Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 509 ]  [ Total: 509 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 How to educate your non-nudist family members
 nudism in front of 8 yo girl
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Any right ways to introduce get kids to try c/o ? Topic Next Topic: Wife against it totally
Page: of 2

curiousones

Posted - 03/17/2005 :  2:16:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me and my wife enjoy being nude, often go to resorts and are interested in visiting a naturist place with our little girl. She walks around nude when our daughter is home and sometimes they still bath together. our daughter will change in front of me and call me in the bathroom if she needs something. She has never seen me naked. My wifes biggest concerns on introducing her to nudism is worrying about her going to school, friends houses, and family members houses and sharing this news with them.

Edited by - curiousones on 03/28/2005 5:02:03 PM

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 03/17/2005 :  6:55:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am myself the father of an eight year old girl; although mine made her first trip to a resort when she was 3. If yours is comfortable being nude around you and your wife, you're already half-way there. Your daughter is at an age where she will understand, through simple conversation, that nudity is a family thing that is not to be discussed with others outside of your presence. I myself sometimes remind mine that "nudity is very, very personal and private and that it's no one else's business." She understands that and I'm sure yours will too.
Before taking her to the resort, I also recommend calling the resort to find out if there are kids her age there. Also, if she has in fact never seen you nude, I think you should get her used to it before you head out to the resort. If you wait until then, she might find it "creepy" to suddenly see you nude (I know I did when I was a kid and my dad once lounged around the house nude.) Just use a gradual method.

Bob S.
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  6:10:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I agree with Nudony, get her used to nudity at home. Take a shower in the evening and then don't put clothes on, leave the bathroom and bedroom doors open when changing, just start to gradually let her see you without clothes.

You may need to answer some curiosity questions, but that is what you are there for. And as Nudony also mentioned, you may want to call to see how many other young kids are going to be at the nudist park. The more kids her age she can play with, the better the experience will be for her.

Kids may talk, but your daughter is at that age where she can understand that her family is different than others. While it is not a good idea to tell your daughter not to tell anyone else where she went, just gently remind her that others may not understand why people want to go naked and to discuss it with people that you tell her she can.

Bob S.

newlyfoundnudist

Posted - 03/28/2005 :  5:21:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,
Not to change the subject but this topic kind of relates to me in some sense and I have some questions. I recently discovered that I am a nudist and have been discussing it with my wife. She is interested in going to a resort and trying it out. How ever we also have a little girl who is going to be 8 soon. My wife doesn't seem to think that me being nude and men in general being nude in front of her can be a good thing. She fires all kinds of questions on me that I can't really answer such as "What if one day we come home from work and our daughter is in her room with a boy and they are both nude" "How would I feel about that""what if he says well I am a nudist". Is there some kind of literature that she can read to better understand the way nudist lives are? I am totally ok with her not being open about our daughter being exposed to nudity, but would like to give her a better understanding why people do involve there kids. Some day I would hope that my whole family as one could venture off to a naturist resort and be a family.
Sorry so long

Edited by - newlyfoundnudist on 03/28/2005 5:23:22 PM

Ashley
Forum Member

Posted - 03/28/2005 :  10:39:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm thinking maybe your first objective would be to involve your wife on a trip to an approved family-style nudist facility before taking your daughter. If it's a family oriented resort, she will see that it's non=threatening and that the kids there are doing just fine in their own activities.
Making your wife have the anxiety of her first nude social event coupled with her parental concerns about her daughter simultaenously probably won't allow her to relax and enjoy the experience as much as she potentially could.
You don't have to convert the whole family on the first day.
Good luck!

Ash

TheNorm

Posted - 03/28/2005 :  10:58:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great advice by all so far. My oldest daughter was about 10 when we first visited a nudist resort. She never liked wearing clothes so she just stripped and ran for the pool.

As for "what would I do if I came home and my daughter was naked with a boy?" I had this happen recently with my youngest daughter (17 years old). They were in the family room watching cartoons in the nude. My daughter was certainly the instigator, but I explained to both of them that while I am a nudist, I couldn't allow nude underage children in my home. They didn't think it was fair, but both understood my concerns.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  06:38:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By most accounts, 10-11 are the age where nudist children tend to shy away from the lifestyle. Yours embraced it at that age? Maybe there is hope for my daughter after all.
BTW, I think you handled the situation with your daughter very well. A lot of people would have jumped to conclusions and freaked out.

Ashley
Forum Member

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  1:52:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not that far from 17 (19 now) and all I'll say regarding the posting above by "The Norm" is.. if I had a boy at my home in the den and we were both nude at that age, I can assure you we weren't studying AANR pamphlets.
Whereas you can't, as Nudony said, jump to conclusions... you also can't jump PAST conclusions!

Ash

papabare
Forum Member

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  01:28:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit papabare's Homepage  Send papabare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
as for your children spilling the beans, we just say we are 'going to the beach', even if its nowhere near the beach, link middle of Phoenix (Well, ok, there is lots of sand, close enough to a beach

My 5 year old calls it the beach, it stuck, so it works. If he tells his friends he went to the beach on the weekend, no worries. He doesn't think its odd to not wear clothes @ the beach so he never mentions he didnt wear clothers He DOES find it wierd that at SOME pools you have to wear clothes. Poor lil guy.

--------------------

Hmmm, need a new Sig, dunno what I want yet

mission594
Forum Member

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  7:53:44 PM  Show Profile  Send mission594 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
papabare,
All 3 of my children ages 5-9 think it's wierd to wear clothes to swim, but then again so do both of their parents. However I refuse to swim when not nude.
Back to the subject, as stated above, get her used to seeing you nude and answer her questions. Both of my girls and my son has seen me and my wife nude from time to time from the day the were born. Nudity is just a natural part of life for them, when they see somebody, they really don't seem to notice whether they had clothes on or not.
Although we just started going to a naturist resort last summer (the first social situation for us), we have never heard of them saying that it's a "naked place" to anybody. However they have been hounding me lately about when the resort will reopen so we can go again. They are down to counting the days until Memorial weekend when we will arive in our bare neccessities.
Daniel

you must first accept your body for what it is, before you can mantain or improve it.

Bob S.
Forum Member

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  6:27:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

newlyfoundnudist,

You need to contact the nudist park where you plan to attend and discuss your issues with them. Ask them to give your ph# or email addy to parents with children about your daughter's age. If there is a non-landed club nearby, contact them as well.

Ashley's suggestion of making a visit to the park without your daughter would also be good.

Here is a page from Serendipity Park: http://www.serendipity-park.com/kids.html about how well kids can take to nudism. There are plenty of other websites regarding kids and nudism.

Here is another site: http://www.ling.ed.ac.uk/~timm/personal/n/opposition.html that actually gives the textile issue and the nudist response.

Good luck.

Bob S.

TheNorm

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  8:30:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashley

I'm not that far from 17 (19 now) and all I'll say regarding the posting above by "The Norm" is.. if I had a boy at my home in the den and we were both nude at that age, I can assure you we weren't studying AANR pamphlets.
Whereas you can't, as Nudony said, jump to conclusions... you also can't jump PAST conclusions!

Ash

In most cases, I'd agree. The reason I didn't jump to conclusions is that my daughter and I have always been honest with each other. She was sexually active in the past and chose to abstain until she finishes high school. She came to the conclusion on her own that she couldn't handle the emotional complications of an intimate relationship. Don't get me wrong...I'm not a permissive parent, but my relationship with my children is more of a mentor than a tyrant so they've never been afraid to tell me the truth.

Montana

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  4:50:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I have been nudists for years, and have visited numerous nudist resorts & clubs. We've seen literally hundreds of kids playing nude at these resorts with zero problems. Basically, kids under 11 or 12 are natural nudists.

Once their teenage hormones start kicking in, however, it might be a different story.

But at 8, all you have to do is take her with you to a nude resort or beach where there are other kids and she'll be fine.

papabare
Forum Member

Posted - 07/04/2005 :  11:28:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit papabare's Homepage  Send papabare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My 5 year old is going through the shy stages right now, most likly induced by his school and thier very negative views on nudity (Some reason they dont like when kids drop drawers and walk around out of the bathroom :)

We went to the resort a month ago or so. After swiming he didnt want to take his speedo off (Its the speedo swim vest). He said he 'didnt want to be nakee', but after a few minutes of being in the wet vest he took it off and went running to the playground :)

--------------------

Hmmm, need a new Sig, dunno what I want yet

twhite5@neo.rr.com

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  06:36:44 AM  Show Profile  Click to see twhite5@neo.rr.com's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm a nudest, the wife is not. I was raised with an understanding of the body, The wife was raised with the moral majority. Introducing that into the household hasn't been too much of a problem as yet. My Daughter 16 and I have a close relationship so my nudity hasn't been too hard geting her to accept me, Over time I took it slow, Leaving the shower door open, occasionaly finally wearing under-gutchies around the house, then down to a thong. As of late and a discussion of this with my daughter whom has a good head on her sholders she has come to accept that her fauther is indeed a nudest, could care less, and accepts that her fauther is around the house and usually naked. My youngest son of 9 has attended a family oriented nudest camp with a friend and I so he does find it normal as well, he loved the pool and found many other kids his age to pall around with.

My Daughter has yet to embrace her own nudity and I do NOT pressure her. She can find comfort in her own time and way. After all she is only 16 and still has that awkward age thing going on. My hope is that acceptence of the naked body will help her understand herself. Thus allowing a uncomplicated human existance el'natural as well as the premotion of a healthy sx life as an adult. My thoughts themselves apply that constant clothing invites perversion. As a family we could do without that. Though stunned at first. She has accepted me now for who I am on a even higher level of trust and I have found that talking with her about teen age diffaculties are much easier. She finds if less diffacult to discuss personnal things with me where in the past there were walls. A true blessing.

The wife on the other hand accepts me being natural with other people, But still is under the understanding that if our children see us naked it may in some way damage there mind. She does allow me in a thong around the house while she is there and looks closely at the social attitudes that come into play. Needless to say I still am working on that problem. I have actually onlt seen my wife naked twice in the past three monthes. we are married 19 years but the issues stem from her childhood. I recall her parents even slept in seperate beds. I guess as long as she is comfortable with her ways things will be ok. She also has weight issues and for some reason is embarrased about that. No pressure is on her but we do have a differance of opinion there. She is not shy. Simply not comfortable naked.

Therefore somehow the kids and I accept her clothed.
LOL turn about is of course fair play.

Tim-Tim

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  09:24:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim-Tim, There have been a number of studies regarding children & nudism.

Marilyn Story, in the Journal of Psychology, Vol. 118, first Half,
Sept. 1984 "Comparisons of Body Self-Concept between Social Nudists & Nonnudists"

Marilyn Story, in Jour. of Social Psychology, 1979, 108, 49-56 "Factors
Associated w/More Positive Body Self-Concepts in Preschool children"

Robin Lewis & Louis Janda, in The Relationship Between Adult Sexual
Adjustment & Childhood Experiences Regarding Exposure to Nudity,
Sleeping in the Parental Bed, &Parental Attitudes Toward Sexuality, Arch. of Sexual Behavior, Vol. 17, No.4, 1988

Marilyn Story in "A Comparison of Social Nudists & Non-nudists on
Experience w/Various Sexual Outlets" Journ. of Sex Research, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp
197-211, May 1987

Mary S. Calderone, M.D., in "The Family Book About Sexuality," states:
" ... with very young children accustomed from the beginning to nudity in
themselves and their parents, a great deal is taken for granted, and it
doesn't seem to be much of an issue to them. What nudity does is make it
easy for children to become absolutely certain about just how men and
women are made. This knowledge is of great importance in assuring the child of his or her own correct gender. The differences in body states and sizes - and in body organs - can then be taken for granted and will provide an accurate image of how they themselves, or the opposite sex, will look when grown up. Children whose parents feel at ease in such natural events as stepping out of the shower, toweling, and walking back to their room to dress are fortunate."

A suggested book is GROWING UP WITHOUT SHAME by Dennis Craig Smith,
ISBN 1-55599-001-0

To some, leaving a bathroom door open or accidentally not wearing something might be misconstrued. It's rough being 16. It's great that your younger child has taken to it and has visited a nudist park with you.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Any right ways to introduce get kids to try c/o ? Topic Next Topic: Wife against it totally  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.23 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved