Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 153 ]  [ Total: 153 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 Educating the public about nudism
 There are more nudists than you would think
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Positive report on nudism from Canada Topic Next Topic: Wikipedia needs more  naturist writers  

McNigel
Forum Member

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  04:10:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe nudists are in less of a minority that you would think.
The topic came up on a UK based music bulletin board and a poll was taken.
(Average age probably 40ish, 150 replies)
The categories were (as an adult):

Evangelical nudist 6%
Nudist whenever possible 8%
Have on occasion gone naked in public 27%
Never gone naked in public, but might 21%
Would never go naked in public 10%
Too weird man. No way! 28%

So 41% have at some time gone naked in public.
I was fairly amazed at this result, given the perceived public attitude.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  09:19:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think a lot of guys would go nude. The "I might" answer is almost a dare. Most guys HATE to admit they wouldn't do something on a dare. Most online polls tend to be heavily male.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/wespennest/2562019052/
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME41quy9_x0

McNigel
Forum Member

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  09:43:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually the membership is about 50:50 male/female and of the people that identified themselves, all but one of the nudists were female and all of the 'too weird man' group were male.

As a side issue there wasn't one women who had never gone 'topless'.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  11:51:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. There might be hope after all.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/wespennest/2562019052/
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME41quy9_x0

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  2:51:40 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just a thought. Maybe the ladies to men ratio in the polls show that the folks on the right side of the Atlantic are more open to nudity and not so uptight as we are in North America I suspect that similar polls here might be more skewed towards men's attitudes on the subject.

Randy

tommyjoe
Forum Member

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  2:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Send tommyjoe a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to see more Minnesotans on the site. Their are a few but not very many.
TOM

sueallday
Forum Member

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  8:04:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A good fiend of ours has a farm machinery service business. In the spring of the year he is out and about on back roads all over the place going to service calls to set up machinery for spring planting. One of his side lines is to find and buy restorable machinery. As he drives around he uses a spotting scope to check out what's sitting behind barns and along fence lines. He has told us spring is the best time as stuff really stands out against the drape back ground. One of the things he told us really stands out is the number of bare bottoms he spots every spring as soon as it get a little warmer. My husband has always said for every club member there are probably 2 or 3 home style nudist and he could be right.

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  10:20:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sueallday

A good fiend of ours has a farm machinery service business. ..... One of the things he told us really stands out is the number of bare bottoms he spots every spring as soon as it get a little warmer. My husband has always said for every club member there are probably 2 or 3 home style nudist and he could be right.

Excellent, now all we need to do is to somehow harness that spirit of backyard nudity somehow. I have long held the belief that there are a huge number of backyard nudists out there. Spring is definatly the time of year to do it in norh america as there is a joy to just being able to go outside and greet the sun in your own skin.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  12:07:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sue,

"A good fiend of ours ..."?

Teva
Forum Member

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  4:43:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be great if these part-time/sometimes/not admitting to - nudism/nudists were to take part in July 11ths Guinness Book of Records challenge - the most skinnydippers at the same time, not necessarily in the same location. Each AANR club has been emailed and sent the info.
Teva

blackrebel
Forum Member

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  10:11:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit blackrebel's Homepage  Send blackrebel an AOL message  Send blackrebel a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I dunno.

There is a difference between being a nudist and being naked.

I one time skinny dip or streak and a moment's enjoyment of being unclothed does not make one a nudist.

later
Forum Member

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  12:57:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blackrebel, I would agree that a one time skinny dip is not a nudist, and a streaker is usually the village idiot. Anyone who does not count the non- beach/club going home nudist as relevant, or a true nudist as so may like to say, is dismissing possibly the largest portion of nudist activity. If a person who is naked from 6:00pm Friday evening to 6:30am Monday morning and at every opportunity during the week is not a nudist, then none of us are.

LIFES MORE FUN NUDE!

Edited by - later on 04/30/2009 1:00:14 PM

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  10:52:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We have found several people we have known for years are closet nudist. So I agree we are more common than it seems.

Diger

free2tannude
Forum Member

Posted - 06/27/2010 :  12:10:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

So last night I am at the local watering hole. 4 of us,guys, were sitting up at the bar and one of the guys jokingly asks the waitress if she had tan lines. She says; no! He says: Do you go to the Fake&Bake. She says: NO!

I then PIPED up and said: Wreck beach is 800miles from here!
The waitress says: I have been to Wreck and 'did it'. The guy next to me says: Me too and I 'did it'. I said: I 'did it' at Wreck too.

That is 3 out of 5 or 60%! The guy that started the conversation is now TOTALLY weirded out by the conversation!

This would have been an Excellent Script for that sitcom from the '80's called Cheers

roddy

Posted - 08/22/2010 :  6:06:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know about other nudists, but I try to be as open about my nudist lifestyle on Facebook lately. I've had a few polite replies, no one has yet criticized or "unfriend" me, etc. One co-worker actually came up and asked me if I've been to a nudist "colony". Caught me off guard but was able to resurrect the conversation where she admitted she's been to Rooster Rock (Oregon).
I'm getting braver (even with my own mother, who is turning 70). Mostly it's because I want to be open with my lifestyle, but to encourage others to take up nudism. The previous posters on this topic may be right, there may be more closet or "backyard nudists" out there. WE just need to engage with them and promote mainstream (non-sexual, wholesome family-orientated) nudism.

freecospirit
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2010 :  05:31:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I find that on a personal level, friends and work colleagues, the reception to the idea tends to be more positive than negative. Yes a few do admit to having done themselves but even among those who are not naturist inclined there is little hostility.

The main problem is winning round officialdom and the media. Officialdom seems to be afraid of upsetting the minority who really disapprove thinking they are the majority. They also feel the naturist matters should have a low priority so won't make time to change to law. When to specific beaches/parks the general attitude from central government is that it is a local matter, at local level they say it is a matter of federal/government regulation so nothing changes.

The Media (press, TV and Radio) still treat naturism as a perverse or risque activity totally failing to appreciate the naturists' point of view. Worst of all they treat nude flesh as cheap entertainment. It would nice just for once if a TV program looked into why naturists prefer to be naked and gave an unbiased hearing.

Previous Topic: Positive report on nudism from Canada Topic Next Topic: Wikipedia needs more  naturist writers  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.34 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved