Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 148 ]  [ Total: 148 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 Educating the public about nudism
 Wikipedia needs more naturist writers
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: There are more nudists than you would think Topic Next Topic: E-mail the Editors
Page: of 2

Butt_Naked_Boy
Forum Member

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  11:39:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I realize that this thread is from several months ago; but nevertheless, good discussion. (I just became aware of this thread yesterday, after I started a thread called Wikipedia: "Clothing begets violence".)

Something I found interesting was the controversy a couple years ago about whether or not there should be a link to Nikki Craft's "Nudist Naturist Hall of Shame" -- cf. the discussion here. I don't precisely what mechanism was used to resolve the issue, but the end result is that the link was removed so I guess the system does work sometimes.

Butt_Naked_Boy
Forum Member

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  11:53:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WKPDA

It took a while, but I finally figured out how to access the deletion logs. Criteria for "speedy deletion" (CSD) specify the limited cases where administrators may delete Wikipedia pages or media without discussion.

Here's the log entry for Cheri's former page:

14:35, 15 April 2006 Deckiller (Talk | contribs) deleted "Cheri Alexander" (CSD A7)

The criteria code CSD A7 means the following:

Article about a person, group, company, or web content that does not indicate the importance of the subject. Try to use one of the more specific templates rather than {{db-a7}}. You can put {{subst:nn-warn|page name}} ~~~~ on the user's talk page, or, if it seems that someone has created a user page in the encyclopedia section instead of their user page, you can put {{subst:nn-userfy|page name}} -- ~~~~ on their talk page.

The administrator "Deckiller" is still active as of today, and his user page is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Deckiller

and you can leave him a note on his talk page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Deckiller

It is a bit strange how they do that. If you go to the "history" of any existing page, you can basically see every old edition of that page that there ever was. But if a page is deleted, the history is deleted as well, as though the page never existed.

beachscene007

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  01:12:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit beachscene007's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hate to add fuel to a fire that seems to be burnt out, but this thread is exactly why I started www.wikinaturist.com.

Wikipedia's a bit prudish :)

You're more than welcome to post personal experiences on www.wikinaturist.com. In fact, it's highly encouraged! The site needs content -- I've been building a page here and there as I have time, but it needs you!

So stop by, register if you like, and post away!

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 07/23/2010 :  8:12:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_non-sexual_social_nudity

Posting this for reference, it' fairly good.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: There are more nudists than you would think Topic Next Topic: E-mail the Editors  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.16 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved