Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 169 ]  [ Total: 169 ]  [ Newest Member: chicagonudist ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 A nudist triple header
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) Topic Next Topic: new here  

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 08/25/2008 :  03:38:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
In two days, recently, I visited three nudist places, each a different type. In order, I went to Laguna Del Sol, whose features are renowned, Secret Cove at Lake Tahoe - perhaps the most beautiful site of all the nudist spots on the earth. It was quite something to float around in an air mattress in the nude and view the unspeakable beauty of the blue lake, the blue sky, and the majestic Sierra Nevada. One woman kayaked into the nude beach, and was a good enough sport to get naked with the rest of us. Two people sailed into the cove and participated in the buff. Occasionally some boats came near to gawk, but it was not really a problem. It was funny to watch the textile folks walk near the beach from the trail above (very steep mountainsides). They would look at our beach, hesitate and then walk away, saying to themselves -- No way!!

Lastly, I went to the Sierra Hot Springs. They have an interesting mix of facilities. There are three main spa areas. I chose the one with the most developed pool area. While I was there, I watched a young woman receive a rebirthing from an excellent practitioner.

The changing room was co-ed. There people undressed and then walked out to the mineral pools. I have never been in a co-ed changing room, or should I say undressing room. The folks in the changing room were waiting their turn for showering. I felt it to be an inwardly growing experience for me, and made me wonder why nudist resorts even have separate restrooms at all. The changing room was a wonderful exercise in gracefullness and positive humility, and a place to practice mental modesty to the opposite sex. I know I am waxing philosophical, but that is my tendency, and I like to interpret what I am seeing.

Annexed to the mineral pool is a deck with a superb view of some of the Sierra. It is even more powerful a vista if you enjoy the view in the nude. Very freeiing!!

They have organic, vegan food for dinner. It's a wonderful combination of nudism, relaxation, good food, etc. I will go again.

All in all, it was a crammed packed weekend.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

inudist
Forum Member

Posted - 08/25/2008 :  08:36:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit inudist's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This sounds like a great way to spend a weekend to me! Way to go!

inudist

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 08/25/2008 :  10:25:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Inude. Summer is closing fast here, so folks have to take advantage of the remaining days of warmth. Leaves out here started changing colors a couple of weeks ago; fall is anxious to get here.

Calbob
Forum Member

Posted - 08/25/2008 :  9:57:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warmskin

I felt it to be an inwardly growing experience for me, and made me wonder why nudist resorts even have separate restrooms at all.

Here in California, at least, the law requires separate restrooms for men and women. Most clubs, however, do have coed showers.

I'm glad that you enjoyed Laguna Del Sol, which is my home club. If you plan to visit again on Labor Day weekend or for Nudestock next month, send me a PM, and perhaps we can meet.

Bob

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 08/28/2008 :  12:45:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the explanation about lack of co-ed restrooms. I thought I had heard that were co-ed restrooms in universities, such as UC Davis. Of course college students are not exactly lined up to obey every law. It amazes me that a law like that exists, but the government is always making up silly laws covering every aspect of life. Thanks for the information on the restrooms. I wonder if that applies to homes, too. Okay, just kidding on the last sentence.

I am a bit idealistic, and wonder what the reason for this much government is sometimes. I do remember that the showers at Laguna Del Sol are not separtated by sex. It was the complete novelty at first. As it is with all new, positive experiences, an opportunity to take on new concepts about life.

Tell you what, Bob, the next time I go to Laguna Del Sol, I'll lest you know. Thanks for thinking of me, in that regard.

abstract
Forum Member

Posted - 08/28/2008 :  02:51:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've found that when people say there's a law and don't give the specifics, there quite often isn't actually such a law.

I searched the entire California statutes for the word "restroom" and there was only one law concerning separate restrooms for men and women. It applies only to service stations within 660 feet of an interstate or primary highway. It's Business & Professions Code 13651(b).

The only thing else even close is Code of Civil Procedure 216(a) which requires "restroom accommodations for male and female jurors" in courthouses, but it doesn't say separate.

abstract
Forum Member

Posted - 08/29/2008 :  03:37:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It occurred to me later I should have searched for "toilet" as well. This uncovered Health And Safety Code 114276(b)(3) requiring permanent food facilities having more than 20,000 square feet of floor space to provide "at least one separate toilet facility for men and one separate toilet facility for women", and Labor Code 2350 requiring "Every factory, workshop, mercantile or other establishment in which one or more persons are employed ... When there are five or more employees who are not all of the same gender, a sufficient number of separate toilet facilities shall be provided for the use of each sex" (for use by the employees; toilets for use by visitors or customers is covered elsewhere and generally are not required to be separate).

There are numerous laws requiring "one or more" toilets, which clearly means separate restrooms for men and women are not required in those cases.

D-TX
Forum Member

Posted - 08/31/2008 :  5:35:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Calbob
Here in California, at least, the law requires separate restrooms for men and women. Most clubs, however, do have coed showers.
Bob

How are things like Charter Buses and Planes dealt with in California? Do they have to have separate restrooms, labeled "Men" and "Women"?

I expect that temporary events that use Porta-Potties are exempt from labeling them.

Take Care & Enjoy Life Bare,
David

"Gosh that takes me back ... or is it forward? That's the trouble with time travel, you never can tell." - 4th Doctor in the Doctor Who story "ANDROIDS OF TARA"

Calbob
Forum Member

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  3:22:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know the details of the California laws. My statement was based on what I heard when I was a member of Silver Valley Sun Club. It's a rather rustic club, and there were two restrooms with flush toilets, one located in the clubhouse which is a converted double-wide mobile home, and the other is next to the rec room. The club was told that they needed to have separately designated mens and women's restrooms, so they complied by putting the required signs on the doors. Then, everyone ignored the signs and used whichever one was available.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  6:13:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
When too many silly laws are passed, people will work around them by using their wits. Nudists are no different in this respect. The state assumes that only they are capable of thinking, when it is all too often the opposite.

I very much appreciate the legal input from everyone.

Previous Topic: MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) Topic Next Topic: new here  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved