Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 458 ]  [ Total: 458 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 What is a "true" nudist?
 I'm so Confused
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: How to become a true nudist?
Page: of 6

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  11:38:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So elequently stated, go n nude. I hope others take note.

Mike

tgg
Forum Member

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  02:46:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit tgg's Homepage  Send tgg an ICQ Message  Click to see tgg's MSN Messenger address  Send tgg a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
What is a 'true' nudist?

Ask Anna Liddell from the rec.nude newsgroup - she seems to understand better than most of the others on there, and she is hated and ridiculed for it too.

A 'true nudist' in my opinion is someone who has mastered the art of sexual temperance when naked. Therefore, nakedness is not a sexual activity for them except in the right settings and circumstances.

I feel a lot more at ease and open with people when nude than with clothes on, because the lack of clothing removes social pretensions and pretentiousness. It's hard to be egotistical or egomaniacal without clothes on.

There's nothing wrong with you questioning people's motives about nudism, especially coming from someone who has been into it for less than a year. Some of us (including myself) are old hands at it and have been into it for a number of years so we've been able to see the dark as well as light side of it.

:-)

'Fear wraps our bodies in clothing, love allows us to stand naked' - Neale Donald Walsch (Conversations With God 1)

CaliforniaCheez

Posted - 06/20/2008 :  7:24:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have yet to understand the need to group and quantify things and people.

Social Nudity covers almost all of the political, social, and economic spectrums of society.

I've been to nude beaches for years and have met all kinds of people. The only thing unique other than being nude is a trait of openess and honesty.

I don't belong to nudist organizations and rarely go to resorts. I have mostly gone to free beaches here in California. I went once when young out of curiosity and found it was very comfortable.

I don't know why it is not more popular! My wife enjoys it also. We got started in our 20's. She got attention and guys enjoyed looking. Nothing exhibitionist but just walking around.

It is just a comfortable place to go without crime and more relaxed people. Nude males are mostly nonthreatening unless they take photographs without permission.

The only thing that gets me riled up are the wierdos carrying cameras or wierdos on the cliffs with binoculars. Years ago a lady on the beach told me not to be mad at them but too invite them to join.

Later that day I saw a young couple up on the cliff looking down and it appeared to me he was attempting to show her that it was safe for her to try it out.

So I try to have that mindset. Not all gawkers are gawkers. Some are just wading in slowly; but the telephoto lense crowd do upset me.

We have a group that gets together for a weekend every year and after the beach we have a party in some ajoining motel rooms with hot tubs for nude socialization. I mean socialization just as if we had swimsuits on in and out of the hottub. It really is no different.

There are new people every year who are friends of friends. There are right wing, left wing, Chirstians and non. The party has had an age range of over 40 years and a wide range of physical beauty. Never a problem.

Try to label that group and you can't!!

I have never met a hard driving salesman trying to sell me something at a place of nudity.

I've met very few with fake airs and attempts to pretend they are people they are not.

No one judges the economic status of anyone (except if they drink the type of drink they choose - minor)

Almost all are well balanced people who are very comfortable with who they are and not likely taken on foolish whims.

I'm not a crusader waving my nudity in anyone's face. My spouse and I are not swingers.

We have introduced nude beaches to others who now enjoy it and some who tried it once just to say they did.

Nudists have no labels (humor intended).

treat8sforme

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  6:13:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I call myself a nudist when lying on a beech or walking on a deserted beech early in the moring wathing the sun rise with like minded people.when aplying for model for art classes.When meeting a massage therapist for the first time.When I wanted a job as a film extra.When I dont want to embarass another person but where being undressed would be unthoughtfull.I work at home nude if the situation is safe (power tools falling masonry ect)I would like to be a nudist in my local health club sauna an pool area but this is not to be.
I AM A NUDIST.

jwb

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  7:33:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being a nudist in America is thumbing one's nose at what our culture teaches us. More often than not, it is the Puritan in our background who chides us not to be naked in public. So there is freedom in feeling the breeze where such is not normally sensed . . . both physical and mental.

And, while appreciation of the human form can be at once wholly Platonic, one can know another person for months in a naturist environment and yet immediately become aware of a sexual undertone entering the acquaintanceship. A person does not discard their humanity by doffing their clothes.

Does a "true nudist" need nipple jewelry? Or, conversely, perhaps it is a must? Would such be worn when clothed?

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  9:23:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's a true nudist? Here's my take:

A true nudist accepts and celebrates diversity within nudism, is tolerant and inclusive of all who obey the civil law, and gently seeks to dissuade those who would splinter the movement into a multiplicity of arbitrary categories and bickering sects. It thus follows that a true nudist doesn’t think about who is or isn’t a true nudist, and uses the term only in a definition such as this one.

Frank

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism to textiles and tolerance of diversity to nudists.

inudist
Forum Member

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  4:48:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit inudist's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm beginning to agree with nudeisntlewd that the term "true nudist" is an elitist and condescending term that doesn't really mean anything.

I still suscribe somewhat to the notion that a true nudist can separate nudism and sex or treats people the same if they are clothed or nude.

But who am I to judge that someone who just likes to be naked is less of a nudist than anyone else.

This is a very interesting and thought provoking thread though!

inudist

dzero35

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  10:41:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi FlCpl4NewdFun, You've been practicing nudist lifestyle for a year and still feel NUT, me and my wife just did it only one time in Maui and I guess I am nutter. At the nude beach, we felt great in the nude, I like to see naked people, I love to see naked female body .I found female form is the most beautiful thing on earth. I was thrilled when I saw attractive naked ladies playing with the waves. For 2 hours there, I was so exciting ( but not even 1 second for erection,Hey, I'm still young and healthy). I am confused! I I don't know which catagory I fall in but according to True Nudists' oppinions posted here, I guess I am not yet qualified for that TRUE nudist title. I will find out when I get to - - Resort where I could get more education right after Christmas 2008.
I really like Nudony's post above. It's a TRUE TRUTH- nothing fake or hidden, totally honest, I hope He is a TRUE Nudist.
FlCpl4NewdFun, I knew a dude who never practiced nudism, suddently became a nudist, he refused to wear clothes at home,He watched me and my beautiful wife naked chasing each other in the house and he didn't have any response(sexual).After a year of nudist, He passed a way in the age of 78. That dude was my wife' step father.May be he was one, a chosen one!
Don't be confused too much my friend,keep pracicing more, you will reach that title one day!

A Little Confused

Edited by - dzero35 on 10/09/2008 10:44:47 PM

johninfla
Forum Member

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  12:17:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, I think you have it figured out. Now if only everyone else could get it.

True nudists...thinking...I just spent two afternoons in finance committee meetings with a bunch of nude people. I doubt the sheer absurdity of it occured to any of us; we had more important things to do.

Another absurdity; we had a conversation with a friend who's a "card-carrying nudist" about her nipples. One's first thought may be that the conversation was sexual in nature but the fact was that the conversation was about the pool being too cold. <g>

Humans have a need to categorize, to separate us and them; what we all need to remember is that we are nudists and not let our petty bickering divide us.

lukekim

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  9:00:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the beginning, When God created human (Adam and Eve), they were not ashamed of their nakedness. However, when the first man and woman took the tree of knowledge of good and evil, which is strictly prohibited by God, everything changed. Human immediately started to feel shame of their nakedness due to entrance of evil knowledge through the forbidden fruit.

Although this sounds strange to non-biblical believers, Bible clearly tells us the origin of shame in nakedness. We can see the two aspects of nakedness. One is the true beauty of God's creation in human body and the other is feeling a shame and afraid behind this beauty.

Exercising nakedness is a good thing to directly see God's creation. However, there is a evil knowledge has been passed down from our ancestor. Because of this evil knowledge human often involve sins related with nakedness, which is a great challenge not to be involved by our own. However, if your spiritual strength is full and intact by holy spirit, you may not involve evil thoughts but delight in God's creation.

However, if our spiritual strength is not enough to overcome various temptations related with nakedness (especially by others' nakedness except your wife), we may often be involved in sinful thoughts and acts due to the spiritual inheritance of evil.

Maybe this is why most of the peoples in Bible were clothed and not naked. Nonetheless, there is a clear room for us to appreciate God's creation in human body as originally intended in the beginning prior to Fall.

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  10:13:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lukekim, I think you're mythtaken. Or, perhaps, you mythspoke.

dzero35

Posted - 10/11/2008 :  02:12:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VLM34

What's a true nudist? Here's my take:

A true nudist accepts and celebrates diversity within nudism, is tolerant and inclusive of all who obey the civil law, and gently seeks to dissuade those who would splinter the movement into a multiplicity of arbitrary categories and bickering sects. It thus follows that a true nudist doesn’t think about who is or isn’t a true nudist, and uses the term only in a definition such as this one.

Frank

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism to textiles and tolerance of diversity to nudists.

VLM34,that's a deep thought.I don't think many people here could understand because of the word "TRUE".
A Little Confused

Edited by - dzero35 on 01/22/2009 6:41:24 PM

later
Forum Member

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  1:11:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had to think back to when I first started enjoying nudity. Now I've never been known as a great thinker, but I don't recall any thoughts about going nude other then when and where I could enjoy clothing free time.
I have in the past posted here using the term 'true nudist', but not in the sense others are. My use of the term was in reference to whether other posters were into the life style or just on this or other site to goof around.
If you enjoy being nude in your home and/ or yard, your a nudist.
If you enjoy going to nude beaches and resorts, your a nudist.
The more time you spend enjoying nudity, the fewer your thought of a sexual nature and the why am I doing this, are.
As others have said, 'to many over think this', as if they want to justify it in their own mind.
If you like being nude, and your not doing for any other reason then the enjoyment, then I guess if you wish to say your a 'true nudist', go for it.
For myself," am a nudist/naturist, a person who enjoys a cloths free life style when ever possible!"

LIFES MORE FUN NUDE!

smoothNtanned
Forum Member

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  7:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There have been many articulate comments on this topic, some very refreshing perspectives, and as expected, some differing viewpoints.

I am truly a nudist, but to some I would not be a 'true nudist' (mostly PRIVATE, occasionally PUBLIC*, and rarely SOCIAL nudity). Each person has a different ratio or proportion of these three venue categories in their nude lives, mine being 98 (private), 1 (public), and 1 (social), or 98:1:1. That's how I spend my nude time, since I live nude as much as possible. Weather and safety permitting, I can do most things nude at home and in the yard, alone or in privacy with my wife.

As an adjective, one dictionary definition of 'true' is: "in accordance with fact or reality". That would require an agreed upon definition of nudist. That I have yet to see! Therefore it would seem to me that the expression 'true nudist' is subjective, judgmental, and open for interpretation by any individual as he/she sees fit. What will be seen by one, or with oneself , to be a 'true nudist', will not necessarily be seen or agreed upon by others. Granted, a group could arrive at its own definition of 'true nudist' for whatever purpose, but should not expect others to be in agreement. Nudists are a diverse lot, as many have said.

If this is the case, may I suggest that the term 'true nudist' be abandoned, at least as a singular definition. It just isn't going to happen.

In my mind and behavior (when possible) I am content, no, actually happy, just being nude, naked, textile-free, bare or whatever. Simply put - always enjoyable.

I am, after all, truly a nudist. Well, at least in my mind.......

-----------------

* I've used the term PUBLIC nudity for years with reference to being nude outside of one's private domain, without being involved with others necessarily, and generally out of sight of the general public. Activities could include hiking, jogging, beaching, swimming, boating, canoeing, kayaking, to mention but a few (no, not streaking, etc.!). The intent is not social nudity or socializing with nudists, but neither is it in one's private venue. Perhaps there is a better term for this limbo type nudity, like 'adventuresome nudity'. Hmmm, maybe I'm the only one who makes this distinction.......

'NUDE when able, covered when necessary'

Edited by - smoothNtanned on 10/16/2008 10:13:55 PM

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  10:46:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nudism is a state of being, wherein a person does exactly the same things as clothed people do in ordinary activities at home, or in sheltered places, except without clothes on.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

Page: of 6 Topic Next Topic: How to become a true nudist?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.34 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved