Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 247 ]  [ Total: 247 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 getting wife into nudism
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: fantasies Topic Next Topic: How many people...
Page: of 5

merrow

Posted - 03/23/2015 :  4:46:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do I get my wife to try nudism? When we were first married she would sleep and walk around the house nude but now that we are empty nesters, she wants nothing to do with it. I have to sneak out to go to a nudist event or camping, any ideas?

Raymond Merrow Jr.

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2015 :  9:40:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by merrow

How do I get my wife to try nudism? When we were first married she would sleep and walk around the house nude but now that we are empty nesters, she wants nothing to do with it. I have to sneak out to go to a nudist event or camping, any ideas?

Raymond Merrow Jr.

My wife was like that too. When she was younger she didn't mind going naked, but now that she's older she insists on being covered. I've concluded is is a vanity thing. She doesn't want people to see her older body. I suspect that going naked has a lot of vanity issues for many women. We may not expect our older wives to look kike 30 something wives, but they are sensitive about the look of their age. Looks are a much more important factor for women all their lives. Just a guess.

No, I don't know how to change her mind.

Naked is green.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2015 :  10:15:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by merrow

Raymond Merrow Jr.

Question; Have you talked to her about it? Have you asked her, "what changed?"

Only she can tell you what really is going on in her head. I've told this story many times and I'll shorten it significantly from previous posts.

I had Playboy mags around the house. I'd make a comment or two about other women, younger women. It didn't matter what the comment was ... it was the fact that I was noticing other women.

First; I ditched the mags. I then quit talking or commenting on other women ... no matter how innocent the comment. I began compliment my wife. She began to feel better, began to exercise and regain self esteem and ... I got my nudist wife back!

She's slipped a little here and there but got back into exercising again, once she retired. It shows and she was getting up in the morning and slipping on a sheer cover up but ... I complimented her the other morning that the exercising is really showing positive results. She's been walking around naked much more than she usually is and it's almost all the time!

So ... talk to your wife. Listen to what she says, what her concerns, fears, thoughts, hang ups are and then continue talking together to get your wife nude with you again, like she was when she was younger.

Good luck.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 03/24/2015 :  1:41:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like others here, the wife was a little more open in years past. Now she will not even get out of bed with out bring completely clothed. I, on the other hand have no issues being nude when ever I can. She take a VERY dim view of this. She feels that it is not 'normal' to feel comfortable in the nude. We have talked about it several time but she, has not/will not change her mind. So I have to be content being nude when ever I can and she is gone to run earns.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 03/26/2015 :  02:09:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have recently met a woman who is very open to going nude at a river I go to, to skinny dip. She lives not far from the place, and is anxious to visit it. You never know what will develop from this. It surprised me that she was very open to being nude from the git-go.

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

ROB g
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2015 :  5:24:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife enjoys being nude. Once she seen what other women look like at resorts any hang ups she had about public nudity went away. Although she is trying to lose weight which she is doing a great job it's for her and not for anyone else. But I tell her everyday she's beautiful. True nudist women at the resort we go to. Tell
it's what inside not on the outside. they also tell her how awesome her personality is and some say they wish they had her confiendance. So try compliments.

merrow

Posted - 04/21/2015 :  4:43:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have tried several times to talk to her but she just clams up. Now she won't even undress in front of me. She still goes in our hot tub nude{ it's in our bedroom} but dresses soon after. I compliment her all the time on her appearance but she says my eyes must be bad. I wish I could come clean about my experiences but right now, mums the word.

Raymond Merrow Jr.

ES_DW
Forum Member

Posted - 04/21/2015 :  7:59:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Merrow,

I can relate to your feelings about getting your wife to enjoy nudism more. I am attempting to get my wife to open up to the idea of trying social nudist at a resort some time in the future. For as long as we have been married, she would usually put clothing on quickly after showering. I always compliment her on how great her figure is, but after having three kids, she responds with comments similar to what your wife says. This did not deter me from enjoying being naked around the house. What I have noticed over the past year is my wife does not put her clothing on as quickly after showering. If the kids come in, it is no big deal. I'm not going to push for the next step be a resort, but it is promising to see her becoming more comfortable being naked. My point is this: Give it some time. If your wife is like my wife, she will have set some initial boundaries about you being naked. Work within those, and show her how relaxed/happy being naked makes you. Maybe in time she will start to open up some more.

As "they" say, it is just my two cents worth.

ES_DW

ROB g
Forum Member

Posted - 04/25/2015 :  8:50:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
most nudist don't judge a persons looks. so maybe try explaining this.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 04/26/2015 :  3:49:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ES_DW
This did not deter me from enjoying being naked around the house. What I have noticed over the past year is my wife does not put her clothing on as quickly after showering.

In my opinion, that's the right way to go. Unless you have a nudity-adverse wife; in which case you have a sincere problem.

I think compliments can work, to a degree. After a while it may seem disingenuous if you compliment your wife only when or every time she is nude. I feel compliments have to go hand-in-hand with communication AND being proactively nudist.

With both my ex-wife and my current girlfriend, I have taken the same approach as ES_DW: in spite of their initial criticism and textilism, I was not deterred in being nude myself. As much as possible. In both cases, they took small steps over time: not getting dressed right away after showering, sleeping nude more often, more willingness to relax and lounge around nude with me. Recently my current girlfriend brought up an issue in our relationship; and so we openly discussed it. She was nude at the time. The fact that she was able to have a serious conversation with me while completely nude showed that she was reaching a comfort with nudity; which would have been "unthinkable" to her earlier in our relationship. Simply, the fact that I'm so often nude around her has shifted her perception of nude interaction.

I think that's the goal you should try to reach. Getting your spouse to "get/stay naked" is a common goal; and it's a bit unskillful. Rather, the goal should be for her to think "nothing" of nudity. By "nothing" I mean not attaching a bunch of negative emotions to it. Then the compliments will make more sense.

Edited by - Nudony on 04/26/2015 3:50:17 PM

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 06/14/2015 :  10:14:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wasn't sure which forum to post this in but this was the closest and most current. As I have mentioned in other forums, my wife is not a nudist but is supportive. This morning I had a great reaction from her. I was in my normal state of undress and went upstairs. I tried on my new suit, shirt, tie, shoes, etc...that I will be wearing to our son's wedding next month. I came back downstairs and when she looked up...she had the type of reaction you would expect if I normally wore clothes and suddenly showed up naked. She said..."OMG...I wasn't expecting to see you dressed already!". It was great.

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/14/2016 :  04:10:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

No answers from me, I'm trying to encourage my wife to come to a CO beach too. I get nude at home on warm nights and try to make it seem OK but she is hesitant.

Not sure about the next stage, getting her to the beach I guess is a start, no pressure, I'll be nude, she probably wont but if she sees other that may help.

Hope there are not any excessive exhibitionists, we do get a few at the legal nude beaches here, or guys clearly perving.

I'll report when it happens.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 02/14/2016 :  08:18:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by soonbnude

No answers from me, I'm trying to encourage my wife to come to a CO beach too. I get nude at home on warm nights and try to make it seem OK but she is hesitant.

Not sure about the next stage, getting her to the beach I guess is a start, no pressure, I'll be nude, she probably wont but if she sees other that may help.

Hope there are not any excessive exhibitionists, we do get a few at the legal nude beaches here, or guys clearly perving.

I'll report when it happens.

Cart before the horse?

Is your wife comfortable with being nude all the time, most of the time, at home? Is she what some may call a home nudist? If so, then maybe, if possible, you should try outside nudism before going to nude beach. If it's not possible to spend time naked outside on your property, then a nude beach or even a club should be the next step, as you stated.

The thing about nude beaches is that you can do two things to curb the perverts. Set up your chairs, towels, blanket near other couples and regulars or find a truly out of the way place for both of you to enjoy the day alone. The only problem with the latter is that you may be too far way from the other couples and regulars to allow your wife to witness first hand what goes on at nude beaches.

Don't be in such a hurry to jump right to nude beaches and clubs if your wife is hesitant at home. Nudism starts at home and not necessarily at beaches, clubs and resorts, for many women. If they are not comfortable being nude at home alone with you, they probably won't be very comfortable in front of dozens of total strangers.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/19/2016 :  04:36:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks, Ill see how that goes. We have a few warmer days coming so I'll try the home remedy option first.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2019 :  8:59:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My girlfriend (not quite my wife yet) wasn’t into nudism whatsoever. When we got together 2 years ago, she didn’t even like sleeping naked. Little by little she has become more comfortable with it. Last year we went to a nude beach together. At first she wore a tiny bikini. She eventually took off her top, and then her bottoms. The next time we went to a nude beach, she stripped down almost right away. She even got naked on a long drive home with me once.
Last year, we played in a golf tournament about 2.5 hours away. We made an overnight trip of it. We hit the nude beach the first day, and then found a hotel room before playing in the tournament the next. This year, I told her there is a nudist resort about 40 minutes from the golf course. I suggested staying there for a day or two before the tournament and she not only said yes, but she’s looking forward to it.

nudeman16
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2019 :  10:24:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you said now that you're both empty nesters she wants nothing to do with it, I'm assuming you have kids, so maybe it's a feeling of loss that the kids are no longer there and this is a way of rebellion, so I would say its not a body issue. Do you know any people around your kids ages or any friends that are raising there kids in the nudist lifestyle if so, maybe she needs to be around them to feel comfortable with nudism again in a motherly sort of way.

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: fantasies Topic Next Topic: How many people...  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.43 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved