Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 167 ]  [ Total: 167 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Nude Beach Trip Reports
 Long Nook Beach, Cape Cod National Seashore
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Port Burwell Topic Next Topic: Hanlans Point  

Eel Pie

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  3:19:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I visited Long Nook Beach this past Friday September 7th and were on the unofficial nude side.

The weather was great and there were quite a few visitors on this end of the beach. This was our second visit in two years and the morning was very nice.

That changed around 12:30 1:00pm. A guy who had been walking back toward the entrance stopped near us. He was stroking himself while looking through binoculars. Shortly after 2 Park Rangers came through the "nude area". The stroker had left before they came up to us. I'm not sure if they spoke with him or ticketed him.

I was told by the Ranger that nudity was not allowed on this beach and received a written warning. (My wife had her sarong on.)The Ranger was good about it and was almost apologetic saying that the written warning did not mean anything and that it would make his boss happy.

Upon further discussion we told him about the stroker and he said that they were watching him and waiting for him to do something. What that something was I don't know. He also said the reason they were giving warnings is because they received a complaint(s).

After I got my ticket he continued down the beach speaking with others and occasionally looking for nude sun bathers in the distance with his binoculars. I don't know how many warnings he gave out that day.

It's really too bad that people like the stroker have to ruin things for the rest of us.

I'm not sure if we will ever go back.

Big Bob
Forum Member

Posted - 11/15/2008 :  11:30:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

My wife and I started going to Long Nook Beach about 15 years ago, and we've never encountered any problems. We've seen couples and single men but have never had a problem with anyone. I was last there in September 2008 and didn't even see any park rangers. Of course, it's best to walk a good distance away from the rest of the crowds.

nude charles
Forum Member

Posted - 11/15/2008 :  8:34:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my experience going to CCNS, one can go nude before July 4th and after Labor Day. In addition, after 5PM anytime is OK. Herring Cove beach is hetero, gay and lesbian tolerant.

And you do have to careful of clothed people with cell phones. They show no mercy.

ultrahd
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  11:06:54 PM  Show Profile  Send ultrahd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
have been to long nook last august and the august befoe ,never had a problem ,only problem is parking ! were do u park w0 permit or how do u get permit

Big Bob
Forum Member

Posted - 03/15/2009 :  4:13:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've usually gone to Long Nook Beach after Labor Day, when parking isn't a hassle. This year I'd like to go some week day during the summer, but I know I can't get in without a sticker. Someone suggested taking a bike there instead. So, is there some place I could park on Rte. 6, leave my car for the day, and then bike up to the beach? Are there bike racks there? I don't remember. Thanks!

boxandfox

Posted - 07/11/2009 :  10:59:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just go to the Beach Office located at 36 Shore Road, North Truro, MA 02652, 508-487-6983 and buy a parking permit. It's good for a week and costs about $30. Note, that a clerk will ask if you are staying in Truro. The reply should be a firm "yes" :-) You will need to fill out a form and provide an address of your stay. The booklet with a list of Truro's accommodations is right there on the counter - pick any address you like. It worked for me once. All other times I really stayed in Truro.

Big Bob
Forum Member

Posted - 07/25/2009 :  10:38:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent advice; thanks B&F!

Big Bob
Forum Member

Posted - 09/05/2009 :  8:53:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just an update; my wife and I attempted to buy a beach sticker on Friday (9/4), thinking I would fill out the form. Instead, the woman at the office had the form and demanded a receipt from a hotel to prove that I was really renting in Truro (which we weren't). Because I couldn't prove that I was renting, I was not able to get a beach sticker :-(
Starting on Labor Day, they don't patrol for stickers, but we missed a great day on Friday. We ended up spending the day at a textile beach. Bummer!

Big Bob
Forum Member

Posted - 05/29/2010 :  9:47:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just went again to Longnook last Tuesday and the parking lot was closed. A big frontloader was spreading out huge piles of sand, and you couldn't get onto the beach. Went back later in the day and got on and had almost the entire beach to myself. At one point, some guy came by fully clothed, but didn't bother me. After Memorial Day, you need a sticker to get in :-(

Big Bob
Forum Member

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  10:23:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I have been to Longnook twice since Labor Day and had no issues, although we've noticed considerable beach erosion since last year. Both times we have seen a few couples and a few singles there, but everyone seems to keep to themselves with no issues. It's still the only place we've found on the Cape that you can go nude with almost no interference from the few passersby. I hope to be there again this Friday (on my own; my wife can't get out of work) and will let you know how it goes.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/23/2010 :  10:49:40 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Don't forget about the beach across the breakwater in Ptown. It's a bit of a hike, but VERY beautiful. Once across just plop down anywhere on the beach (there may be one or more other couples); my wife and I have done it for years. Only once did a ranger come by on an ATV; since the beach is so flat there, we saw him in plenty of time to cover up. You can even wave to the Ptown ferry as it comes by in the distance.

Had a funny experience there once. This old guy and his wife were hiking along the beach and he decided to walk up to where we were sitting (about 25 yards from the water) while his wife waited. Once there, he asked my wife what time it was. Not sure if he had ever seen a nudist before the way he looked at her. We got a great chuckle out of that!

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/23/2010 :  10:51:18 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, and what's with Mass. and there "locals only" beaches/parking. For being such a liberal state, they sure act like Nazi's when it comes to that, and nudism.

SunTanMan
Forum Member

Posted - 09/24/2010 :  09:29:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have never visted the area. How far is it from Long Nook to Gay Head?

I understand that there is some beach on the Indian reservation at Gay Head where one can go nude.

STM

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/24/2010 :  10:41:50 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The Gay Head nude beach is spectacular. Limited parking there too as I recall. Take the bus; I don't recall exactly, but think it's almost an hour ride since buses are so slow and stop often.

SunTanMan
Forum Member

Posted - 09/24/2010 :  11:25:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Nudesunguy for the info. I looked further and found this review helpful also:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g29528-d208147-r40759622-Gay_Head-Martha_s_Vineyard_Massachusetts.html

My wife and I live in Florida (Pasco county area) but are looking for somewhere in the North East to spent the summers after retirement next year(in our travel trailer living on the cheap).

I'm sure the Vineyard is too expensive for old naked pensioners but I definitely want to check out that beach.

Thanks again for your reply,

STM

Previous Topic: Port Burwell Topic Next Topic: Hanlans Point  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.29 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved