Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 561 ]  [ Total: 561 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Do Nudists Have Sex?
 Any rules/etiquette for nude beaches???
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Rule of what you can/cant at a gay nudist event? Topic Next Topic: Talk about nudism and sex
Page: of 4

Louisa

Posted - 04/04/2003 :  6:28:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am going to St Martin this with my parents in May. Some days, they just like to hang out at the hotel and I usually take the car and go off by myself. I have never gone nude but am thinking I would like to this year on Orient of course.

I was wondering how it would be for a 26 year old to be by herself nude? Are there any actions I should be aware of--meaning this--there seems to be a division between naturalists who are into it for the sex side (which is fine by me) and some into it just for the freedom of being nude (also fine by me).

That said, are there sort of unwritten rules that alert people as to what you are looking for, if anything?

This may seem silly, but I have been to a few swingers clubs and there are certain gestures, positions to sit in and so on that let people know where you stand so to speak--of you are there to watch, to play and so on.

So on a nude beach, are there any such things? I am not sure what I will be looking for that day- just a quiet day alone or something more... but I want to know how to act depending.

For example, I read something about sitting with your legs open vs closed. To sit with them open is to invite people to stare, often in a voyeuristic way. It is a hint and that if someone approached you then to chat, that it may be understood you are looking for something more than just a day at the beach, maybe later or to go off somewhere.

Similarly, if you sit with them closed, that means just here for the sun. And if someone approached you with a proposition, they would be out of line or it just wouldnt happen.

Is this true and are there any other signals, etc?

Thanks

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 04/04/2003 :  6:38:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my 35+ years of being a nudist, I've never heard of the "signals" you mention. But then I'm a nudist; first, last, and only.

Regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

paint4life
Forum Member

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  1:07:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
News to me... Naturalists are into it for the sex?

I thought
Naturalist
Naturist
Nudist
were all the same thing.

Does someone have definitions for me?

D

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  3:48:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Naturalist is sort of an environmentalist.
Naturist to me is the same as Nudist. However to some, a naturist is being nude in nature. I'm a nudist, I enjoy being without clothes most times.

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  3:53:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri,
You've said for me also,"I'm a nudist,I enjoy being without clothes most times".It's not complicated.It just means clothes free.
Chic

sea foam
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  01:08:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder....

Since I was born nude and prefer that even today, am I an originalist, or perhaps a purist? Maybe I am a bare-ist and would rather be em-bare-ist.

When I am clothed, I am still nude underneath. At those times, am I a stealth nudist? Am I engaged in a cover-up? If peeling off clothes makes me nude, does dressing repeal (re-peel) that?

Things that make you say, "hmmm...."

Here is an important general etiquette question: Can you describe "safe" ways to compliment the opposite gender on a nude beach? Example: Once I was at the beach without my wife (with her permission, of course), walking along the shore and reading a book, and I looked up and saw a lady runner. She was moving toward me with powerful, smooth strides, like a gazelle. I'm a runner, but not her calibre, and I wanted to say, "Nice form!" as she blew by. But I didn't, because I was there alone, and I didn't want to seem forward. I just smiled and secretly wished I had a stride and a cadence like that! Now, I definitely would have complimented her if my wife were there; in fact, I find it much easier to give a compliment that way. It just seems less likely that I'll generate suspicion of an ulterior motive.

So, what do you think (especially you ladies out there)? My wife tends to be a little more suspicious on the beach than off. Are the norms really any different there (or in the club) versus textile-land? There are obvious things not to do and say; I'm not talking about those. But I think guys in general might be more complimentary if they could receive a little help.

sea foam

...nothing is known, per se; all is a matter of faith...

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/28/2003 :  04:48:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with Cheri, I just enjoy being nude, wherether it is at home, at the beach or at the club. I especially enjoy being nude outside when the weather is nice. I love feeling the sun and air on my body.

Kim =^.^=

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 09/28/2003 :  11:10:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the sun, the air, water, and the freedom inside when its too cold to go out. it is like all the trappings of the outside world (the bad stuff)
falls off with your clothes.

nudeman72
Forum Member

Posted - 04/30/2004 :  05:34:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The difference between a naturist and a nudist that I once read (and makes sense to me) is:

A naturist takes his/her clothes of when it's natural to do so- in other words, weather/temperature permitting.

A nudist wants to be nude as much as possible- even when there's physical discomfort created by said weather/temperature, etc.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2004 :  04:46:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You might have a point there nudeman72, but I have always understood that a naturist was a person more into the environment and the communing with nature along with nudisim.

Kim =^.^=

nudeman72
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2004 :  10:13:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm- interesting, Kim.

I guess that might be the exact opposite, then, of what I understood. (Communing with nature might entail going out in the snow naked, etc.)

tommyjoe
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2004 :  10:44:56 PM  Show Profile  Send tommyjoe a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I like sleeping in the nude. I also like walking around the house in the nude. It would be nice to go outside in the nude but can't to many neighbors. It would be nice to get my wife to join me but she is to old fashion. I would very much enjoy going to a clothing optional resort if I can get the other half to join me. I live in Southern MN.

Tommyjoe

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 05/02/2004 :  12:22:26 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Up untill now, in every context that I've heard the use of the words naturist and nudist, the terms have been pretty much synonymous. To my understanding, nudists enjoy being nude socially and/or privately and naturists seem to lean more towards enjoying the practice of nudity in more natural settings. I'm not comfortable with the idea of categorizing those who wish to "swing" with either term. I'm not making a judgment on persons' personal behavior, I just think that these two terms don't mix with the swinger lifestyle.

As to the question of "unwritten rules," I don't think there are any. My feeling tells me that body language would be read the same at a clothing optional beach as anywhere else.

Randy

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/02/2004 :  03:26:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum tommyjoe. Hopefully with a little loving encouragement and patience, you can convince your better half to join you at a nude resort some day.

Kim =^.^=

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/02/2004 :  8:55:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nudeisntlewd,

I would agree with everything you wrote. We usually use both naturist and nudist to mean the same when we speak of our lifestyle. We use them in the same fashion we use nude and naked.

When talking to other nudists at the beach, club or resorts, we usually use the words nudist, "how long have you been a nudist?" With the same people we will use the work naked, "lets go back to the resort and get naked". With nudist there shouldn't be a sexual undertone with the word naked, but some think there is.

It is easier on textiles ears to hear the words nude and naturist rather than naked and nudist. So when we speak to textile friends or aquaintances about our lifestyle we usually use the words nude and naturist.

I too hope that we do not use either of the terms nudist or naturist to ever distinguish between nudists/naturists and those that may be and are also swingers.

We also have not seen or heard of any signs through body language or otherwise at any clubs,beaches or resorts. Some of those we've seen that are looking for that type of action don't usually beat around the bush, they've been pretty upfront about what they had in mind.

Edited by - FireProf on 05/02/2004 9:00:24 PM

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/03/2004 :  03:43:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! FireProf that is a very good definition and answer, and I think you are right on target.

Kim =^.^=

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Rule of what you can/cant at a gay nudist event? Topic Next Topic: Talk about nudism and sex  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.4 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved