Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 237 ]  [ Total: 237 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Society And Culture: Nudism Around The World
 Religion And Nudism
 Nudism must be a secret among church people
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Spiritual   Poetry Topic Next Topic: Wikipedia: Clothing begets violence
Page: of 4

later
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  6:14:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Religion has only two places in this world, in a place of worship and in each persons mind if they choose to believe.
90% of the nonsense that goes on, and has gone through history, in our world is because some fool twists the meanings of what ever form of scripture they follow, bible, koran etc., to suit their needs.
I've read the bible several times and see no where that it speaks of nudity in the negative, quite the opposite as others have pointed out.
I will add that as a nudist who wants more freedom, that church is one of the biggest nay sayers against this. Again this is the teachings being twisted to suit their needs. Nudity = sex, or at the very least a depraved mine
It is a foolish person who of sound mine, and good moral, needs others to direct their life.
Beyond that, what is everyones thing with wanting to run around telling anyone who will listen that their a nudist. You tell people who need to know. Your paster, milkman, and paperboy do not need to know! Are people looking for someone to approve? Say it's alright to be a nudist. OK, everyone here approves!

Edited by - later on 07/26/2007 6:31:11 PM

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  9:12:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quoting Later, "90% of the nonsense that goes on, and has gone through history, in our world is because some fool twists the meanings of what ever form of scripture they follow, bible, koran etc., to suit their needs."

The is very true.

Decades ago, racial segregationists quoted scripture time and again. Before the Civil War, it was the same thing with slavery. Today, scripture is often quoted about the gay issue. You can twist scripture to fit any political agenda.

Naturally, Lester

Bare Warrior
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  10:03:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Later and Lester,

Sorry but if you study history, ancient and modern, religion has not been the cause of 90% of the world's problems, significantly less. Problems occur because people are acting like every other animal in the world. They are totally self-centered, tribal oriented and kill all those they consider weak, within or outside their tribe. They kill anything that enganger's their territory. At least that is what the theory of evolution says. Only the fit survive and there is no such thing as love, mercy and compassion in the animal world.

Most religions, though flawed in their execution, try to instill in Man a sense of order, self-worth, love, sacrifice, and respect of others. Societies which try to ignore religion and make their governments "GOD" such as Russian and China are horrible places to live where individuals have no freedoms and no worth.

So don't blame religion for the world's ills, blame Man. He is the cause of it all.

Bare Warrior

jeanluc
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  4:57:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with those that mentioned that they have not admitted to being a nudist to other church members is best for all. I am the current head of one of the organizations of parish men as well as a lay minister in my parish. I would say that I do my best to be a good Christian (ok - Catholic) and being even a closet-nudist does not affect that. However, by telling or even insinuating that nudism is ok I think would change the entire picture of my life for a lot of them. Therefore I choose not to broadcast my preferances.
This feeling was strengthened when I told my wife that I was interested in doing some artistic photography that may include nudity. The first thing she mentioned was my church functions and how it would look to others.

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 07/28/2007 :  10:33:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One can be sure God does bless one and all, being the all mighty and giving us free will to enjoy life Naturally. The way we were created to be, who puts your clothes on or covers themselfs due to shame or Ridicule.
Who needs to know, will under stand and still respect you for who your are.One who'd rather go NUDE and proud of it.They'd say. Lucky are THEY!

go n nude

Phydeau
Forum Member

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  11:20:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Phydeau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's interesting. I love etymology, and I'm impressed at some of the responses at this post, because four of them touched on something I was going to say (in other words, I like this place!).

crewneckturtle said, "Euphemisms were in use, apparently, way back then.
The word translated "uncover" -- say the books --was used"

There is something to say about translation. Depending on interpretation, "nude" and "naked" can seem to mean the same thing, but they're really not.
"Nude" means bare. Though it does imply "without" clothing, it does not imply that clothing is "lacking".
Compare that to "naked", which means "raw, exposed, uncovered, etc.", and DOES imply that the natural state of something described as naked is normally to be covered (including human bodies). There's another word that I rarely hear used; "indigent". Indigent means "lacking" or "poor", and can also be translated as "naked".

Balto Bob mentioned that it was the actions WHILE nude that were the sin. Even people today would recognize that as a euphemism. Excellent point.

Bare Warrior's entire 3rd paragraph said it better than I could, but I'll use it to tie this whole response together.

Another way to describe "naked" is being devoid of pretense or restraint (such as "naked ambition") and in that sense can be interpreted as being crude or having no manners. This is the sense used when someone puts themselves in a pathetic embarrassing situation, such as being drunk in public or flying off the handle and saying things that would not normally be said. It could also be used to describe being "in-your-face", which is another way of saying offensive.

In any case, catbird, there are plenty of Christian nudists. In the right setting, I'll bet you can find fellow parishioners who would take all these arguments into consideration. I wish I could tell you how -- I have no idea -- but I'll wager there's plenty in your community that really don't mind your choice.

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  12:51:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Somehow, today I care more about the pastor and parishioners knowing that I slept through most of church today than I care about them knowing I'm a nudist. One seems more wrong than the other in my mind. Perhaps it's because I'm moving away in a few months anyway, I dunno. Perhaps I could make it my social experiment to let people at the church know I'm a nudist and see what happens. Since I won't be there for long anyway, who cares what they say? On the other hand, I probably shouldn't mention that I slept through today's service..... even if I wasn't feeling well.

Melissa

agde
Forum Member

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  1:11:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just for reference, recent similar discussions for Catholics, Church of Christ members, and general church goers.

The bottomline with those who share our religion is that both religion and naturism attempt to strip life down to the essentials in order to understand how to live in harmony with nature and others, to put aside what is superficial in order to gain perspective on and to cultivate what is important.

Naturism separates nudity from what the Pope would call "carnal thoughts and desires" and substitutes the symbolic barrier of clothing with instead a protective layer of interpersonal caring and respect. We get back to the Garden, not by forgetting our knowledge of good and evil, but taking the next step to choose good.

Fellow church members may still be struggling with taking that step, but I have found as a preacher's kid and naturist that it is actually quite easy to explain to them that naturism just involves a higher level of caring, of truly treating others as oneself. Whenever they are around naturists like me, facades and vulnerability are not issues. They can fall asleep nude next to us and know that someone is watching out for their well-being.

It is actually hard to think of any group of people more likely to be comfortable together in any state of attire than a religious congregation. In fact, church is precisely where people who know each other gather to confront and think about values, including the values shared by religion and naturism.

jeanluc
Forum Member

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  10:42:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If anyone is interested in a forum that is very strongly Christian and nudists, visit www.naturists-christians.org. I enjoy posting on it as much as this one.
Jeanluc

Live - Laugh - Love

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  11:04:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Balto Bob

quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

The nakedness in the Old Testament is not about sex, but nude. BTW, the original scriptures were not written in Hebrew. Hebrew is the languange. In the beginnings, those who were Jewish were called Israelites.

My new rabbi is aware of my lifestyle as is most of the congregation. The rabbi who retired last year Bar Mitzvah'd me and was aware.

In the story of Noah, the father's nakedness meant his drunken state and included his actions rather than anything else.
Cheri

If the books of Moses weren't written in Hebrew then what was the language??
I hope I didn't imply they were written BY Hebrews.
Also, I would have thought you were Bat Mitzvah'd.
I spent 8 years working in the Jewish area of Baltimore. I learned the varriations from Hasidic to Reconstuctionist. My divorce was handled by Leonard Kerpelman whose greatest case made him hated by most Christians (prayer in school).
I was asking if the KJV & RSV were an accurate translation. Your reference seems to support my point. It was the actions while nude that was sinful.
Most churches worry far too much about avoiding temptation.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Bob-
. You might enjoy a book by Jaroslav Pelikan, called Whose Bible Is It? , in which he describes the evolution from oral tradition (in Aramaic, I believe) to the various written forms of the earlier books in Hebrew, then Greek, then Latin. The translations into English are of course far more modern. There have been numerous scholarly works showing the variations in translation among various languages, and official versions, of the modern Bible.

ol' Hippie

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

nudefamily

Posted - 01/13/2008 :  09:26:22 AM  Show Profile  Click to see nudefamily's MSN Messenger address  Send nudefamily a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Cheri...The nakedness in the Old Testament is not about sex, but nude. BTW, the original scriptures were not written in Hebrew. Hebrew is the languange. In the beginnings, those who were Jewish were called Israelites.

My new rabbi is aware of my lifestyle as is most of the congregation. The rabbi who retired last year Bar Mitzvah'd me and was aware.

In the story of Noah, the father's nakedness meant his drunken state and included his actions rather than anything else.
Cheri
================================================
Hello Cheri!
Seems you are well informed abt the story of Noah.
Could you explain better, to better understand how is nakedness related to religion, what happened between Noah and the kids?
Who acted and how acted?
How were dressed kids when they found him drunk?
Advanced thanks for this.

Notice: This moderator, operating under username 'Moderator', has been terminated for repeatedly censoring or altering posts without providing a clear indication of which policy was being enforced. Her actions were not sanctioned by this organization.

Edited by - Moderator on 01/13/2008 1:47:52 PM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 01/13/2008 :  2:06:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nudefamily

Hello Cheri!
Seems you are well informed abt the story of Noah.
Could you explain better, to better understand how is nakedness related to religion, what happened between Noah and the kids?
Who acted and how acted?
How were dressed kids when they found him drunk?
Advanced thanks for this.

The kids were clothed in the clothes they usually wore. He disrobed in his tent. Dad was nude and the children were I would assume disappointed in his drunken state more than his state of undress. The story is in Genesis 10 after the flood.

What was said by Noah in 10.12 is open to interpretation. My interpretation is that Noah was disappointed that he was covered when he awoke.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 01/13/2008 2:08:20 PM

sanua_chap

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  12:01:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit sanua_chap's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Last Sunday, my wife commented to our female Pastor and a number of other folk standing round that we have a number of good contacts in the Christian naturist community. Nobody batted an eyelid.

What I don't know is whether this means they all knew about us, whether they are not bothered by it, or whether they just weren't listening...

kangaroo
Forum Member

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  10:12:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps they assumed you meant "Naturalist". If you say "Christian Nudist Community", I'm sure you would get a much stronger reaction.

-kanga

CMx2
Forum Member

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  02:05:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone visiting the so called "naturist Christian" forums for the first time should have the awareness that some internet sites are not always what they claim to be.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Spiritual   Poetry Topic Next Topic: Wikipedia: Clothing begets violence  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.36 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved