Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 150 ]  [ Total: 150 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Frequently Asked Questions
 Do you have a question not covered here?
 If I ran the nudist resort...
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: clothing optional residential community Topic Next Topic: Touching, scratching, readjusting
Page: of 2

despido

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  12:00:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What would you do differently if you ran a nudist resort?

First, for me, I'd make sure it was family friendly, and not just for older people. Of course, no sexually provocative behavior would be allowed. However, you can't expect to have the same policy regarding erections whether someone is 8 or 80. I'd let everyone know in advance what's appropriate for their age group. And no one would be kicked-out for a first offence, assuming they weren't seeking attention or doing something else wrong at the same time. If someone did need to be warned, it would be polite and soft-spoken.

Second, since there aren't nearly enough non-caucasian people involved in nudism/naturism, I'd give all non-caucasian families free admission (no single men, though) until the resort well-represented the community at large.

Third, have enough electronic gate keys for each overnight visitor. No one likes to be locked-in.

Fourth, make sure young people are happy with how things are going, and listen to them. They are the future of nudism/naturism, and have been dropping out in too large a number.

Finally, I'd have a sign at the snack bar which reads: No shirt, No shoes, No Pants, and still great service!

Edited by - despido on 12/13/2007 11:41:21 AM

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  02:30:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think I'd allow single women a free first-time admission, too. That's what the Long Island Travasuns does for their non-landed club and it just sounds like a good idea. There has to be more ways to get single women in nudism. Single often means younger, too, though not always. I'm single and I'm 32.

I'd be sure there were activities that were geared toward all age groups- petanque for the older ones (younger people don't seem too interested in it, from my experience), volleyball and soccer for the younger, a nice playground for the bitty bops. (White Tail has a really nice playground.)

I'd make sure that there were nice pools for all seasons and indoor and outdoor hottubs for all seasons, regardless of what the climate of my resort was in.

And, of course, I'd bring all of my nudie friends to join me at my resort. Without friends in life, where am I really? Not far....

Melissa

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  09:47:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Having a reduced price for "non-Caucasians" is the essence of discrimination. EVERYONE should be treated equally and fairly. It would probably be profoundly illegal, (at least within the United States.)

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  12:18:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In balataf's world, I guess Ladies Night at my local bar is unconstitutional. As are Student or Senior Citizen dscounts at the movies. And those 'Handicapped' parking passes? Don't get me started!

BlobbyBob
Forum Member

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  2:18:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NaturistDoc

In balataf's world, I guess Ladies Night at my local bar is unconstitutional. As are Student or Senior Citizen dscounts at the movies. And those 'Handicapped' parking passes? Don't get me started!

Offering discounts to people who generally have less money to spend (students and pensioners at least) and offering disable people the chance to park closer to door-ways is probably fine in most peoples minds - but letting black people into somewhere cheaper just because they are black - you think that is anywhere near the same thing? Not only is it discriminating but it is patronising.

Temet Nosce

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  5:02:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would call it Bare Heaven, and all would be welcome regardless of age, sex, or creed. Members would share all costs, and any profits would be invested in the betterment of this Club. Newbies or visitors would be guests for a day and if they wish to join the rate be affordable. Members would plan and run all events and elect a board of principals to oversee the operation. Of course clothes optional for non nudist friends and family who may visit and probally join too!
Good behavior expected and Bad behavior not tolerated. Card carrying visitors 50% off fees.

go n nude

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  7:08:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I ran a nudist park (not sure if it would be a resort), I would definite hire good front office people who were pleasant and knew how to greet people over the phone and in person. All would be welcome especially if there was enough acreage that women would not feel overwhelmed if there were more men. It would definitely be G-rated.

AANR & TNS card carrying members would be offered their recommended discounts. First time ladies would definitely be welcome at no cost. Ethnicities would not be given any special considerations.

I would make sure I had a children's area including a smaller pool away from the main pool and have lifeguards at both. There would be things that would be entertaining for youngsters of all ages. I would have outdoor showers as well as indoor ones within bathhouses.

I would have a snack bar with reasonable rates. I would have a workout/gym room with updated equipment. There would be a clubhouse/dance floor with soundproofing so those who didn't want to listen to the music would not be subjected to it. There would be another clubhouse with a pool table as well as ping pong table and a library of sorts.

If someone wanted to join and didn't have the $, there is always a barter possible.

It would be my park, but there would be a social committee to organize events.

A club with a board doesn't run as smoothly most of the time as does a single owner. Been there, done that.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 12/13/2007 7:10:35 PM

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  7:33:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will echo Cheri's ideas...and I would add:

- Scheduled activities (as Melissa mentionned) every week-end: v'ball tournaments, petanque, races, etc...to keep people active and interested.
- I'd hire outgoing, pro-nude people who have no problem socializing and talking with everyone.
- First-timers would get more than just a tour: they would get an assigned staff member for the day.
- It would not be a C-O facility. Free sarongs or T-shirts would be provided to first-timers if they so wish.

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  7:50:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like the barter idea of Cheris- I would love to barter with the nearest club to me to work there on the weekends for several hours a day in the office for a few hours of nude time in the hot tub and pool. I wonder if they'd be up for it. Hmmmmmm....

Melissa

CopperQuail
Forum Member

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  9:36:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a simple one: a Hot tub and a Warm tub. Some of us (heart patients) can't take the heat. And a little bit of shade would be nice, too.

HG8Harrier
Forum Member

Posted - 12/15/2007 :  9:19:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit HG8Harrier's Homepage  Send HG8Harrier an AOL message  Send HG8Harrier a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If I were to run a nudist resort, I would think big. I would try to create a full time residential community, a la Northstar-at-Tahoe (except not nearly as pretentious and three or four times as rural) with it's own school, golf course, village, rentals, full-time residences, restaurants and hotel rooms. Now, if only I could get more money than the Pope... ;-)

agde
Forum Member

Posted - 12/19/2007 :  02:00:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I prefer to think small and convenient -- perhaps on a rooftop downtown, enclosed all around by sliding windows to adjust for seasons and breezes, lots of shrubbery to define conversational spaces, sliding roof panels to open to the sky on nice days, a couple small Tuscan-like fountains, a pool table in one corner and a newspaper rack in another, an iPod plug-in station for people to share their music, a couple staff to provide quick manicures or shoulder massages... Financed partly by a small entrance fee to cover amenities like sit-towels, but mainly by the drinks & coffee & sandwich/salad bar a la Starbucks. Call ahead for a manicure time! I'd register as a "day spa" and I'd call the place "Take a Break" (as in "I'll be back in an hour -- just going to "Take a Break"). The theme would be de-stress. Phones, clothing, Blackberries and office politics would be checked at the door. A little garden of eden for office achievers.

Edited by - agde on 12/19/2007 02:06:14 AM

Writerrich

Posted - 12/19/2007 :  03:55:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Writerrich's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, let's say I just hit the Florida lottery. (Right now $38 million)

I'd purchase a large parcel of land in South Florida in a rural area. Warm and isolated! :)

The entrance, welcome, and other areas would be clothed. And, I'd have a nice bar, restaurant, and some other places for enjoyable activities in this area. All the rooms would have a front door to this area and a back door to the clothing optional area behind.

In the clothing optional area I'd have several separate areas as well.

One would be for children. Activities directors and all.

One for families with family oriented activities and resources.

And I'd have an area with social activities and resources for 'adult only' couples and singles.

But, there'd be one last area of the resort where all are welcomed together.

I just think that by separating, everyone might have a more comfortable experience. And, for first time visitors or reluctant spouses it would definitely be a nice way to wade into nudism at their own pace.

Cost? OK, I know there's always a graduated pay system that favors single women but I don't think I would do that.

Instead I'd have a web site such as this one and create a 'partners' forum. If single men want to attend they'd need to connect with a single lady. They don't have to be together, they just need to come together. That way there'd always be the right balance.

And, I know that if a single lady is going to arrive and enter with some guy that she's certainly going to check him out a little bit before hand.

My cost would be all-inclusive. Hey! No clothing, no pockets, right?

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 12/19/2007 :  9:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok...most of the responses so far have been structural (i.e what the resort would look like). But what about management style and policies? Those are the things that can make or break a resort, such as:

- C/O or nude? If your preference is C/O, would it be everywhere or would you restrict it to beyond the pool area? If nude, would you take a "laissez-faire" approach and trust that most people will want to be nude; or require nudity after the first visit to ensure cohesion and adherance to a fully nudist philosophy?

- Singles acceptance? Would you track your male-to-female ratio, or would you have an open door policy?

- Out-of-line, illicit behavior? Would you take a compassionate approach, addressing the behavior with the perpetrator behind office closed doors; or would you have a more "direct" approach: "I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Right now!"

- Visitor assessment? Would you perform a full background check; or rely on instinct and personal judgement when assessing new visitors?

- Married visiting without their spouse? Yes or no? Or assessment on a case by case basis?

- Married visiting with spouse ...and step-children?

Would these decisions be made by Board/Committee members, or left strictly to the discretion of the owner? And finally, would they be printed and publicized; or would it be a more fluid, adaptable set of policies?

GrayWolf
Forum Member

Posted - 12/20/2007 :  10:20:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd try to go beyond ADA for this dream resort/club and put handrails on tricky parts of trails that might likely be used by handicaped, make all trails wide enough for two people to walk comfortably side by side (that would be nice anyway), some wheelchair accessable trails, brail signage etc. Perhaps even lifts for hot tubs and pools. Nudism is not just for those of us that are more blessed than our friends with limited oportunites to enjoy nature as naturists.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 12/20/2007 :  10:58:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nudony

Ok...most of the responses so far have been structural (i.e what the resort would look like). But what about management style and policies? Those are the things that can make or break a resort, such as:

- C/O or nude? If your preference is C/O, would it be everywhere or would you restrict it to beyond the pool area? If nude, would you take a "laissez-faire" approach and trust that most people will want to be nude; or require nudity after the first visit to ensure cohesion and adherance to a fully nudist philosophy?

- Singles acceptance? Would you track your male-to-female ratio, or would you have an open door policy?

- Out-of-line, illicit behavior? Would you take a compassionate approach, addressing the behavior with the perpetrator behind office closed doors; or would you have a more "direct" approach: "I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Right now!"

- Visitor assessment? Would you perform a full background check; or rely on instinct and personal judgement when assessing new visitors?

- Married visiting without their spouse? Yes or no? Or assessment on a case by case basis?

- Married visiting with spouse ...and step-children?

Would these decisions be made by Board/Committee members, or left strictly to the discretion of the owner? And finally, would they be printed and publicized; or would it be a more fluid, adaptable set of policies?

It would be my park and my ultimate decision about policy and make sure that staff is aware. CoOperatives/Boards wouldn't be an issue.

I would allow those who are first timers to take it slow. Women as well as men can wrap a towel or pareo around them for comfort. Nudity would be expected around the pools and hot tubs. However, if someone prefers to be clothed, I wouldn't push it. I have friends in Alabama; she never disrobes. That's fine as the family unit is much more important.

Marrieds would be able to visit separately especially if they were members of another club and have national membership.

Step children would need a notarized letter from the custodial parent.

Single men and women of good character would be welcome.

Those who are misbehaving would be asked to come to the office "then" and be asked to leave, and the rest of the nudist community alerted.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: clothing optional residential community Topic Next Topic: Touching, scratching, readjusting  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.33 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved