tommyjoe
Forum Member

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  09:53:51 AM  Show Profile  Send tommyjoe a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I guess I'm in the same boat as you all. My wife does't care if I'm nude. In the morning I sometimes go to the kichen to make my coffee in the nude and all she's says is stay away from the windows. I sometimes sleep in the nude, she tolerates it. I would like her to give it a try, but I can't convince her to try it.

Centauri4
Forum Member

Posted - 05/28/2009 :  11:37:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The way I finally won my wife over to trying nudism with me was by having a serious discussion about the lack of friends we had, and the lack of recreating we were doing with other people our age.

People DO need friends, because everyone needs someone to turn to for advice and support sometimes, or someone to help fix a broken car, repair a damaged house or lend a hand in moving. You know, there are the psychological benefits of having friends and there are also the physical benefits (when it comes to sheer "elbow grease").

Together we spoke of my interests in practicing nudism in "real life", as I have been to a few events before meeting her, and of the benefits I perceived in social nudism. There is a lot to be said for being "open" to sharing our lives with other human beings, and also for being accepting of them, of ALL our differences and ALL our similarities.

The nudity is not about being embarrassed or embarrassing others, it is about being kind towards each others and understanding that beneath our clothing there is so much that we share.

One of my wife's arguments against nudism was that it really achieved no purpose. Okay I thought, if that was true why would there be such an appeal to it for "some people"? Why also do some people feel so great when they do it?

People often speak of the liberation of themselves through going nude outdoors, or outdoors with others, and also frequently mention never having known what it was they were missing. This is a "purpose" if you ask me! The idea of fully and completely enjoying life and our bodies in all they are capable of feeling, and the idea of shedding the psychological and emotional baggage so many of us carried around BEFORE trying nudism and coming to understand what "being nude" means.

My wife also commented that she would feel awkward in having men stare at her, and I (sort of) said something to the effect of, 'Well, they are doing that now and you are fully dressed!' I was not trying to embarrass her with this observation or surprise her, but the men in our everyday lives were (I think) checking her out as much as the men in a nudist environment would be; so there really is very little difference in the two settings in this regards.

I finally made this bet with her before we went to an Open House event several years ago: Go with me and if we do not have a good time, or you really feel awkward/uncomfortable after even as little as a half-hour with your clothes remaining on, then we will leave. This was sort of a promise from me to her as well as a dare (sort of).

Well, she agreed that we needed to be having more fun and we also needed to be meeting more people our ages to become friends with. And finally she agreed that she DID trust my judgement and completely knew how serious I was about the benefits of social nudism, and must have felt I would not "trick" her into something that would be awful.

A few days later we went, we saw, and we stayed! My wife spent maybe the first 15 minutes with a long t-shirt on that came down to her knees. This t-shirt was specially brought for this events, and gosh darn it she was going to wear it.

Well, at the 2007 Open House everyone, and I mean everyone, was completely nude, relaxed and enjoying themselves. The staff was nude, the regular members were nude, the children were nude, I was nude and I think a most of the guest there for the open house were nude too!

There was a classic car show at the event and a few of those people had clearly never been to a nudist resort before, but none of the ones I spoke with seemed to find it "off putting" in the least! It was fun looking at a few of the cars and talking to people that had driven thirty, fifty or more miles to come show off their cars in front of a bunch of "nudies".

My wife removed her long t-shirt after that first fifteen or thirty minutes and never looked back. She had a good time that day and later commented on how the guys she spoke to actually made eye contact and kept it! In fact, I am under the impression she had better eye contact with these guys than at many other times in her life. She said this was true, and also added that she was pleasantly surprised by this finding.

We did return to the resort several times that year and even stayed one time for a long, three day weekend around my birthday.

The year 2008 was less involved with nudism for us but there were extenuating circumstances involving the economy and a minor car wreck! Uughh!

I hope any couples reading this are encouraged to talk about making friends, trusting people and enjoying the life (and bodies) we have while we are here as a result of this post.

Best wishes for 2009!

~ Den (Centauri4)

"Why didn't I think of going nude sooner?!"

Edited by - Centauri4 on 05/28/2009 11:50:27 PM

txvic
Forum Member

Posted - 05/29/2009 :  08:34:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great post Centauri4

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2009 :  01:08:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think the more i'm nude the more my wife is comfortable nude, we sleep and walk around the house nude and now that summer is here have moved to the back porch and pool nude, she still isn't comfortable with others seeing her nude but she has visited a nude beach last year with me and yes she was nude and had a blast. i'm not sure if she would be comfortable at a resort but maybe !

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  12:56:47 AM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I just don't understand this talk. Why would a man want to twist his wife's arm, possibly for years on end, to make her do something she clearly does not want to do? Why can't you respect your own wife's ideas, opinions and will?

Why would a woman put up with that?

You say, "Honey, do you want to go to a nudist resort?" She'll either say yes or no, and the situation will be resolved. If you want to go, go. Or, maybe you should change to suit her. But why is it always the men talking about how to get their wives to change to suit them?

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  3:56:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thornapplebison

I just don't understand this talk. Why would a man want to twist his wife's arm, possibly for years on end, to make her do something she clearly does not want to do? Why can't you respect your own wife's ideas, opinions and will?

You say, "Honey, do you want to go to a nudist resort?" She'll either say yes or no, and the situation will be resolved. If you want to go, go. Or, maybe you should change to suit her. But why is it always the men talking about how to get their wives to change to suit them?

Not so much an effort to change my wife to suit me, but an effort to introduce an activity that may hold more interest than she sees in it from afar, or through biased eyes. Read the post from Centauri4 again; with gentle persuasion, a loving husband introduces his spouse to a new and enjoyable opportunity for recreation and social activity. How is this a bad thing?

There is a constant tendency among humans to share the experiences and activities that they enjoy. Give a kid a new toy, and after a few minutes of play, the next step is almost always to find a friend and either share the toy or show it off. Matters little whether it's a new bike, or a video game, or a Maserati.
"Have you tried the new batting cages they just installed across town?"
"Did you see there will now be a restaurant down the block?"
"Have you seen that new movie yet?"
I think some of these behaviors will sound familiar.

An individual who has found something worthwhile in nude recreation will be eager to share that interest with those who matter. Often it is a spouse or Significant Other; sometimes not. And, humans being what we are, it might take more than one offering for someone to try a new thing, and maybe even some encouragement.

This same disparity has been long observed and lamented in the aviation community, too. If I had a buck for every pilot who has moaned, "If my wife were just interested in flying, we could have so much more fun together." I could retire to that island in the Pacific the poster is selling elsewhere on this forum
My numerous sisters have a similar lament about their husbands' lack of interest in shopping for clothes; they seem to view it as recreation - the guys treat the event as a chore, if they attend at all.
I, for one, will tend to treat this as I do other interests: when I find something I like, I'll tell others. If they are interested as well, then good. If they try it out and decide to spend their time elsewhere, then that keeps the overcrowding down.

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  4:26:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thornapplebison

I have no idea what you read...but I don't see anywhere in any of the previous posts where any of these guys have twisted an arm!

Marriage is about compromise and trust. Where is the trust when a woman won't even be naked in front of her husband. Where's the compromise when a man changes to suit a woman?

I've been married to the same woman I dated in HS when we were 16 years old. From the day we began dating our relationship and life together has always been one of compromise and trust.

We loved being naked together in our younger years and everyday since the first time we both saw each other nude. We were not embarrassed or ashamed of our bodies or each other bodies.

Marriage is about sharing the most intimate of feelings and moments together and some of these poor guys have wives that don't even wanna be nude in front of them.....that's something I just don't understand. You can't tell me that a marriage is honest and complete when a woman isn't willing to be nude in front of her husband, hates seeing her husband nude or demands he remains dressed in his own home or in his own bed. There are some unresolved issues, including trust, that are missing from that relationship....in my opinion.

And...none of these guys has done any "arm twisting!"

FP

Edited by - FireProf on 06/08/2009 4:29:32 PM

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  5:42:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well spoken Fire,
The most common factor I have seen in most all nudist couples we have met is trust. Mrs Diger would have never gone with me to a nude beach for the first time if she had not trusted me.

Arm Twisting? I don't see any arm twisting here!

Diger

PopandMomBear
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  8:39:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What i see is someone wanting to share what he enjoys with the most important person in his life

Randy

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  11:07:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i had to twist my wife's arm to get her to leave the nude beach before the ranger came and cited us for being in park after closing hours.

nudedude56
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  11:14:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey, I just ordered 3 banana peelz. we're going camping with two other couples for july 1 weekend. thought I'd surprise the girls by getting us three guys one each. It's not a nudist camp but we'll be close to being nude around the camp fire. should be a blast. I'm the one in our group that enjoys being naked the most.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  04:40:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The ladies at www.bananapeelz.com seem very nice. We have traded emails several times. The company name is FCW (First Wives Club),they are located in UT.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/isisdc/2560300492/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

nakedmodel
Forum Member

Posted - 04/04/2010 :  9:34:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All I have to say is life is great! Go nude!

Page: of 2 Topic Next Topic: Convincing my wife  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.18 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved