Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 447 ]  [ Total: 447 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Frequently Asked Questions
 Do you have a question not covered here?
 thongs/gstrings?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nudism and Religion, Worship and more? Topic Next Topic: New to this -advice for renting a nudist property?
Page: of 4

jeanluc
Forum Member

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  09:30:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am wondering how samira1 excuses his daughters not wearing underwear to school. Boys in middle or highschool are not thinking of comfort when they see a girl in a short skirt without any underwear. I think it could be dangerous to the girls i.e. possibility of harrassment or worse because the boys think the girls are asking for it by showing their body off. I think each to his own otherwise, but when in public, something like that could be troublesome. If the girls were known to be nudists as well, that could lead to a misreprentation of what nudism is really all about.
I hope I don't offend samira1, but girls need to wear some type of underwear under short skirts in school.

Live - Laugh - Love

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  04:14:51 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeanluc

I am wondering how samira1 excuses his daughters not wearing underwear to school. Boys in middle or high school are not thinking of comfort when they see a girl in a short skirt without any underwear. I think it could be dangerous to the girls i.e. possibility of harassment or worse because the boys think the girls are asking for it by showing their body off. I think each to his own otherwise, but when in public, something like that could be troublesome. If the girls were known to be nudists as well, that could lead to a misrepresentation of what nudism is really all about.
I hope I don’t offend samira1, but girls need to wear some type of underwear under short skirts in school.

Live - Laugh - Love

Why should he have to offer any kind of "excuse" for what they do or don’t wear under clothes? And if they’re harassed by other students either male or female it is those other students fault and NOT the fault of samira1 or his daughters. And I’d have to say that the implications are that there hasn’t been any problems for them at school.

IF some of the other threads are both correct and accurate then there are hundreds IF not thousands of nudists of all ages (male & female alike) who do not wear any kind of underwear. So why should it matter IF a couple of junior high or high school students decide not to wear any?

Also stop and consider that most college students are not much more mature then your average junior/high school student. And as such the gals who choose to go about sans underwear are actually probably more at risk of inappropriate and unwanted attention from their fellow students.

I also fail to see how that IF it’s "general" knowledge that these girls and their family are nudists how their personal choose in whether or not to wear underwear can or should give any "misrepresentation" of what nudism is about. What they choose to wear or not to wear is their choice and no one should be able to tell ’em otherwise.

Herman

openess
Forum Member

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  07:00:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeanluc is correct.

b4dger
Forum Member

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  09:16:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An asumption has been made that the skirt is short..... is it?
Here in the UK a lot of schools have regulation length skirts that are to the knee, at some schools this lenghtens to mid calf so it would be virtually impossible to see what, if anything, was worn underneath.

It may be something to do with the weather in the States and wearing skirts but most girls here opt for trousers.

Spread the word.. nude is best. Bob..

Forum Member

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  10:36:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by b4dger

An asumption has been made that the skirt is short..... is it?
Here in the UK a lot of schools have regulation length skirts that are to the knee, at some schools this lenghtens to mid calf so it would be virtually impossible to see what, if anything, was worn underneath.

It may be something to do with the weather in the States and wearing skirts but most girls here opt for trousers.

Spread the word.. nude is best. Bob..

jeanluc's comment was no underwear with short skirts; reiterated Samira's comment of:
quote:

------------------------------------------------ i have more or less stoped wearing underwrae sine i was about 13 since never been comftable in them.
Although my daughters only seem to wear g-stings or thongs now when they have to i.e to schgool as there skirts are prety short and they have ben or 2 of them were sent home on a few occations for not wearing underwrae, so now when they do they wear thongs or g-stings

Edited by - Moderator on 10/02/2007 10:40:48 AM

aussienude83

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  6:34:44 PM  Show Profile  Click to see aussienude83's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
so the general consensus would be if you can get away with no underwear do it otherwise thongs/g-strings are a perfectly ligitamate alternative if not the only alternative for men and women. That sound about right?

jeanluc
Forum Member

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  10:24:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cowboy, I am not saying that the other kids in school are right. What I am saying is that safety comes before anything. If we assume his daughter is totally in the right but she gets harrassed - or worse - does it matter how right she was?
As far as my comment about how that reflects on nudism, the teenage boy that doesn't understand nudism sees a nudist girl without any underwear, assumes she is 'easy' and therefore nudism=sex. It doesn't matter whether she believes that or not, others still do.

Live - Laugh - Love

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  01:51:19 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeanluc
Cowboy, I am not saying that the other kids in school are right. What I am saying is that safety comes before anything. If we assume his daughter is totally in the right but she gets harassed - or worse - does it matter how right she was?
As far as my comment about how that reflects on nudism, the teenage boy that doesn’t understand nudism sees a nudist girl without any underwear, assumes she is ’easy’ and therefore nudism=sex. It doesn’t matter whether she believes that or not, others still do.

Live - Laugh - Love

jeanluc,

True enough, but we should not be so paranoid about either the thoughts and/or possible actions of some ignorant and uninformed people that we restrict what we and loved ones do or dress. Then we’d never ever do anything. And TRUST me I know full well about not allowing the actions or would be actions of others dictate my actions. As I am subjected to them every time I go out for a bicycle ride. As a couple of weeks ago I was out for my usual bike ride. I was minding my own business & following the rules of road, when I had an 18-wheeler pull up alongside of me. Leaving me with no room to do anything but to continue peddling and hoping that my luck didn’t run out, obviously considering that I’m typing this it didn’t. But I have not and will NOT allow drivers like that to alter where or how I ride my bicycle, nor should.

Sadly though those self same "teenaged" boy’s would think and conclude the same damn thing IF they encountered the same girl out skinny dipping at the local watering hole with her friends. I’m reminded of a scene from one of the Porky’s movies. I think it might have been the second movie. It was an exchange between the Dan Monahan character Pee Wee and the Kaki Hunter character Wendy. Pee Wee wants to know why "everyone" thinks that Wendy is "easy." She explains that she was out with a group of boy’s who had decided to go skinny dipping. She didn’t join in, but neither did she leave, she just sat on the bank and watched.

The point is, is that any innocent activity can be twisted into something that it isn’t, and we shouldn’t allow what others might think. Not mention that it is THOSE very people who need to be educated the most.

Herman

samira1
Forum Member

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  4:20:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hiya all sorry for not replying earlier, first im female not male but thats beside the point, ive never had a reason to make my daughters wear underware as its there choice and what they feel comftable doing, also its not uncommon with girls not wearing underwrae under there school skirts as im told that its is becoming more common as girls choise to wear very small panties ie thongs/g-stigs or nothing at all, i think maybe peopel like britney, lindsey lohan, paris hilton maybe fashinion setters, and also there skirts do seem to be getting short year by year, im aware that some school do have leght restrictions on skirt lenghts usly not shorter thenm mid thigh, but i dont think that its imposed much.

smoothNtanned
Forum Member

Posted - 12/26/2007 :  3:35:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For men, how about trying a sling (sometimes called a holster). It is a pouch with a thin waist strap, and no back strap. Held in place by the scrotum. Most comfortable underwear. Can be solid or mesh front piece. Have jogged with one under my shorts. No problem with slippage. Have worn in privacy as a swim suit, but I believe there are swim suit versions. Only know of mail order sources.

Smooth Moby
Forum Member

Posted - 12/27/2007 :  4:36:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SmoothNTanned is correct, I've been wearing the holster, (the one I wear is called the Jersey Jock), for about 3 years. There's no strap that runs up your crack, held in place by the scrotum. I think it costs about $12 US. It provides great support and is comfortable.

rikkiann
Forum Member

Posted - 12/27/2007 :  6:55:37 PM  Show Profile  Send rikkiann an AOL message  Send rikkiann a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

I wear panties maybe 10 per cent of the time but when i do its usually a thong . My bikini for a regular beach is a thong but ive been thrown off several beaches for wearing it. I find the thong is very comfortable

rikki

1smooth1
Forum Member

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  08:40:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have never seen the sling or holster.Everything I have seen or tried has some sort of back strap. Does anyone know where they might be available? Also if they are worn for support while running is there really not a slippage problem with no back strap?

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  10:25:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Riki,
My wife likes thong underwear also. She says she always ends up with a wedgie from other underwear, so the thong is more comfortable.

Diger

smoothNtanned
Forum Member

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  11:42:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have never had a problem with slippage of a sling/holster under my jogging shorts, even when jogging in very cold weather. Use solid front in cold weather, mesh front otherwise. A certain male physiological reaction would likely dislodge it.

I haven't bought any holsters/slings for a few years. When I first sought a source about 15 years ago, there were three: one custom order but she closed down, and another just disappeared. The only remaining one I know of is Prevail Sport at prevailsport.com. Great selection of men's swim wear, underwear, shorts, etc. but it appears to have become more gay orientated in some other clothing offerings. But hey, they can fit anyone.

I prefer to swim nude. If not possible, then nearly nude. As a lifeguard in my youth, always wore speedos, and so-called swim trunks were what guys wore. Swimming was easy and they dried quickly.

Ever since then I have only worn publicly bikini swim wear of various styles, and never got into the ridiculous baggy bermuda short style swim suits (I can rant on about that, but not now!). From my experience, Prevail seems to be an excellent source of good quality, as I have several. Swim suits can be lined or unlined. There are also other styles such as thongs (fixed, sliding, micro, etc.). Might want to be clean shaven or have a very small patch when wearing a sliding or micro.

I have worn a sling (looked like a black swim suit due to the fabric) in a private pool on occasion, and it stayed on while swimming (doubt it would have had I dove or jumped into the water!). Next best to swimming naked..........

'NUDE when able, covered when necessary'

Edited by - smoothNtanned on 01/20/2008 10:33:56 PM

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Nudism and Religion, Worship and more? Topic Next Topic: New to this -advice for renting a nudist property?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.4 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved