Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 497 ]  [ Total: 497 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism and The Law
 Nudism and The Law / Laws Concerning Nudists
 Backyard Nudity
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: My dream law 2018 Topic Next Topic: How will the law handle Transgender nudity
Page: of 14

islander

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  06:05:20 AM  Show Profile  Send islander a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I live in a normal subdivision in Tampa FL. I enjoy being nude whenever I am out back whether I'm swimming in the pool, sunning or doing yard work. I have a 6' tall privacy fence that encloses the perimeter of my backyard. There are neighbors on all sides of me, but they would all have to work hard at peering over the fence in order to see me in the nude. Do I have anything to worry about legaly if someone did see me or my girlfriend in the nude under these circumstances?

Forum Member

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  09:09:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See: http://www.nudist-resorts.org/talk/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=413

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  7:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank god we are out in the "boondocks"!!!

Our neighbors are quite a distance on either side of us, and behind us is nothing but woods.

So as soon as the warm weather hits, we are in the back yard either in the pool or the spa.

We are so lucky, since we can invite our "nudist friends" over for a party, cookout etc, and nobody has to worry!!

It is a shame that the season is so short.

As soon as Labor Day arrives, we plan on having parties every month either at our home, or at another couples home. so the party contiues all year.

During the winter months, we will make a sprint to the spa, and enjoy the warm water while it snows.

It is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Cookie

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  07:43:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are blessed that most of our back garden is secluded from neighbours. Although we had a pretty terrible summer this year in the UK I was able to get out and sunbathe nude without worry. We even had a very hot weekend where we could breakfast on the patio nude. In UK now, as long as you do not purposely cause offence to another, I believe you can be nude on your own land without fear of prosecution. The Avatar pic was taken by Sue of me in our garden.

TravelingMountainNudist
Forum Member

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  2:43:26 PM  Show Profile  Send TravelingMountainNudist an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow, what a nice place to live! When I was living in Ojo - - in New Mexico I found that during the summer time most of the people in the vililage took on a very relaxed attitude with public nudity. It was not uncommon to find people nude on there front porch during the hot part of the day, even those homes fronting on the highway.

Andrew Reckeweg

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 11/14/2007 :  3:52:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We bought our home in a subdivision with a lot requirement of a minimum of 2 acres specifically so we wouldn't have to worry about offended neighbors. Our nearest neighbor is about 150 away and we left all the trees intact completely surrounding our house. Consequently we can go nude anywhere on our property any time. This is opposed to the trailer park we used to live in where we had to keep our windows covered 24-7, that felt like being in a cave all the time.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
Web:http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html
Nudist Blog: http://360.yahoo.com/vealj

b4dger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/15/2007 :  06:23:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our house is ideally situated having a south faceing garden surrounded by 12 foot high conifers. That means that we can enjoy the garden fully nude any time we wish. There is onw window from a neighbours house from which part of our garden can be seen. This is not a problem as that neighbour knows we are nudists and joins us regurlary nude in our hot tub.

If we ever move house, which at this point in time is unlikely, it will be very carefully chosen to ensure we have privacy in the garden and the maximum amount of sun possible.

Spread the word.. nude is best. Bob..

TravelingMountainNudist
Forum Member

Posted - 11/15/2007 :  12:02:06 PM  Show Profile  Send TravelingMountainNudist an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We are actually considering just being done with it and buying a good sized RV and parking it at a resort full time though I can see how the treed off propterity idea would be attractive too.

Andrew Reckeweg

n/a
deleted

Posted - 11/15/2007 :  1:06:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's what we ended up doing (camp trailer at resort). There was no way to practically make any part of our yard private enough for nude sunbathing. We are fortunate enough to have a club 35 minutes away, and we've discovered that "getting away" from the distractions of home has it's benefits as well.

TravelingMountainNudist
Forum Member

Posted - 11/15/2007 :  8:29:55 PM  Show Profile  Send TravelingMountainNudist an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I bet you do! We will have to see what happens. Our life takes us to some strange places in the course of our business. We need to find someplace where we can park an RV whenever we need to when we have some free time away from the road. Like wintertime.

Andrew Reckeweg

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 11/16/2007 :  04:55:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your garden sounds great B4dger. Like the idea of the hot tub, Must pop over sometime. Glad you have a neighbour who shares our lifestyle.

Mike & Sue

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 02/18/2008 :  12:30:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have put up bamboo fencing and grown pampus grass around my rear porch and pool area to shield as much area as I can ,when I open the back door I can still see and be seen by the neighbor next door as I exit but think of this as my little paridise. unfortutantly my backyard slopes down so it would be hard to build a privacy fence but my neighbor to the rear and me seem to be having a contest growing large scrubs.when out in the backyard I will wear a bikini even though I know I have probably been seen nude by my neighbors to the side and rear.

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 02/19/2008 :  04:27:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Surely Bob you would be topless rather than wearing a bikini!!!

WP
Forum Member

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  1:13:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
We are lucky enough to live on a farm, with a normaly infrequently used road and our closest neighbour is over a mile away. We are naked most of the time when we are outside anywhere and doing everything as long as we take a look down the road once in a while so we don't get "caught" if we venture to the front of the house or to the mailbox.

Arizonasnip

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  2:13:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,
Although new to the forum, this subject caught my interest as both my wife and I have experienced extreme negative reactions from neighbors on those occassions when we have tried to go nude on our property.
Unfortunately, we live in Arizona, where the majority of residents practice overt and agressive conservatism. (Not a generalization -I was born here and have lived here for 57 years and have a very good "feel" for the socio-political climate.) For example, We live on 3 acres with the nearest house some 600 feet away. On one occassion, we were threatened by police with arrest after a "concerned neighbor," reported our nudity. It was, however, necessary for the neighbor to use binoculars to confirm our un-clothed status, but never the less, we had comitted a crime, and if convicted, could have been required to register as a conviced sex offender. I reminded the police officer that using extreme measures for the intentional viewing of nudity is also a crime (voyerism) in Arizona. He responded that the intent of the neighbor was to insure the "safty" of the neighborhood and to "protect" the children from our unsavory influence.
If you live in a more liberal area of the country where nudism is an acceptable practice on private property, be grateful that you still have the right to express yourself in a manner consistent with your personal beliefs.
We are now looking at other parts of the country that may offer a more nude friendly atmosphere and simply say "goodbye" to Arizona's insane laws that criminalize nudity in any shape or form.

Rodders
Forum Member

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  07:13:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have a small garden at the back of our house and when we moved in planted trees and erected six foot fencing. We can be slightly overlooked by the rear upper floor window of one set of neighbours, but they tend to pull the curtains whenever the sun is out, probably to avoid fading. We sunbathe in the nude pretty regularly and whilst I'm sure we've been seen by "Next Door" they certainly don't seem to mind and we are discreet to not move too much into that area of the lawn which is overlooked. Just before erecting a fence down the other side, which became needed when the trees started to thin out, our other neighbour who we thought was away on vacation suddenly appeared between one of the gaps in the trees and just smiled at us saying "hi" before disappearing. She clearly was not too affronted by the sight us of us and although it's never been mentioned since she does often remark on our sun tans.

I think the best policy (certainly in the U.K.) is to be discreet and not push your nudity in any way which might cause offence but don't stop going nude just on the unlikely off chance that someone might catch a sight of you through binoculars or from the top of a ladder etc. If the would be viewer has to go to any great lengths to see you then I think the law is generally on the side of the person "taking the rays" unlike the apparent regrettable situation in Arizona.

Rod

Page: of 14 Previous Topic: My dream law 2018 Topic Next Topic: How will the law handle Transgender nudity  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.21 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved