Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 263 ]  [ Total: 263 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Society And Culture: Nudism Around The World
 Religion And Nudism
 Nudism must be a secret among church people
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Spiritual   Poetry Topic Next Topic: Wikipedia: Clothing begets violence
Page: of 4

sanua_chap

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  10:15:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit sanua_chap's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kangaroo

Perhaps they assumed you meant "Naturalist". If you say "Christian Nudist Community", I'm sure you would get a much stronger reaction.

-kanga

Not from the context of the conversation. The Pastor had breast cancer and a masectomy last year, and has just completed breast reconstruction. She was saying she is really proud of the new product, and would like to show everyone what the doctors achieved, but knew she couldn't.

The reference to Christian naturists by my wife was a suggestion of how she could find a context in which proudly showing off what the doctors had achieved would be acceptable to everyone. I don't think there was any confusion in anybody's mind about what my wife was talking about.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  9:56:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We live in the middle of the bible belt, and shared our lifestyle with some of our church friends. However we have used terms like allover tan or no tan lines and skinny-dipping, they don't seem to have the same reaction as nudist.

Mrs Diger was comparing tans with some ladies at church once, when out of the blue she told them she had no tan lines, her pool is private. No one was shocked or even batted an eye.

Diger

sanua_chap

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  11:15:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit sanua_chap's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diger

We live in the middle of the bible belt, and shared our lifestyle with some of our church friends. However we have used terms like allover tan or no tan lines and skinny-dipping, they don't seem to have the same reaction as nudist.

Mrs Diger was comparing tans with some ladies at church once, when out of the blue she told them she had no tan lines, her pool is private. No one was shocked or even batted an eye.

Diger

You are absolutely right. I hardly ever use the term 'nudist' or 'naturist' among non-naturist friends: it presses the wrong buttons for many people.

If I say I prefer to use a sauna where I don't have to wear a swimming costume, and most folk seem to think that makes perfect sense. If I say I prefer a naturist sauna, they often seem to think it is weird.

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  2:57:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeanluc

If anyone is interested in a forum that is very strongly Christian and nudists, visit www.naturists-christians.org. I enjoy posting on it as much as this one.
Jeanluc

Live - Laugh - Love

I just revisited this thread that I started long ago.

I tried to check out this www.naturists-christians.org, but that yielded that the host cannot be found. This may be a syntax error on that web site. Does anybody know the real address for the web site.

Naturally, Catbird

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  3:08:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is other insight that I more recently come upon. Society in general (religious or secular) is inculcated into the clothing compulsory mindset. There are many people in any denomination who would be taken aback by the suggestion of naturism being a spiritual experience. This is regardless of whether conservative or liberal.

Naturally, Catbird

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  5:43:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We have a recent development that has convinced me even more that you can be open with church friends.

We are vacationing later this summer with another couple from our church that we have been friends with for quite some time. The couple has three young kids and has a very relaxed dress code at home and is open about it. The beach we are going to is near our favorite Nude Beach, my wife told them if they watch our kids while we go to the nude beach, we will watch their kids while they go and promised to show them where it is. They seem very excited over the opportunity to go to their first nude beach. Not at all the reaction everyone expects.

They know our dress code at home and are not bothered by it at all however we do slip something on when they stop by. The mom stopped by the other night to drop off some cupcakes she had baked, it took us a couple minutes to slip something on before I answered the door, so when she came in she grinned and said jokingly “You better get something on.”

We are hoping that after their first nude beach trip they will be hooked as we were.

Diger

mikeknob
Forum Member

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  06:32:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Catbird

You have a typo in your web address. It should be http://[link deleted re: photos of minors]/

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  11:20:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The website has been deemed not appropriate due to content.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Calbob
Forum Member

Posted - 04/26/2008 :  12:43:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having been raised in a fairly conservative church, when I first became a nudist, I researched nakedness in my KJV bible, using the concordance. I found that nowhere was simple nudity condemned, and that "naked" usually doesn't refer to the absence of clothing at all. It often means that we are unable to hide our actions from God. Can't argue with that! "Feed the hungry and clothe the naked" doesn't condemn nudity any more than it condemns hunger.

Bob

Smithy
Forum Member

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  3:17:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote Nevertheless, I cannot mention my naturism among my fellow parishioners, because that could stir up controversy. That is because "nudity equals sex" is the view of the majority of Christians (hence "thou shalt not commit adultery").

I enjoy doing church work and prayer chain. If they find out that I am a nudist, that could jeopardize my standing among my fellow parishioners.

[/quote]

I haven't out right said I'm a nudist but a number of my fellow parishioners know I don't like clothing and If some one asks, or it comes up in coversation I'll say something. If people can't handle my preference, well, tough. They don't have to like me if they don't want to. I will not wear my 'Sunday best' to church either T shirt, shorts and sandles is what I wear every day and what I wear to church.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  5:18:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems to me that in the end, you will be held accountable to your God on your own merits, not those of the church you happen to belong to ... not those of the Scripture you happen to subscribe to ... and certainly not those of any so-called religious authorities.

I figure that God will let me know if I have sinned, or if I need to change my ways about anything. This includes being naked in the privacy of my own property.

I try my best to observe the laws of my community and my country because I am a good citizen, but in the end, it is not the communities or the nations that will determine what kind of a person I was. That's between me and God.

If you don't like my profile picture, then use whiteout on your monitor.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  8:17:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Depends on what kind of church one frequents. Speaking for Christianity, there many different types of organizations. They are not products of a cookie-cutter setup. There are as many adaptations as there are people. God is infinite in nature, and man is limited. That means there are an infinite number of views of God. Which one is correct? All are if they have humble and loving beginnings.

If you are disliked for nudism in one church, try another. Or, you can start your own church, where nudists are welcome without question. Of course, attending nude might be a different matter. Just because we like to be nude, doesn't mean we cannot have spiritual questions and problems that we seek answers to in a formally organized house of worship.

In Arizona, there is a church that fully supports nudism.

Conquest is not in our principles. It is inconsistent with our government.
Thomas Jefferson

olwino1
Forum Member

Posted - 01/30/2009 :  09:20:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Several years ago Pope John Paul and the Dalai Lama met and I was pleased to hear the Dalai Lama say to the Pope that religion is like water . There are many forms of water like ice , rivers , streams and oceans . All are water they just come in different forms .

n/a
deleted

Posted - 01/30/2009 :  10:38:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All are water they just come in different forms

And they all quench your thirst equally well. Or conversely, you can drown in any of them just as easily ...

If you don't like my profile picture, then use whiteout on your monitor.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 01/31/2009 :  3:15:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was in error in a previous post. It was not a church in Arizona, but rather a religious group that exists there. They are Christians.

Here is their link for your perusal:
http://www.libchrist.com/bible/nudity.html" target="_blank"> br / http://www.libchrist.com/bible/nudity.html

Conquest is not in our principles. It is inconsistent with our government.
Thomas Jefferson

Edited by - Warmskin on 01/31/2009 3:16:55 PM

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Spiritual   Poetry Topic Next Topic: Wikipedia: Clothing begets violence  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved