Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 260 ]  [ Total: 260 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Nudist Fashion - Apparel and Body Jewelry
 Piercing, body jewelry, etc.
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Genital Jewelry Topic
Page: of 27

n/a
deleted

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  10:51:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had to make a comment on this subject. I have been pierced for over 16 years(mine is called a hafata) so you could not classify me as a "fad follower". The reasons for my piercing are my own and if my piercing is a distraction then you are not giving me the respect as an individual with the right to express myself as I wish. I have been judge enough in my life for obvious reason but in doing so you are showing your own weakness as an open minded person in this nudist community. I did not do it to shock you or to intice anyone so why should it matter how I express myself. Is'nt acceptance and support what we all want from each other.

T-BEAR

SingingSabre
Forum Member

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  04:26:09 AM  Show Profile  Send SingingSabre an AOL message  Send SingingSabre an ICQ Message  Click to see SingingSabre's MSN Messenger address  Send SingingSabre a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Very well put, FLIPFLOPBEAR. Thank you.

The hafada is a very nice piercing, I'm glad you like yours. :)

"Son, crying in your milk is bad enough. Crying in your hot fudge sundae is just disgusting." R.A. Heinlein.

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  7:58:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why do folks with genital piercings seem to be so defensive about it? e.g., "It's my right to express myself" and etc. This entire line of defense essentially copies that proposed in the male erection forum.
"It's my right to have an erection and if you cannot take it, that's your problem" and words to that effect.
I agree with those who do not want hard-earned "privileges" to be nude jeopardized by folks trying to "express" themselves. We neither live in a perfect world nor in a bubble. Thus we need to respect others, albeit minorities, or risk losing it all.

SingingSabre
Forum Member

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  01:18:04 AM  Show Profile  Send SingingSabre an AOL message  Send SingingSabre an ICQ Message  Click to see SingingSabre's MSN Messenger address  Send SingingSabre a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GeeWilly

Why do folks with genital piercings seem to be so defensive about it? e.g., "It's my right to express myself" and etc. This entire line of defense essentially copies that proposed in the male erection forum.
"It's my right to have an erection and if you cannot take it, that's your problem" and words to that effect.
I agree with those who do not want hard-earned "privileges" to be nude jeopardized by folks trying to "express" themselves. We neither live in a perfect world nor in a bubble. Thus we need to respect others, albeit minorities, or risk losing it all.

Why do you feel that those of us with piercings shouldn't be allowed access to c/o places?

"Son, crying in your milk is bad enough. Crying in your hot fudge sundae is just disgusting." R.A. Heinlein.

nudetoo
Forum Member

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  01:48:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If a club or resort has a rule about piercings, then its members set up that rule, and thats the way they want it. just find a club that allows piercings. kind of like being a single male, some clubs won't allow us in.

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  10:16:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That I am indifferent to where you puncture your body is not the point, SSabre. Clearly some people find certain piercings to be an offensive statement.

Wouldn't you agree, my friend, that there are no absolute rights in a free society? One's "right" of free speech does not allow one to yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater.

My point of difference is with those who would force their perceived "right" to do something on another. nudetoo gets it: Find your place and enjoy.

SingingSabre
Forum Member

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  6:28:52 PM  Show Profile  Send SingingSabre an AOL message  Send SingingSabre an ICQ Message  Click to see SingingSabre's MSN Messenger address  Send SingingSabre a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Could I please ask you to clarify your post?
quote:

It is very ambiguous and I cannot tell what you are trying to say.

For example: Are you suggesting that getting a piercing below the neck is akin to having a public erection? Are you suggesting that those of us with non-facial piercings should be barred out of c/o areas?

Please elucidate upon your post.

~~E

Edited by - SingingSabre on 09/23/2005 6:31:37 PM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  6:47:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SingingSabre, I believe what Willy is trying to say is that anything that draws attention to the genitals is questionable in a g-rated, family-friendly nudist environment.

Regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

SingingSabre
Forum Member

Posted - 09/24/2005 :  11:34:42 AM  Show Profile  Send SingingSabre an AOL message  Send SingingSabre an ICQ Message  Click to see SingingSabre's MSN Messenger address  Send SingingSabre a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If that is what he is indeed saying, that's understandable.

However, I fail to see how anyone with a modecum of self restraint would have their attention "drawn" to the genitals if they were pierced.

EDIT: I also fail to see how this is an issue with nipple piercings, if it even is.

~~E

Edited by - SingingSabre on 09/24/2005 6:18:16 PM

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/24/2005 :  9:15:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SingingSabre: Perhaps you missed my 9/23 post the amplifies the 9/21 post you cited.

I suggest nothing with regard to body piercing beyond that stated in those two posts and Cheri's summation.

I have noted your lengthy polemic posted 8/27 wherein you admitted, "I know my piercings draw attention . . ." and with regard to those who might disagree with that form of attention: "Get over it, people!"

I suggest that anyone seeking "acceptance and support" should be the first person willing to give it.

SingingSabre
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2005 :  05:33:49 AM  Show Profile  Send SingingSabre an AOL message  Send SingingSabre an ICQ Message  Click to see SingingSabre's MSN Messenger address  Send SingingSabre a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

SingingSabre: Perhaps you missed my 9/23 post the amplifies the 9/21 post you cited.

I suggest nothing with regard to body piercing beyond that stated in those two posts and Cheri's summation.

I have noted your lengthy polemic posted 8/27 wherein you admitted, "I know my piercings draw attention . . ." and with regard to those who might disagree with that form of attention: "Get over it, people!"

I suggest that anyone seeking "acceptance and support" should be the first person willing to give it.

And an obese person's body draws attention to itself. They made a life choice. If someone is offended or sickened at the sight of someone overweight, does that larger person need to find a c/o location of their own?

Yes, I wrote a polemical post. It was attacking narrowmindedness.

Personally, I feel that body modification is body modification. Whether it's a tattoo, piercing, haircut, circumscision, rhinoplasty, liver sort removal, working out, etc. it's a body modification. To say that one attracts more attention than another (all you shavers, out there) and that one is "worse" than another is a fallacy in my eyes.

Please me to define body modification. Here it is: Body modification is any alteration you make to your physical self.

So I pose a new question for both GeeWilly and Cheri. Assume you accept my definition. Would that make shaving less of a nudist sin than a piercing or a tattoo? What about breast augmentation?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2005 :  12:13:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eddie, The obese person's genitals are not having attention drawn to them. Breasts are not gentalia. It's not body modification that's an issue; it's gental piercings.
Cheri

-
-

SingingSabre
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2005 :  2:49:36 PM  Show Profile  Send SingingSabre an AOL message  Send SingingSabre an ICQ Message  Click to see SingingSabre's MSN Messenger address  Send SingingSabre a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

Eddie, The obese person's genitals are not having attention drawn to them. Breasts are not gentalia. It's not body modification that's an issue; it's gental piercings.
Cheri

Good answer :). How about the issue of shaving, then?

~~Eddie

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2005 :  3:20:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SingingSabre

quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

Cheri

Good answer :). How about the issue of shaving, then?
~~Eddie

I have similar feelings towards shaving but not as strong. I have always trimmed for comfort when having to wear clothes. The first time I saw a shaved adult, it seemed as if the person had not as yet reached adulthood; it was weird but not disturbing. Some of the metal hanging from genitalia is very suggestive to say the least and still don't understand it or fully understand shaving outside of an intimate relationship. For some, each is for decoration as I've learned. IMHO, Prince Alberts and others of that ilk are definitely not appropriate in a nudist setting.
Cheri

-
-

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 09/27/2005 :  10:21:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
IMHO, Prince Alberts and others of that ilk are definitely not appropriate in a nudist setting.
Cheri

And yet, for years, the American Sunbathing Association (now AANR) and its public relations arm has been telling the general public that nudists believe the whole body is not shameful. In their words, "A penis or a breast is no different than an elbow". Apparently that is not true in reality at nudist clubs or within the movement itself.

I remember the shocked attitudes of nudists years ago who objected to other nudists who tattoed themselves, Then came the shock of those who shaved "down there" although apparently those who shave off their beards are perfectly acceptable. Now it's those who wear rings "down there" although those who wear rings in their earlobes are also apparently ok.

I guess we aren't the tolerant, open minded and free individuals we present to the general public after all. We are just as hung up and uptight as the rest of the world.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html

Page: of 27 Previous Topic: Genital Jewelry Topic  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.47 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved