Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 434 ]  [ Total: 434 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 What is a "true" nudist?
 I'm so Confused
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: How to become a true nudist?
Page: of 6

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  6:50:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you suppose the original lawbreakers must know to what end they are breaking the law?

In other words, is it necessary for them to be vigilant that their violations on record are strictly of the "mere nudity" kind?

Just to bring this back around to topic-

"Why can’t it just be about enjoying nudity and the freedom it brings?"

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  02:17:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin
Do you suppose the original lawbreakers must know to what end they are breaking the law? In other words, is it necessary for them to be vigilant that their violations on record are strictly of the "mere nudity" kind?

If the founders are successful in establishing a nude area, there usually aren't any violations "on record" - although some deviations from the purest of purely 'mere nudity' may have occurred. That's because the founding efforts are at first unknown to the police and later ignored by the police who figure they have better things to do than hassle a few (then a few dozen, and eventually a few hundred) skinny dippers.

I think what you're really asking is this: Must the founders be planning from Day One to grow their effort to thousands of users with well defined, signed boundaries and a conversion to legal or quasi-legal status? I know of only one case where that was the plan from the beginning. In all other cases I'm familiar with, it was not.

That's especially true of the conversion to legal status. When there's no problem, there's no need to risk creating one by asking for legal status. Let sleeping dogs prevaricate. It's when push comes to shove that (a few, a very few) beach users defend their turf. Then, IMO, the most effective defense is a high powered offense with extravagant demands backed by credible threats.

I think you're also asking if the founders and their successors must always have met your standards of moral purity and if they must have enforced your version of moral purity on others? Hey, be serious! The kind of people who start nude beaches support _everyone's_ right to be _harmlessly_ different. When it comes to victimless 'crimes' they just shrug and say, "If you don't want to see it, don't go looking for it, and if you happen upon it, don't look."

quote:
Just to bring this back around to topic- "Why can’t it just be about enjoying nudity and the freedom it brings?"

Did someone actually ask that question? Seriously? In these United States, 40% of the population tries to force everyone else to conform to their personal idea of what's right, meet, proper, appropriate, and godly. With rare exceptions, nudity doesn't qualify. When nudity does qualify, nudity must be done in exactly the way such people consider right, meet, proper, appropriate, and godly. As they see it, they're right because they say so; anyone who disagrees is wrong!

Another 50% percent of the population doesn't really care what other people do while out of sight, but are vaguely uneasy with anything that smacks of change. They usually don't actively oppose freedoms for others, yet they vote No on any proposal to deviate from the status quo.

That leaves only about 10% who will support freedoms that they themselves don't intend to use.

Incidentally, those percentages apply to your clientele as well - except that NRO seems a bit high on the first group above.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  1:18:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think you can say it any better than that :)

Fenris Drakon
Forum Member

Posted - 12/22/2008 :  2:26:04 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Fenris Drakon's MSN Messenger address  Send Fenris Drakon a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
To me, a "true" nudist is one who willingly regularly wears nothing (given the right conditions). If anyone tells you otherwise from the basic defanition of the word, they are falling under the "No True Scotsman" logical falacy. There isn't alot more to it than that.

We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by it's cover and read what we want, between selected lines!

shysparky

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  10:46:44 AM  Show Profile  Send shysparky a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am new myself and have skimmed these posts and like what was said that to be a nudist is to prefer clothes free living plain and simple. As for all the other aspects of being a human they are by no means any different just because I choose to live clothes free. How freeing for me to realize that and hope soon my spouse will agree and join me more often in clothes free living.

Clothes free thats for me!

capecodjack
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  11:27:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All, This thread is three months old. By now we should have had many stake outs of public property with brave nude souls baring all and negotiating agreements with local authorities for designated areas for nudity. I doubt that many have taken place in the frozen northeast and I can't speak for the northwest or central plains but this is an experiment for summer time. Good luck to all. I will support any effort in my bailiwick..

Rydag

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  7:22:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man there are some deep thoughts listed here. I just feel better without clothes on.

Insomniac007
Forum Member

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  12:32:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Relatively new member here but my wife and I have long enjoyed being naked in nature be it on the beach or sunning on our deck or like a few hours ago swimming naked off the dock at dusk . We will have been married 28 years in a few weeks and our first outdoor nudity was probably 31 years ago . My addition to the above thread is that we have never looked upon our nudity as being part of a religion, political statement, or anything else that has a 'code' that has to be followed by 'true members' ... The experience varies with circumstance and our moods ...comfort, freedom, luxury, exhibitionism, voyeurism, return to childhood , and a dozen other things are all part of it with the emphasis changing with each experience ... you can analyse it to death ..so don't ...just experience it and don't do anything to harm anyone else .

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  05:28:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Insomniac007

...just experience it and don't do anything to harm anyone else.

Who decides what qualifies as harm, and when is that decision made?

FlCpl4NewdFun
Forum Member

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  7:34:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the record, I am no longer confused!

Insomniac007
Forum Member

Posted - 06/27/2009 :  12:26:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
..By " don't do anything to harm anyone else ." , I guess I was mainly thinking of being mindful that the mere existance of naturist locales is in some places threatened so one should avoid making it easier for someone to make 'a case' against the location.
Also to a degree one should be observant and try to allow for other people's levels of comfort and try to act so as not to spoil their experience of the naturist location.

desertnude
Forum Member

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  8:53:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit desertnude's Homepage  Send desertnude a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't have enough time to read the whole thread but do anyway. I agree with many, drop the "true" and just take off your clothes! The first time I went to a nude beach (FKK Strand in Germany) I have to admit I had a strong voyeuristic motive. I was already a "nudist" by lifestyle but didn't realize it. I hate clothing I eschew Dior and Calvin Klein ads. As teenagers how many of us didn't sneak off to the library (o.k., I'm dating myself, internet now) to view nude photos in art books etc., that is simply the sexual nature we all have. Just because I can appreciate a beautiful body, male or female, while on the beach or at a club doesn't mean I am not a nudist. (yes I have noted in this thread that men cannot admit to finding other male bodies attractive). I am not good looking but appreciate people seeing me nude. So I am a voyeur and an exhibitionist AND a nudist. How many of us, if given the choice, would move to a country where we never again had to wear clothing. I would. Unfortunately, as a single male, not to mention being Gay, I would be forbidden from entering such a country! I reject any ideas that define nudity, wear jewelry, wear make-up and please wear sandals in the hot sand! I am used to being descriminated against, so put limits were you will, but I AM A NUDIST and everyone I know knows it and I am not ashamed.

Michael

freecospirit
Forum Member

Posted - 07/29/2009 :  12:42:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can identify with many of the comments desertnude has nude made except that I am definitely not gay. I first tried beach nudity on a Cretian beach near Vai more or less by chance. I had for sometime been curious about naturism not really understanding why any sane person should want to go naked in public. Anyway my wife and I stumbled on this beach with a crudely written sign "Nude Beach". On the beach there was a single nude man (German I think), and one clothed middle aged couple. We selected a spot away from the others and close to the sea for swimming, we nervously removed our clothes. What I had not expected was the amazing difference in feeling between wearing a brief pair of speedos and nothing at all; it felt so much better to be completely nude. A few other people all clothed walked along the beach and at first we covered ourselves or lay on our fronts, nobody passing gave us a second glance even when we lay face up no-one seemed to take any notice. After a while another couple chose a part of the beach well away from the sea; the man first came towards the sea wearing shorts which he took off just before entering the water and a minute or so later his wife came strutting down the full length of the beach totally nude and looking really proud of the fact. Since that day we have been to a lot of CO beaches in different countries going nude whenever we can. I find that I enjoy being nude so much that I strip off as soon as we pass the beach boundary and stay nude until we reach boundary coming off the beach. I found that like the lady on the Cretian beach (who had a much better body than mine) I too am a bit of an exhibitionist. On clothing optional beaches where there are clothed people amongst us some of whom have never gone nude in their lives I think "You really don't know what you're missing; it really is so very much better to go nude" that makes me feel just a little bit smug.

G.

Randall50
Forum Member

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  10:17:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am no expert on this subject. I would imagine there are levels of nudism as there are in pretty much any other "ism" out there. Who has not gone skinny dipping? Boys slipping off together to shed their clothes and skinny dip in the local pond is part of the American Psyche. Norman Rockwell captured that phenomenon in his famous painting: http://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?startat=/getposter.asp&APNum=2110546&CID=699A9BDA0A494766A6213EF97DE13014&PPID=1&search=Norman%20Rockwell&f=c&FindID=27805&P=1&PP=30&sortby=PD&cname=Norman+Rockwell&SearchID=

Certainly I look at other people's bodies with ranges of human responses from simple observation to types of sexual desire. As an adult, I manage these responses whether I'm clothed or not. I am not gay, but that does not mean I don't admire another nude body man or woman. I basically practice nudism in my home and garden.

Pure nudism, unpolluted by voyeruism and sexuality, is simple and free.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  5:33:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Organized nudity in the form of beaches of resorts, to me, is a novelty each time I go there. Let's face it, we spend a lot of time (at least a lot of us) with our clothes on. Arriving at a nudist place is for the moment a complete reversal of what we normally experience.

Being how it is a novelty, it does scramble how we see others, and imagine their role in life within their home and communities. Nudity does take away our projection of wealth, position, career type, and other facets of life. Imagine seeing every friend, acquaintance, co-worker, etc., all in one place and all in the nude. Of course that is not the actual case. Mostly we see strangers being nude at a resort, as if we took a shortcut to properly see them nude. It is odd that we can easily see strangers nude, but most likely never our friends in the nude. I may not be making myself too clear on that idea. So that means, yes, I am confused! Hahaha.

When I arrive at a nudist resort, I have a funny thought that I'm the only one nude, until I see others who are nude. Then when I see others, I feel "normal" again. You could imagine how I would draw attention to myself by walking around fully clothed at a resort.

So, I believe, for myself, it is the reversal of nudity versus being clothed as we go to and from each type of setting. The novelty I experience each time does leave me a bit confused at first, until my mind again reaches an equilibrium of sorts, and I become fully adjusted to my new surroundings (nudist resort or the clothed world).

"The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home."
James Madison

Page: of 6 Topic Next Topic: How to become a true nudist?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.25 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved