Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 234 ]  [ Total: 234 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Women - From the Feminine Point of View
 Nudism From a Woman's Viewpoint
 Women Nudists
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Going Grey Topic Next Topic: Getting her to try nudism
Page: of 6

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  12:05:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NCLynn

I have only visited nudist resorts/camp grounds with a significant other, never alone. For me, visiting with a partner made it much easier to shed my clothes and enjoy the nudist experience. Body image is one of the reasons I have not ventured out alone. I keep thinking that I will visit a resort on my own after losing those pesky pounds. Why do we do that to ourselves and miss out on the fun?

Lynn

Women are not the only ones who feel this way. When I first wanted to go I felt I needed to lose a few pounds. I put myself on a exercise program and delayed my first experience. I should have just gone and not spent all that time worrying over it. No one really gives a hoot how you look.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

Dustin

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  05:18:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I have posted under "First experiences" my first visit to a nudist club, with my wife, could have been a disaster because she was the only woman there that day, with five other males and me. It was, of course, a small and quite primitive club.

My wife was hesitant to undress and I did not pressure her. Later in the day, she did undress and seemed comfortable enough. Of the five other males, three were adult "veteran" nudists and did nothing to make her feel uncomfortable. The other two were teen-age boys who were not able to completely hide their need to look at a nude woman, but ever their behavior was not offensive.

I was a bit confused by my own feelings. The fact that I was the only man there with female companionship seemed to give me a certain level of respect that I might not have enjoyed otherwise.

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  08:07:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dustin, It is much easier to 'hide' in a crowd. After the completion of a CO 5K Run or Walk Race about 60 or 80 people remained nude around the clubhouse/pool and there was a relaxed, comfortable atmosphere.

Best Wishes, Jim

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  08:50:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by McNigel

quote:

In trying to uncover why that is, it seems women have legitimate concerns (not surprisingly, a certain percentage of men actually ARE pigs,

I have seen the opposite side of the coin. At Spanish resorts the families tend to go to the coast for the whole of the summer, with the husbands returning to the cities to work during the week. You also get groups of office workers (mostly female) arriving mid afternoon. So the ratio is often well over 2:1 female to male.

Yes, it's the same in Southern France.

quote:
Given this ratio, the women then seem to gain confidence and feel dominant. Again it's only a few, but it's not just men who can act like pigs.

I've never seen anything remotely resembling that.

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  09:12:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A lot of the above posts talk about the 'differences' between male and female attitudes with the implication that they're inherent - that is, genetic, natural, etc. I don't think so.

IMO, those very real differrences are 99% taught: by parents, relatives, preachers, media, culture, and society in general.

How else to explain the difference in women's attitudes in countries where the influences are different?

As an example, the French gene pool is little (if any) different from that in the USA, but women's attitudes differ markedly.

If we Americans could fix our national culture, the problems mentioned here would go away.

inudist
Forum Member

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  9:41:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit inudist's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I find it strange that on this thread there are so many more men posting on here than women. And yes, I'm now just as guilty.

The biggest theme I do hear from this thread from women posters and other writings by women is the issue of body image and body shame as the #1 obstacle for women trying nudism. Am I right or wrong on this?? And can any females give us any hints as to what us well meaning men posting here can do to help with this?

inudist

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  9:57:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
inudist,
You are 100 percent right. My wife and I were talking to her sister about going to the nude beach and her reply was, "I don't want to see it so I know no one else does either".
That says it all.

Diger

CathyK
Forum Member

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  11:23:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by inudist

I find it strange that on this thread there are so many more men posting on here than women. And yes, I'm now just as guilty.

The biggest theme I do hear from this thread from women posters and other writings by women is the issue of body image and body shame as the #1 obstacle for women trying nudism. Am I right or wrong on this?? And can any females give us any hints as to what us well meaning men posting here can do to help with this?

inudist

Body image, social acceptance, gender expectations, lots of things that separate men from women in western culture are responsible for more men than women being attracted to this. One perfect example...men can show their nipples in public while women cannot. Girls are typically taught to be prim and proper (at least I was) while boys are taught to be aggressive and competitive. I was taught to be modest from the day I was born. Boys don't know what modesty means.
Europeans have a very different culture and that's why their women have a very different and more open attitude when it comes to social nudity.
You may mean well, and are making a good attempt to attract more women to this board, but you can't change what is so ingrained in our culture so easily.

Cathy

inudist
Forum Member

Posted - 10/02/2008 :  6:51:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit inudist's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CathyK

Body image, social acceptance, gender expectations, lots of things that separate men from women in western culture are responsible for more men than women being attracted to this. One perfect example...men can show their nipples in public while women cannot. Girls are typically taught to be prim and proper (at least I was) while boys are taught to be aggressive and competitive.

I believe that you are absolutely right on this. Yes these differences are ingrained in our culture and expectations are very difficult to change.

inudist

n/a
deleted

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  09:35:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My feeling is that women aren't less inclined to enjoy being nude than men ... at least women in my age group (I'm 43) ... but we are decidedly less inclined to do it publicly, for many of the reasons already mentioned. I have in the past enjoyed public nude beaches, but they make me nervous now largely because of the hidden camera factor. The thought of my picture appearing on some sleazy website is appalling to me. I have never been to a nude resort, so I can't really comment knowledgeably. Perhaps my fears would be groundless there.

But as a result of this factor, I now pretty much confine my nudity to my own home and yard, or to secluded beaches/hot springs.

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  12:33:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by honeysuckle

... I have in the past enjoyed public nude beaches, but they make me nervous now largely because of the hidden camera factor. The thought of my picture appearing on some sleazy website is appalling to me.

Why? How would you be harmed?

(If you fear comments from friends, I would think you'd prefer the sleaziest of sleazy websites, because your friends would, of course, never go there. <G>)
quote:
But as a result of this factor, I now pretty much confine my nudity to my own home and yard, or to secluded beaches/hot springs.

The odds _may_ be lower there, but they aren't zero anywhere. And don't forget Google Earth!

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  4:36:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am going to risk showing my ignorance as I have done with all my posts, but do any resorts have a women-only day, so that women can try nudism for a day without men being around? That would seem helpful in getting them interested in away-from-home nudism.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  6:46:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes they do Warmskin, I have read one resort I believe it may be white tail park that has a womens lunch. They close the clubhouse just for the ladies, they have lunch, social time and hot tub just for the ladies, while the rest of the park is still open.

Diger

HannahB
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  10:48:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit HannahB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
VLM, my God! It's an issue of control of your own body! So maybe honeysuckles frineds would not see it on some sleazy web site - but eeeeewwwwww! What about all the weirdo's that do??

I have yet to go to a nude beach, but when I do, i don't mind the idea of people seeing my body, or even being attracted to my body. But I WOULD like to control who sees it!

To your point honeysuckle about men and women being equally inlcined to goo nude,in my experience, more women would like to do it then men. We feel so constricted by society (we can't be topless, we have to reserved about sexuality), that taking your clothes off is the ultimate way of fighting back and taking control!

Anyway, I love this board, and everyone please feel free to e-mail me with your thoughts on these topics, hannahbarber80@yahoo.com

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  12:44:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hannah B

VLM, my God! It's an issue of control of your own body! So maybe honeysuckles frineds would not see it on some sleazy web site - but eeeeewwwwww! What about all the weirdo's that do??

I have yet to go to a nude beach, but when I do, i don't mind the idea of people seeing my body, or even being attracted to my body. But I WOULD like to control who sees it!

You can't, except perhaps within your own well fortified home.

When clothed among others, I doubt you're concerned about who sees you, who is or isn't attracted to you, who is or isn't a weirdo, or what someone may or may not be thinking. You react only to what others say or do.

When nude among others, why should any of that change?

As nudists, we believe that there are no special body parts, that a breast or a butt is no different from a nose or a knee, that none of them must be concealed from view.

Don't we?

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: Going Grey Topic Next Topic: Getting her to try nudism  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.4 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved