Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 176 ]  [ Total: 176 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 How to educate your non-nudist family members
 Wife against it totally
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: nudism in front of 8 yo girl Topic Next Topic: Some suggestions
Page: of 5

capecodjack
Forum Member

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  9:40:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I should have mentioned that my well weathered body is about 50 lbs. over my goal but I have surgery scars that won't go away and a bony bum. I am not a pretty sight. BUT on my visit to my first club I was greeted and treated with warmth and gracious courtesy.

OldBaldGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  7:23:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in her younger days my wife once spent a weekend at a nude beach. we are nude around the house 90% of the time. we are now retired, live full time in a rv, traveling the country volunteering at state/federal parks/campgrounds. i had mentioned workampering at a clothing optional resort, but since gravity has taken its toll, she wasn't wild about the idea. then we went on a cruise, and the ship had a clothing optional sundeck. it took me a few days to get her up there, but within five minutes the top of her one piece swimsuit was at her waist, and she would have probably been nude had it been a two piece. her comment was that it was a very comfortable and relaxed place. a couple of days later she said that maybe we could try a clothing optional place. we start at one in a couple of months. so, if you can ever get her to just visit, she might convert herself...

OBG

coveresid
Forum Member

Posted - 04/13/2009 :  11:44:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a nice experience the other day with my wife. She was dead set against nudism years ago, but has slowly come around to excepting me enjoying it more and more. She even joined me at a nude beach once. She never used to sleep nude, but will join me on occassions now.

We were on vacation and in the backyard of the condo we were staying at. The weather hasn't been very warm or sunny for us at all and we were hoping to get some sun, but it was still a little too cool. Finally later in the afternoon, we were lounging in the backyard and the sun felt so nice. I took off my shirt to enjoy the sun. She soon followed and took off her shirt and bra and we enjoyed the sun for a good half hour. So I got naked which is the first time this year to enjoy the sun nude. She went inside and changed into her bikini. The only problem was she forgot the bottom half. So she just put on a coverup and joined me outside. It was just a little too cold for her, so she never did join me nude, but the thought was there. Maybe next time. This is good progress for her to volunter to go topless and to even join me nude.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  8:47:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Great News coveresid, like many here have said, you just need to be patient. Just think of it as Baby Steps.

Diger

tommyjoe
Forum Member

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  11:16:24 AM  Show Profile  Send tommyjoe a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Still waiting for my wife to give it a try but so far no luck. I know baby steps.
Tom

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  7:59:43 PM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think it's a good idea to pressure your spouse into doing something he or she doesn't want to do.
Trying to manipulate the people you love into bending to your will is abuse of the person, and of the love the person has for you.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  9:35:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree pressure doesn't work. However you will be surprised at the posts here with some guy complaining his wife wont go to a nude resort/beach and in the same breath say she won't even go nude at home.

Well what makes them think she would go to a resort/beach if she won't go nude at home. You cant run till you can walk.

Diger

The Natural One
Forum Member

Posted - 04/19/2009 :  02:32:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diger

Natural One,

Sounds like the freedom of nudity may have been passed on to your daughters inspite of your wife's change of attitude. For your grandaughter to know about your habits, someone must have been talking to her. I would find the time to talk to your daughters to get some idea of their attitude. They could be home nudies and not want their mom to know because of her attitude now. They could even have some clue to what changed their mom's attitude about home nudity.

That's a tough one .... Good Luck.

Diger

I hope to someday be 100 years old and enjoy the freedom of going nude anywhere I want to. As for now I enjoy the colorado sunshine, and hope to to someday be able to share my joy with others. I guess I am just a little weird. Love to tan nude on my back porch. Neighbors may not like it much but I have some nice bushes and fences. ( No one has called the cops yet, knock on wood. ) Still trying to get my wife to join me. My oldest Daughter said she went topless once on vacation. I said good for you! My other just got back from vacation and stayed covered up, even in the Asian heat.

THE NATURAL ONE

Forum Member

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  05:42:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit 77777's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When my wife and I were dating, she and I would spend entire weekends in my apartment nude, both in and out of the bedroom. She was (and remains) very conservative and I only saw her in public in a bikini once.

Through the years, she has become much more self-conscious and even more conservative religiously. Now she will only wear tankinis to the beach, is rarely totally nude at home, and only behind closed doors. In fact, she has stopped changing clothes in front of me and changes in our walk-in closet. She has pretty much the same great figure she had before and after the birth of our child so this change mystifies me. I have done my best to be supportive and not pressure her into anything.

Reluctantly, but with no other real alternative, I have resorted to being a "male married single" despite the difficult challenge at finding clubs that are accepting of those in my situation. I am not a swinger, am not interested in swinging, and just enjoy sunning, swimming, and socializing nude in a safe, comfortable setting.

Fortunately, I know of two clubs that are accepting, one with no extra fees and one that would allow me to attend their events if I "sponsor" a single female's attendance fee (even if she doesn't accompany me.) One is a great distance away so I can only visit when I'm in that area on business travel.

My wife won't even wear revealing lingerie or sexy bikinis in the bedroom despite my best efforts at a crawl/walk/run approach to increase her body acceptance. I invited her once to visit a local nudist club and she was totally horrified at the prospect and seemed genuinely hurt and devastated that I could even suggest it. I have dropped the subject and will probably never ask her again.

I wish I could enjoy social nudism as a couple with my wife, but that is probably as possible as a manned spaceflight to Jupiter in our lifetime. Regrettably, I can only visit nudist clubs when my spouse and I are apart (either she is out of town or I'm on business travel.)

I realize most clubs and resorts openly discriminate against male singles, especially male married singles, to preserve their idea of an "optimum" male/female mix and I respect the right of private clubs to set theor own policies even if I don't agree with them.

To those clubs that do give us male married singles the chance to attend your events or visit, please accept my heartfelt, sincere thanks and appreciation for being willing to accommodate those in my circumstances.

I have really been fortunate to meet some really great people and even make a few new friends at the open minded clubs I have been allowed to visit. I did my absolute best to be an ideal guest and earn invitations to return (and I have passed the tests and received invitations to return.) Fortunately, the clubs haven't been too judgmental or inquisitive to question why I was attending as a male single (married or otherwise), though being on business travel out of state certainly explained the absence of my spouse at one club.

I really hope that one day my wife will decide of her own volition without any pressure on my part to go to a clothing optional or nudist venue with me. Until that happens, I'm constrained to participating as a married single. I can't (and don't want to) force anyone to accept me if they don't want to, but I thought that nudists were generally more accepting.

It's probably too much to ask, but it sure would be nice if there was a separate thread or listing of open-minded clubs that either don't discriminate against married male singles, or at least will consider allowing us to attend their events even with some degree of screening or extra charges.

sharon52942
Forum Member

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  4:08:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When my wife and I were dating, she and I would spend entire weekends in my apartment nude, both in and out of the bedroom. She was (and remains) very conservative and I only saw her in public in a bikini once.

Through the years, she has become much more self-conscious and even more conservative religiously. Now she will only wear tankinis to the beach, is rarely totally nude at home, and only behind closed doors. In fact, she has stopped changing clothes in front of me and changes in our walk-in closet. She has pretty much the same great figure she had before and after the birth of our child so this change mystifies me. I have done my best to be supportive and not pressure her into anything.

Reluctantly, but with no other real alternative, I have resorted to being a "male married single" despite the difficult challenge at finding clubs that are accepting of those in my situation. I am not a swinger, am not interested in swinging, and just enjoy sunning, swimming, and socializing nude in a safe, comfortable setting.

Fortunately, I know of two clubs that are accepting, one with no extra fees and one that would allow me to attend their events if I "sponsor" a single female's attendance fee (even if she doesn't accompany me.) One is a great distance away so I can only visit when I'm in that area on business travel.

My wife won't even wear revealing lingerie or sexy bikinis in the bedroom despite my best efforts at a crawl/walk/run approach to increase her body acceptance. I invited her once to visit a local nudist club and she was totally horrified at the prospect and seemed genuinely hurt and devastated that I could even suggest it. I have dropped the subject and will probably never ask her again.

I wish I could enjoy social nudism as a couple with my wife, but that is probably as possible as a manned spaceflight to Jupiter in our lifetime. Regrettably, I can only visit nudist clubs when my spouse and I are apart (either she is out of town or I'm on business travel.)

I realize most clubs and resorts openly discriminate against male singles, especially male married singles, to preserve their idea of an "optimum" male/female mix and I respect the right of private clubs to set theor own policies even if I don't agree with them.

To those clubs that do give us male married singles the chance to attend your events or visit, please accept my heartfelt, sincere thanks and appreciation for being willing to accommodate those in my circumstances.

I have really been fortunate to meet some really great people and even make a few new friends at the open minded clubs I have been allowed to visit. I did my absolute best to be an ideal guest and earn invitations to return (and I have passed the tests and received invitations to return.) Fortunately, the clubs haven't been too judgmental or inquisitive to question why I was attending as a male single (married or otherwise), though being on business travel out of state certainly explained the absence of my spouse at one club.

I really hope that one day my wife will decide of her own volition without any pressure on my part to go to a clothing optional or nudist venue with me. Until that happens, I'm constrained to participating as a married single. I can't (and don't want to) force anyone to accept me if they don't want to, but I thought that nudists were generally more accepting.

It's probably too much to ask, but it sure would be nice if there was a separate thread or listing of open-minded clubs that either don't discriminate against married male singles, or at least will consider allowing us to attend their events even with some degree of screening or extra charges.

I was very much like your wife, but at about 60 years old, something clicked. and now I think I'm going to try a nudist resort. Good luck. Hang in there. sharon52942

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  5:53:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sharon52942

I was very much like your wife, but at about 60 years old, something clicked. and now I think I'm going to try a nudist resort. Good luck. Hang in there. sharon52942

WARNING

If you enjoy going to a textile beach. don't go you will never be able to stand a swimsuit again.

Just kidding ... LOL

You will enjoy yourself and wonder why you never tried it sooner.

Diger

tommyjoe
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  12:25:50 PM  Show Profile  Send tommyjoe a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am in the same boat with you. I am 57 and enjoy this lifestyle very much. But my wife is like that. I don't know if I will ever convince her to try it let aloan go to a C/O beach or resort. I guess I'll have to keep trying. But there are no places that will let a married man go without his spouse.

1970Alumni

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  9:25:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm brand new to this site and recently retired. My first thought on reading this thread was, "where have these guys been all my life". Our situation is nearly identical to those on this thread. I've wanted to do this - nude recreation, since I was 14 - and my wife of 37 years has absolutely no interest. Reading these replies has given me a great insight on how to approach her on the subject. Thanks so much to those that have shared their experiences here. At least now I know that our situation is fare from unique - and it will take patience and a lot of convincing to move ahead.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  11:29:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I read through this thread, I am once more reminded how fabulous my wife is. No encouragement, nagging, pleading, reasoning, etc. was ever needed. I am one lucky swine.

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  10:47:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been in the same situation for some quite time... but there IS hope.

After years of trying to get my wife to try a CO beach, she finally went to Gunnison with me in May. I thought it would never happen. While she has not fully embraced this concept, at least she has opened up a bit. She took her top off for a while but was still uncomfortable whenever someone walked by.

Unfortunately, we have not had the time or the favorable weather for a return trip. Hopefully we will have an opportunity before the summer is gone.

Good luck to you other guys in this situation... you never know.

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: nudism in front of 8 yo girl Topic Next Topic: Some suggestions  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.31 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved