Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 193 ]  [ Total: 193 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Cap d'agde and Mosquitos?
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: What I miss most about camp during the winter Topic Next Topic: Wild Animals and Nudity  

caligula

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  4:00:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me if I should be worried about mosquitos in Cap d'Agde (Southern France) between May and July?

Intend staying in the camp site and ideally would be prefer to be nude 24x7 but I am very prone to insect bites and am a wee bit concerned. Do I have to cover up when the sun sets?

kedward
Forum Member

Posted - 03/10/2008 :  01:16:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been to the Cap a few times, usually in early August. I have never had any problems with the mosquitos. Hope you enjoy yourself, it's the best place for 24/7 nudity.

Fulldraw
Forum Member

Posted - 03/13/2008 :  10:46:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read something interesting the other day. It said get a small spray bottle and spray Listerine Mouth wash around the area and the mosquitoes will leave the area. I am going to try it this summer. Who knows? Might just work.

caligula

Posted - 03/15/2008 :  7:16:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the feedback. I'm staying in the campsite in the 3rd week of June. I am making sure the tent I buy is mosquito proof just in case. Nothing worse than when you get uninvited guest through the night.

aaardvark
Forum Member

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  2:48:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I stayed at Cap D'Agde in the height of their summer period for about a week in 1997. I had absolutely no trouble with mosquitoes. I think they need bodies of stagnant water (even a bucket would do) for them to breed but in Agde at that time, it wasn't an issue as it was bone dry. Every day was a 30 degree clear sunny day with evening wild fire and light spits of rain but not enough to wet or water the ground. The swimming pools are chlorinated and I can't remember any other bodies of water that would allow mozzies to breed. The vegetation was too dry to harbour them as well. Mozzies shouldn't be a problem but the situation could be different if you struck a wet spell.

hernandocpl
Forum Member

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  1:34:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It aint gonna be 30 in early June but very nice...........empty but very nice. Why are you buying/living in a tent. Rent an apartment, you'll be swamped with choices.

Live love and have fun

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  4:34:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aaardvark

I stayed at Cap D'Agde in the height of their summer period for about a week in 1997. I had absolutely no trouble with mosquitoes. I think they need bodies of stagnant water (even a bucket would do) for them to breed but in Agde at that time, it wasn't an issue as it was bone dry. Every day was a 30 degree clear sunny day with evening wild fire and light spits of rain but not enough to wet or water the ground. The swimming pools are chlorinated and I can't remember any other bodies of water that would allow mozzies to breed. The vegetation was too dry to harbour them as well. Mozzies shouldn't be a problem but the situation could be different if you struck a wet spell.

You're kidding aren't you, the area is surrounded buy marshes, and is noted for the flocks of Flamingo's, that entire coast all the way to Marseille is swamp and canals.

I've never heard anyone complain about mozzies, and the breeze off the sea stops them bothering Le Cap, go and enjoy.

Pete Knight

aaardvark
Forum Member

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  4:43:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pete Knight

quote:
Originally posted by aaardvark

You're kidding aren't you, the area is surrounded buy marshes, and is noted for the flocks of Flamingo's, that entire coast all the way to Marseille is swamp and canals.

I've never heard anyone complain about mozzies, and the breeze off the sea stops them bothering Le Cap, go and enjoy.

Pete Knight

Good call Pete - you know the lay of the land better than I do. My experience (limited though it was) was that I wasn't bothered by Mozzies. Normally they love me and the feeling isn't mutual. Where I was as dry as a bone but I looked at the post again properly and noticed the original query was about the campground. I was in one of the villas - surrounded by paving.

Previous Topic: What I miss most about camp during the winter Topic Next Topic: Wild Animals and Nudity  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.24 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved