Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 172 ]  [ Total: 172 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Playlinda or Apollo
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: talk of closings Topic Next Topic: Pirates Cove
Page: of 7

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2007 :  5:42:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cheri,

I just tried voting again and the total went from 1770 to 1771 so the voting is still open, but I don't think anything will be done with the results.

Diger

nomad6
Forum Member

Posted - 11/24/2007 :  05:45:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ill vote if someone tells me how. real cold here cant wait for warm weather. tried laying out in privacy fence and that definitely didnt work lol

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/24/2007 :  08:09:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nomad6

ill vote if someone tells me how. real cold here cant wait for warm weather. tried laying out in privacy fence and that definitely didnt work lol

I was able to vote with the count now almost 2100.

To vote, go to http://www.wesh.com/news/14300191/detail.html?subid=10100244.

Under the picture you see a section labeled "Nude Sunbathing" with two links following. The survey is the second link there.

nomad6
Forum Member

Posted - 11/30/2007 :  02:59:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i tried voting on the article you posted. it wouldnt count my vote or even give me the vote count.i dont know if a lot of the people in new smyrna are aware of the nude part of the beach having not live there

nukansun

Posted - 12/01/2007 :  12:46:43 AM  Show Profile  Send nukansun an AOL message  Send nukansun a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Having lived in Titusville for a couple of years I've visited both Playalinda and Apollo beaches. I didn't find any problems with the local law enforcement but heard all the stories of the local sheriff deputies issuing summons to people who were nude on Playalinda. I have seen some less than appropriate behaviors among some of the beach goers ("Get a room!") which doesn't help in the least. The biggest problem with Apollo Beach is the parking. The Park Police strictly enforce parking and even manage it to the point that you can't wait for someone to exit a space... you have to keep moving. While parking patrol is good, the limited number of spaces keeps usage down. BTW... crossover 5 at Apollo (the last crossover/parking area) is 2 miles from crossover 4. I used to take a bike and park at 4 and ride to 5 until 4 became totally overcrowded, too. All that said I'd take Apollo Beach over Playalinda any day. Less crowded, good swimming (just ask the sharks!) and a fantastic beach area to lay out on or just to walk along.

das

badbugs
Forum Member

Posted - 12/03/2007 :  7:13:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it looks like the Brevard County Police are threatening to ticket and or arrest anyone found nude at Playlinda Beach. Just saw it on the local news and thought ya'll might be interested. I'll keep an eye on it to see what developes.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 12/05/2007 :  9:07:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This is an Email from Bob Morton Executive Director of the NAC, to a friend of ours when she asked him if the news was true.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a word, no. It's true that Brevard County has been making noises about enforcing the anti-nudity ordinance that was passed in 1995. They've been saying they're going to do that for years. However (and this is a very big however), not a single ticket has actually been issued this year during the county's recent posturing.

Don't get me wrong; this is a serious issue, and NAC is taking it seriously. Meanwhile, the management of Canaveral National Seashore is not on our side, and that makes things worse. NAC has retained a lobbyist in Washington D.C. to help fight that aspect of things.

Throughout it all, we have to recognize that situations are not always as local authorities represent them to the press. This is a really good example of that.

I hope things are going well on your mountain!

Bob

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The NAC does a lot to fight for our favorite places so all beach lovers should join and support them with our money.

Diger

Edited by - Diger on 12/05/2007 9:09:20 PM

nomad6
Forum Member

Posted - 12/06/2007 :  08:47:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we tryto always be friendly with the rangers whether theyre on their 4 wheelers or the workers checking on the turtle mounds

Omoo

Posted - 07/27/2008 :  08:47:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are visiting Playlinda say hello to Bob and sign his petition (look for the flags). He is petitioning to recall Superintendent Carol Clark and Chief Ranger Eric Lugo. The rangers have moved the back country sign way south but a back country pass is only an additional $2 at the ranger station.

I have been to Apollo but much prefer Playlinda. It is more crowded but not so much as to be a bother and it is nice to be able to park although occasionally we have to use lot 12.

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  10:24:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apollo and Playalinda

My wife and I just returned from a few days in Florida and we visited both Apollo and Playalinda beaches each day for 4 days. I would like to offer the following comments about each.

Past comments saying that Playalina is superior are spot on. The beach had considerable debris – seaweed (or whatever) both in the water and on the beach, that made it a little littered, it was still better than Apollo. Also it is a closer walk from the car to the beach. There appeared to be more people there, and I talked to a few folks – none were aware of any problems with authorities for many years. When we arrived one day, a ranger was on the boardwalk keeping an eye on someone down the beach, but people were still without clothing with no problem. I also talked with one person who was not aware that #13 was a clothing optional area. Seems odd that there would be no signage. We were there the third week in October – there were few or no cars in most of the parking lots but #13 was fairly busy – but never close to full. The one thing that surprised me was that in another post I read said it was 20 miles from the entry to #13. I did not measure it, but I think it was way less than 10 – seems longer because the speed limit is 35. The beach is not as long as I thought it would be. From crossover 13, we walked down (north), until we came to a sign that says something like “past this point you need to acquire a back woods permit”. That was definitely less than ¼ mile. Several days the seaweed in the water made swimming or just walking in the water undesirable – but few people actually go in the water at the CO beach anyway.

Apollo is a much “skinnier” beach – the beach from the water to the dunes is very short and several times the tide coming in got folks on blankets wet. As mentioned elsewhere, parking is limited to about 23 spots but were not close to being full in October. It seems like a long walk from the crossover to the clothing optional area of the beach 200 yards(?). Furthermore, the CO area is no longer marked – a guy said the sign was stolen about a year ago. We will went to Apollo because it was closer to where we were staying in New Smyrna Beach. We bought the annual pass for $35 and had free access to both Apollo and Playalinda for a year. The other thing we liked about Apollo was there appeared to be more couples there – at least most days. Apollo did not have the debis and seaweed that we saw at Playalinda. But, it was more difficult to find a decent place to lay out our blanket/towels because of the skinnyness of the beach.

We definitely will go back to both beaches, but Playalinda will certainly be our first choice and we will try to have a place closer to it. As the crow flies, the two beaches are probably only 10 (?) miles apart, but to drive from the Apollo CO area to the Playalinda CO area is probably 50 miles.

Past comments mentioned the gay population. I’m not very astute regading gays (no GAYDAR ?) but I did not notice anyone on either beach that appeared to cruising for gay companionship.

As a side comment, we visited Gunnison beach in New Jersey earlier this year. That beach blows away both Apollo and Playalinda in every aspect. Beautiful deep beach, well maintained, well used, good mix of couples and singles, fabulous view of Manhatten, a stand that sells beer and drinks in the summer etc. You should definitely put it on you list of “must visits”. We were there in the middle of September and it was still well attended. Still a pretty good hike from the parking lot though.

hernandocpl
Forum Member

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  10:52:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we have been going to P'linda for several yrs after moving here from Europe. Its only been in the last few yrs that the official view was hardened up. We have never seen anything other than kids adults and old uns have fun in the sun, naturaly.

Nudists always have had to go that extra distance, people that want to be "offended" also go that extra distance. Sad isnt it

Live love and have fun

newlynude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  1:50:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I were at Playalinda on 10/25 and were disappointed. The seaweed was a problem...it was difficult to even find a good place to set up our station. Not very many people there and did not feel comfortable taking a walk on the beach. We had a much better time where we stayed for the weekend (Cypress Cove). Will try Gunnison when we can...sounds like a lot of fun.

hernandocpl
Forum Member

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  3:51:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow, where has all the weed come from, was clean as heck last summer......has a storm blown it all up?

Live love and have fun

nudeintpa
Forum Member

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  09:16:09 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeintpa a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Seaweed comes and goes with the tides.

hernandocpl
Forum Member

Posted - 11/10/2008 :  12:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
really, gosh!

Live love and have fun

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: talk of closings Topic Next Topic: Pirates Cove  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.5 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved