Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 439 ]  [ Total: 439 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Do Nudists Have Sex?
 nudist or exhibitionist
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: nudist girl friend (marriage issue) Topic Next Topic: Fun stuff for a party!!!
Page: of 4

duneo

Posted - 04/12/2008 :  8:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love to wear EXTREME STRING bikins from to feel sexy when I am nude in public. Am I an exhibitionist or nudist? Why?

Edited by - Moderator on 04/12/2008 10:50:06 PM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 04/12/2008 :  11:09:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
duneo, An exhibitionist likes to show off; however, nudists are generally nude not to show off and generally won't wear anything. I guess a nudist can also be an exhibitionist the same when a nudist can be a nudist even when clothed.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

blackrebel
Forum Member

Posted - 04/13/2008 :  12:20:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit blackrebel's Homepage  Send blackrebel an AOL message  Send blackrebel a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wouldnt a nudist be comfortable nude and many and/or most situations, while and exhibitionist gets excited out of being seen nude in in places that are not 'normal' such as on the street or standing in front of the window? Like flashers.

quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

duneo, An exhibitionist likes to show off; however, nudists are generally nude not to show off and generally won't wear anything. I guess a nudist can also be an exhibitionist the same when a nudist can be a nudist even when clothed.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

No shame

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/13/2008 :  02:04:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by duneo

I love to wear EXTREME STRING bikins from to feel sexy when I am nude in public. Am I an exhibitionist or nudist? Why?

duneo, as you say when you nude in public you love to wear bikins. I'd be quessing to your assizes. Some nudists wear something which wouldn't mean their an exhibitionist,if you enjoy social nude recreation, you'd be called a nudist, its your call.

go n nude

smoothNtanned
Forum Member

Posted - 04/13/2008 :  11:27:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Strikes me the term exhibitionist is rather subjective, and judgmental, in that it is a matter of interpretation of behavior by others. Most examples in society are nonsexual, and most dictionary definitions are along the lines of 'extravagant behavior that is intended to attract attention to oneself', or something similar.

On the other hand, psychiatric application will use terms indicating it is a compulsion, or more specifically, a compulsion to display one's genitals in public. And of course there are legal interpretations as well.

Can one argue that being naked in public or accepted social nudity venues is exhibitionistic, yet wearing a micro g-string is not? Oh boy! Aren't definitions fun...........

Are nude avatars on this website exhibitionistic? Could be in the eyes of some. Is my wearing speedos, now bikinis, for all my life instead of baggy knee-length swimsuits, considered exhibitionism on my part. Could be in the eyes of a beholder..............

Wearing anything that is significantly different than what is prevalent in a group could be considered by some to be drawing attention to oneself, although that may not be the intent. Is that exhibitionism? A brightly-colored baggy swimsuit at a micro g-string or a nude-only beach. Is that exhibitionism? Sure, extreme examples, but there are numerous day-to-day ones with which we are all familiar.

'NUDE when able, covered when necessary'

Edited by - smoothNtanned on 04/13/2008 10:46:14 PM

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 04/13/2008 :  2:36:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by duneo

IMHO, an exhibitionist is somebody who makes a point of being seen, regardless of what he/she wears or doesn't wear.

Naturally, Catbird

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  7:28:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here is one thought. Let's say we are all penguins, and we are at Antarctica. We all decide to wear no clothes save for the feathers we have. Thousands of us gather around without clothing. We all talk with each other and or do what penguins normally do. From a distance, you can't tell one penguin from another. We behave just like we did with our clothes on.

Now, one of the penguins paints his feathers red. From a distance, again, he stands out, and we could infer from this that he meant to stand out from the rest. But, what about us naked penguins, aren't we all looking different without our clothes on? Comapared to the other penguins around the world, we would stand out, if we were standing next to them. But, we are in a secure place where only naked penguins can be, so we cannot be conrasted with other penguins.

Just the red penguin stands out, and we call him an exhintionist. All the other penguins in our nude resort appear black and white. The penguin who went out of his way to knowingly and intentionally look different is purely and simply an exhibitionist.

IOW, it's a not a bird-of-a-feather that is an exhibitionist. With that bird-brained story, I probably should end this message here. If you were entertained by it, no applause is necessary.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

Edited by - Warmskin on 11/19/2008 7:30:43 PM

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 12/16/2008 :  04:29:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Opinions, like hands and feet, everyone has them, those who enjoy nudism have there own opinion too, you call it what you want.

go n nude

nude gardener
Forum Member

Posted - 12/18/2008 :  4:47:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are those of us that truly enjoy being nude for no other reason than the feel of the sun and the total freedom we feel. Is that exibitionism? I think not. There are others that want the attention on them, to me that is exibitionism.

HappyDaz
Forum Member

Posted - 12/19/2008 :  11:58:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gardener, I agree with you completely. I'm a nudist because I'd simply rather not wear clothes, it's not out of any desire to be 'seen' by others.

nudeisbetter
Forum Member

Posted - 12/20/2008 :  10:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by runninaroundnaked

...nudists are inadequate.they can't get enough social interaction through clothing.

I know we're not supposed to feed the trolls, but that's too funny.

Edited by - nudeisbetter on 12/20/2008 10:36:12 AM

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 12/20/2008 :  6:08:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wore a uniform for almost 25 years, I guess that is why I enjoy being a nudist, I was able to free myself from those constrictions on my off time. Now my excuse is it doesn't matter I can be nude all the time unless its to cold.

McNigel
Forum Member

Posted - 12/21/2008 :  05:19:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am happiest on a beach when there's nobody (apart from our group) around.

However once you are anywhere with people around you can't really help being an exhibitionist. People will look at you and you will people watch as well. From the posts here it seems that nudists just feel more guilty about it and think that they are above that sort of thing.

When I go out to the town I dress properly and make sure I look presentable.
When I go to a nudist beach I don't like to make the place look untidy, so that is a major motivation to keep fit.
I suppose both of those are being an exhibitionist.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 12/21/2008 :  1:55:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There needs to be more distinction made here. The term "exhibitionist" is too general and doesn't carry the proper connotation.

I am not a "flasher" by any stretch of the imagination ... nor do I get "jollies" from teasing or whatever. But do I enjoy it when men look at me? Of course I do! Why shouldn't I? I'm 43 years old ... I'm not a giggling teenager pretending not to notice the boys, but I like it when men notice me. I don't see anything wrong with it at all. As human beings, we notice members of the opposite gender. That's how nature designed it.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 12/21/2008 :  10:29:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*sigh*

If you don't like my profile picture, then use whiteout on your monitor.

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 12/21/2008 :  10:50:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
runninaroundnaked...

Your unprovoked attack on a fellow Forum member is unwarranted and inappropriate. Honeysuckle has made numerous valuable contributions to this Forum and does not deserve to be treated in this way. As a new member of this community you should take some time to learn about proper etiquette. While it is acceptable to disagree with one another, there is no place for personal attacks here.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: nudist girl friend (marriage issue) Topic Next Topic: Fun stuff for a party!!!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.16 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved