Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 156 ]  [ Total: 156 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Do Nudists Have Sex?
 Any rules/etiquette for nude beaches???
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Rule of what you can/cant at a gay nudist event? Topic Next Topic: Talk about nudism and sex
Page: of 4

Ned Adams
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2004 :  08:29:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In reading this site, it apears to me that there are a large number of persons, including myself, who could write all most the same words as you did. So there are many of us who share this view and who appreciate the way you said it.
quote:
Originally posted by tommyjoe

I like sleeping in the nude. I also like walking around the house in the nude. It would be nice to go outside in the nude but can't to many neighbors. It would be nice to get my wife to join me but she is to old fashion. I would very much enjoy going to a clothing optional resort if I can get the other half to join me. I live in Southern MN.

Tommyjoe

DARKIRISHMAN

Posted - 01/27/2005 :  8:19:15 PM  Show Profile  Click to see DARKIRISHMAN's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah, i agree.

Jack B Colig

Ashley
Forum Member

Posted - 03/05/2005 :  2:16:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was trying to find SOMETHING to post about today and this forum subject is something I have a grand total of five days experience in observing, so I'm far from an expert. However, not letting lack of knowledge stop me from making comments ever before, here I go. I'll mention "etiquette" from my personal point of view based on my one trip to Orient Beach. Whether normal rules of etiquette are similar, I have no idea:
(1) Guys: If a girl is laying out on her beach towel, I find it very objectionable and irritating to have you come out there and place YOUR towel directly facing the "soles of my feet" and settling in. It's just a BIT obvious that you're trying to get the best "shot" visually and I really think you should "grow up" a little. It leaves us with the choice of having to move (which is unfair), lay with our ankles crossed to obscure your view (which is uncomfortable) or hit you in the head with a piece of driftwood (which is illegal). Be nice ok?
(2) If you decide to introduce yourself to a girl who is sitting on the beach, I think it's much more considerate to sit BESIDE her facing the same direction she is sitting (so you are parallel) than to sit directly facing her while making your introductions.
These were just things that made me feel a little less than comfortable when they occurred during the short time I was at the beach. I'd be interested in hearing if others feel pretty much the same way or am I possibly a little too self conscious and need more "nude time" to get over it?

Ash

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 03/05/2005 :  7:07:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ashley, You're not too self-conscious at all. To me what you've described is common courtesy. You may be a novice nudist, but you have been brought up well.

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 03/05/2005 7:10:03 PM

homenude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/05/2005 :  7:26:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This message sort of brought back a memory.

Years ago my office was on the same floor as a large sales agency. Over time I got to know many of the salesmen and their support staff (predominately female) fairly well.

At the Christmas Party one year several of the support staff came over and were very friendly. They mentioned that they always were glad to see me because I was such a classy guy.

Before I had a chance to stick my foot in my mouth and ask why they thought that, the extrovert in the group mentioned that unlike the menfolk in their office, when I spoke to the ladies, I made and kept eye contact.

This seems to be a lesson that more of us need to remember.

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 03/06/2005 :  12:00:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ash I agree with everythig you said. I have seen the kind of behavior youmentioned more times than I care to recall. I don't know why these creeps think this is somehow acceptable behavior? My guess is no one taught them any manners growing up.

Here is a question I can't answer though. Maybe someone out there has an answer. Why is it when ever I have asked a young lady who seems to be surrounded by these jerks if she is alright or if someone is bothering her she just replies that she is fine or everythign is alright? I'm an older married guy whose wife no longer goes with me to the beach, so I tend to stick to myself. My wife says I've got a boyscout complex and that I'm always trying to help others. She says I should just mind my own business. But if I see someone, especially an unaccompanied female, being surrounded by these jerks I will always go up to her and ask if she is alright and give the jerks a dirty look. None have ever stated yeah that guy is bothering me. Why is that?

"The best dress for walking is nakedness." Colin Fletcher

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 03/06/2005 :  5:54:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps, Al, she doesn't know you and doesn't want you to feel put upon or get involved in any anti-jerk behaviour. She may just be timid and not realize what's happening.

That's the only answer I can come up with.
Hugs, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

John12309
Forum Member

Posted - 03/06/2005 :  7:39:24 PM  Show Profile  Click to see John12309's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Al: I too have played the 'knight in shining armor.' Most women in the situation either a) are enjoying the attention or b) think you are just another 'jerk' with a pick-up line. My advise, from years of frustration and hurt are - mind your own business. Few women seem to appreciate the helpful Andy coming to their aid. Especially when the man who is attempting to rescue them is not as handsome or cut as the ones hitting on her. Please accept this information in good faith. I've been hurt so many times trying to help others....

JM

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 03/06/2005 :  9:24:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ashley,

I have seen this behavior before my self. Last year two ladies were being watched by a jerk, and every time they went to the water he did too. To make things worse he was obviously aroused when he walked by the ladies. That burns me up, and there are many more men out there that feel the way I do. So don't hesitate to ask for help.

The first mistake the ladies made was settling in a place away from other people. It is safer for women to settle around other couples where pervs fear to go.
The second mistake they made was they didn't ask for help. They're many other men out there that feel the way we do.

Diger

Ashley
Forum Member

Posted - 03/06/2005 :  10:35:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for so many thoughtful responses! I'd like to respond to the question NudeAl brought up in regard to why someone in a similar situation to what I described doesn't ever admit to needing "help" when a Knight in Shining Armor asks.
First of all, I didn't mean to imply that I was surrounded by a pack of these guys, it was only one at a time. I'm not Britney Spears so it wasn't like I was overwhelmed with masses of guys who found me irresistable, but thanks for the potential compliment lol.
Secondly, since it was only one person at a time that did this over the 5 days I was there, it wasn't difficult to get rid of the one's who approached me that I felt were aggressive/rude/crude, the same as I would if I were in a swimsusit or a snowsuit. The one's who sat down without an invitation received a very disinterested level of conversation from me and the one's who camped out with the nude version of an "upskirt" view were left to stare at my empty beach blanket because I would then go swimming until they got bored and moved down the beach.
I appreciate the fact that at least two of you gentlemen do bother to attempt to rescue the "distressed damsels" though, it's a very nice thing to know chivalry isn't dead.
Thanks to for answering! It was fun to read all the thoughts!

Ash

ilovegabibbo
Forum Member

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  8:19:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps, Al, the reason these women don't accept your offer of help is that they actually enjoy the attention they're getting from these men, even if they don't want to admit it. I would even go as far as saying that some of us women don't want to admit to themselves that they enjoy being lusted after-it may be on a subconscious level. If asked the question on this forum, I'm sure most would say they didn't enjoy these men looking at them. (I know, guys, we're a complicated bunch!)

I have been at my local nudist club reading a book and minding my own business and have had guys come up and talk to me, or sit near me with voyeuristic intention(sounds like Rocky Horror!), but I've only had to say,'no thanks-I wish to be alone', and they've left me alone. On other occasions, I welcomed their company and they knew I wanted them there without me saying a word. It's all in the body language. In many nudist situations, the woman is in control, even though it's the men who are making the approach.
xxx Helen

Helen
Naturist since 1992 and still loving it!

Mermaid8773
Forum Member

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  08:30:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mermaid8773's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Helen....brilliant response. That is how I handle them, as well. A polite, "No, I'm enjoying my time alone" usually works.

To the galliant males out there.....I am one woman who has let you guys help bail me out. However, I usually will respond to your "Are you alright" with eye contact. Most men can read it well. Big eyes, rolling the eyes, light shake of the head.....and I've been known to respond to your "Are you alright?" with a "Hey, baby...what took you so long to get back? This is my husband/boyfriend/brother/father whatever, and we need some alone time now to talk....thanks, boys!" That works as well.

Ash~great post up there on the creeps thing. I couldn't agree more. I've even tried speaking other languages to make 'em go away. Usually, the up-front truthful statement is the best. "I prefer to be alone. Thanks, though!"

I think I love this place......I'm learning more and more by the minute!

Big Hugs~

Alix

Contact me for your travel needs! PM or email... http://www.secretretreats.com or Alix@secretretreats.com

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  1:48:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since Ashley's posts are over a year old now, she probably has her own island/nude beach today and the problem is over.

I'll not quarrel with 'gabibbo's interpretation because we all know that "jerks" exist. I do recall a time at Rooster Rock that an attractive, female nudist was laying with the soles of her feet perpendicular to the direction folks normally laid out their towels. There was a slight slope down toward the water and people usually set up with their feet at the lowest point toward the water. (Keeps the blood from running to one's head.) Should one have asked her if spreading out a towel - anywhere downsole but in the normal fashion - violated her space?

Natalie
Forum Member

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  3:36:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what nude man 72 said makes a lot of sense! And I always thought that being a nudist was about comfort, but I guess by that definition I am a naturist

Bye Bye

n/a
deleted

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  02:34:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iam always nude at home or beach 100% of the time.

Den

STAY NUDE IT AINT RUSE

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Rule of what you can/cant at a gay nudist event? Topic Next Topic: Talk about nudism and sex  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.35 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved