Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 177 ]  [ Total: 177 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 How many people...
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: getting wife into nudism Topic Next Topic: naked in snow first time
Page: of 2

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 11/15/2007 :  8:46:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...have you personally introduced to C/O recreation?

What were your strategies?

Why did you make the introductions?

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/15/2007 :  9:50:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Technically............NONE!

I have been talking with a female coworker about our lifestyle and she's admitted to enjoying nudity at home before she had permanent house guests. Occasional nude sleeping and watching TV on the couch. Walking around the house after a shower and even some cooking and cleaning.

She's interested in knowing lots more about naturism and I am taking her some periodicals but she is still hung up on "not having the right body for it." Once she sees the pictures in "N" magazine, the AANR Bulletin and Naturally magazine, she may have a different opinion.

Not sure if she'll ever take us up on the invitation to the beach but you never know.

My stratergies were.....NONE. Everyone at work knows of our nudist lifestyle. They ask lots of questions and there is still some mild joking but this particular coworker is much older than my crew and is curious beyond the joking. She's sought me out for the information.

I told her more about nudism and our lifestyle at home and away only after she confided that she sometimes went nude around the house before her house guests arrived. She seems like a person who'd enjoy it only because she felt comfortable being nude at home at one time and now misses the ability to experience it from time to time.

Edited by - FireProf on 11/15/2007 9:56:31 PM

TravelingMountainNudist
Forum Member

Posted - 11/16/2007 :  12:10:10 AM  Show Profile  Send TravelingMountainNudist an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You know, I can't get my head wrapped around the thought of people not sleeping nude. I mean come on. Is it that big a deal to most people to not ware clothing to bed? I haven't worn anything to bed sense I was a young child.... Anyway, I have actually introduced several people to nudism. Usually I use some excuse that allows them to be nude. Attending a clothing optional pagan festavile in August for example. Visiting clothing optional hot springs where everyone else is nude. I find that once people try it in a way that is comfertable they are more willing to repaate nudists activities in the future and once you get them to come to a resort they are usually hooked. Good luck.

Andrew Reckeweg

b4dger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/16/2007 :  03:54:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thinking back over the years my wife and I have introduced quite a few people to the joy of nudist living. Like a number of others on this board we do not shy away from telling people of our clothes free lifestyle. This in some circumstances can cause the enevitable giggles but mostly we get intelligent questions that in a few cases leads to the person trying the life style. We all know that once bitten by the bug you can never go back.

One introduction I made that springs to mind was about three years ago. I work away from home a lot and the company rents a property for me. I was asked by one of the lads on site if I had a spare room as his girlfriend had to get out of here accomodation and as a short term measure could she use the second bedroom. I had not told this chap of my lifestyle choice so initally said no. He badgered me for a couple of days until I told him that I was a nudist and lived clothes free in the house. I was not about to change my living habits to help out his girlfriend. The next morning he informed me that he had spoken to his girl and she had no objection to me being nude in the house. She moved in a few days later. She stayed a total of six weeks until she could move into the flat she had bought. Over that period, with no prompting from me, she wore less and less around the house. The last couple of weeks she joined me in being totally nude. She told me that as I looked so relaxed and comfortable in the nude she thought she would try it out gradually which she did. In the last two weeks she was a changed person and told me that she liked the freedom of being clothes free and doubted if she would change in the foreseeable future.

All I thought was another convert, this one by example.

Spread the word.. nude is best. Bob..

Ranger191
Forum Member

Posted - 11/29/2007 :  11:03:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ranger191's Homepage  Send Ranger191 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've talked to friends about it, but never co-workers. One friend I've been talking to has been showing an interest, we'll see what happens.

So total = 0. Prospects = 1.

I guess, I'm a lousy evangelist.

Nobility is not a birthright, it is defined by one's actions.

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 11/30/2007 :  05:52:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many years ago, in 1977, just after we had become nudists I was talking to a lady friend whilst her hubby was out trying to teach my wife to drive ( He did succeed in the end) The subject got around what Sue and I had been up to at the weekend. As we had always talaked very openly to them I raised the subject of our introduction to naturism and showed her the club magazine that we had been given upon joining. She was quite surprised especially as she thought I was coy about being seen undressed as she had walked in whilst I was changing at their home for a party and I whipped up my underpants very quickly.

Gill & John joined a week later but regrettably their marriage did not last and their respective new partners were not interested. Perhaps they may give it another go.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 11/30/2007 :  6:12:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pilot

...have you personally introduced to C/O recreation?
If you mean physically brought a person to a nudist venue: only one...and it was my best friend, so it wasn't too difficult.

What were your strategies?
None. I just said: "Dude, what about a trip to the nude beach?" and that was it.

Why did you make the introductions?
I figured he'd enjoy it as much as I did; plus I didn't want to make the drive by myself.

I've talked about nudism with many other people; a few tried it at home, but that's the extent of it.
Cheri could probably make a long list. She has gotten quite a few people to "take the plunge."

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/25/2020 :  10:31:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really only one, my current girlfriend. My ex wife, while not a nudist, would get naked at the beach, and swim naked in our pool in Florida but that’s it. My girlfriend now enjoys being naked when she can. She likes going to the beach with me, we went to our first resort last summer and she enjoyed it and wants to go again as well as to others. She wants to take a nude cruise, etc.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 01/25/2020 :  11:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well if we're counting significant others...

With my first wife it was a long process. Lots of discussions, lots of back and forth, negotiations, etc... In her defense she had body-acceptance issues so I can understand she wasn't "thrilled" with the prospect of being seen naked by many people. Ironically and in spite of the strong initial reluctance, she would eventually come to embrace nudism in a way I never expected. That was primarily due to the way she was embraced by the nudist community. She got to know some people, get comfortable being naked around them; and from there actually started spending a lot of her time naked.

Then I introduced my current wife to nudism in St Martin. She wasn't nearly as reluctant as my first wife; but unfortunately she did not like her experience there. Luckily she agreed to give nudism another chance at the nudist resort; and luckily enjoyed it very much.

What's been interesting to see is how they both experience nudism in different ways. For my current wife, it's a opportunity to relax, get some sun, enjoy some R&R and time with me. For my first wife, it was an opportunity to express body-positivity; so for her being "naked and unashamed" was much more of a focus, so she would often be the first person naked and the last person dressed.

Two different philosophies; nothing wrong with either.

Daretobare
Forum Member

Posted - 01/26/2020 :  05:04:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Indirectly my wife. She knew I wanted to try a nude beach. She kinda put the pressure on to seek one out in Florida. So I could take it off my bucket list I guess. But after some persuasion once there, she undressed. She has been involved since.
Her sister and her husband. Took them to our favorite resort. They stayed with us and went all five days on their vacation and now go couple times a year. In honesty... Probably hasn't been the best thing by introducing them into it.
Our sons. Took them too to the resort. All are onboard. One is an active visitor to the resort and nude beach. Others don't have oppurtunity.
A few complete strangers that were strolling the beach as curiosity seekers. After some calming persuasion they tried it. Many came back after breaking the ice. And then a few in our community where we live. After explaining the real reason behind nudity. They too tried it at a resort. Not many went back but those too saw things as its ok if you're comfortable with it.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 01/26/2020 :  09:42:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since my initial post over 12 years ago...

I never really introduced my wife to nudism. She'd known that I preferred being nude at home when we were dating in HS. When at our house and alone, we'd get naked, fool around and then just sit and listen to music and talk, do homework.

When we got back to our apartment after our wedding reception, we took off our clothes and stayed that way for 3 days! She loved it and just fell right into living nude after that. When we had our first child, we always remained nude at home and as our child grew older, she didn't know any different than to see her parents naked. It was the same for our second child. Though I guess we did "introduce" our girls to nudism, they needed no introduction, they just followed suit... bday suit!

At the age of 12, both girls stopped being nudists because their friends made fun of them but we continued. We eventually got involved in social nudism and told the girls about it. They were interested and want to revisit via an annual trip we took to the Caribbean. They'd been away from nudism for 20 years by this time.

It was the Summer after I retired. We decided to make that trip about my retirement and the girls, one son in law and 4 grandkids asked to go alone with us. When we got home, that trip sparked many, many conversations with our daughter's friends, both male and female. They always came to us with questions and we spoke honestly and frankly with them. We know that some of them began sleeping nude and still do to this day. We know that some of them spend naked time at home, in their hot tub and pool but I certain none of them consider themselves nudists.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Edited by - FireProf on 01/27/2020 6:04:58 PM

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 01/26/2020 :  12:30:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FP's post just reminded me that I "technically" introduced a third person to nudism: my daughter!

Home-nudism never needed an "introduction" though. I was already a home-nudist when she was born so she'd always known nudity. But I did introduce her to social nudism when she was about 3.

That came about after relocating and joining Travelites. We met some nudists there and the topic of our daughter came up. Some of the people there encouraged us to involve our daughter. My then-wife and I assessed the situation: we were all frequently naked at home around each other at that point; and my daughter was definitely comfortable with nudity. But was she ready to be around naked strangers? But the arguments the folks we met were compelling; so we decided to give it a shot and bring our daughter to the next get-together. It was actually pretty successful. But my daughter got a little bored and we realized that taking her somewhere where she could play with other kids her age might be more fun for her. So I did my research and found that, at the time, Bell Acres was a family-oriented resort that organized activities for kids. So we took her there and it was a "resounding" success. So we made Bell Acres our go-to resort for a number of years.

But, as it is often the case, my daughter started showing signs of self-consciousness when she was about nine. Her body started developing early; and she was very conscious of it. I thought having been around other nudists, particularly teenage girls would have given her idea of what to expect; but
it didn't prepare her for the emotional impact. So that was the end of that. As it often happens.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 01/31/2020 :  4:19:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like many of the other responders, I can only take credit for one convert: Ms. ND. I suspect that is more the rule than the exception. It's far easier to make new friends at a nudist venue than it is to introduce your textile friends to nudism.

By way of analogy, suppose you wished you had friends who enjoyed opera. (I think we can take it as a given that, like nudism, the majority of people aren't all that interested in opera.) You could drag your friends to see 'Parsifal' (all 4+ hours), or, God forbid, 'Wozzeck'. My guess is you'd be somewhat more likely to lose your friends entirely than to convert them to opera fans. Or ... you could buy season tickets, join the local Opera Guild, attend a few galas and fundraisers, and meet a bunch of people you might become friends with who already like opera. To my mind, the second option makes much more sense.

calgarymark
Forum Member

Posted - 02/01/2020 :  3:16:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did I miss something? I thought opera was all about elaborate textile costumes.

CalgaryMark
Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional. Laughing at yourself is therapeutic.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2020 :  01:33:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NaturistDoc

It's far easier to make new friends at a nudist venue than it is to introduce your textile friends to nudism.

I think a lot of the people who are "out to convert" people are those who live too far from the beach or resort, are home-nudists and trying to create their own "social nudist network."

That is actually pretty darn hard. Creating a non-landed club is perhaps the best option for those people.

It is much easier to go to a nudist resort and make friends there. The connection to nudism already exists; and so it's just a matter of connecting with them on a personal level. That's not always the easiest thing either; with the prevalence of "cliques" that can be difficult to break through. But if you're socially adept, it's just a matter of meeting the "right" people.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2020 :  09:24:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agree... we've never been out to "convert" anyone but we do, often, educate those with misconceptions about nudism. We know that our close textile friends are curious about our lifestyle but they won't broach the subject. A couple have begun to and when they see our eagerness to explain or talk about it, they quickly change the subject. So have just dropped it.

What will be sad is if we go through most of our entire lives hoping they'd join us and find out they wanted to but we never just came out and asked them to. You could get some close friends to try it, like it or actually lose them as friends forever, because of trying to convert. Hence, our two circles of close friends; one nudist, one clothed.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: getting wife into nudism Topic Next Topic: naked in snow first time  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.21 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved