Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 411 ]  [ Total: 411 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Playlinda or Apollo
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: talk of closings Topic Next Topic: Pirates Cove
Page: of 7

NJtoNH
Forum Member

Posted - 06/23/2007 :  7:29:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am heading down to Florida for a conference on July 7th, which is a Saturday. I will be getting in at 9:30a and I am planning on heading to Playlinda or Apollo beach. Does anyone have any recommendations? I do not think I will get there until around 11 am. Will I have issues with parking? Does anyone have any thoughts? My back plan was to head to either - - Resort or - - on the west coast for the day. Thanks ahead of time.

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/24/2007 :  3:23:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You didn't say where you were landing. If it's Orlando and with Saturday traffic, you're about 1.5 hrs away from Apollo. I can't speak for Playalinda. We just spent 9 days on Apollo -- it was awesome, but the parking lot will be full at 11:00 a.m. but will start slowly emptying around 2:00 p.m.

NJtoNH
Forum Member

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  6:31:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am landing in Orlando. I am sure it will be worth the hour and a half but the parking issue is scaring me a bit. Maybe I will head to - - or - -. Thanks for the input about the traffic

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  05:49:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We love Apollo, and have been there many times. That said, it's highly unlikely you'll find a parking spot at that time of day, especially on a Saturday.

Dream big, but don't get caught nappin' - Webb Wilder

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  07:33:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cyprus Cove is closer than either - - or - -. I'd guess it is 45-60 min from the airport, the east coast beaches about 60 and the other two resorts closer to 90 minutes or more. Unless you are heading west for your conference.....

Edited by - bornnude on 06/27/2007 07:23:05 AM

NJtoNH
Forum Member

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  7:38:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri,

I am a 35 yo married man with two children. I will however be traveling to my conference alone. It is certainly more appealing to spend less time in the car and also spend my time in nicer surroundings. It does appear that my traveling as essentially a single male might be an issue. I am not a member of ANR or TNS because I only typically have a few times a year to enjoy the lifestyle. After reading the site I am not so sure I would be permitted on the property. Can anyone speak from experience?

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  07:22:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

quote:
Originally posted by bornnude

Cyprus Gardens is closer than either - - or - -.

I think you mean Cypress Cove ...

Yes... oops... I corrected it.

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  09:14:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Getting back to the topic of Apollo vs Playalinda, my wife and I just spent 9 days at Apollo and it was absolutely great. True, parking is limited, but it has the beneficial effect of crowd control. If you're willing to pay the dues, i.e., get there early (or later when the surf fishermen leave) you'll like it. From what the Apollo regulars told me, theirs is a much nicer and laid back atmosphere than what one would encounter at Playalinda. I wouldn't know since I've never been to Playalinda. For those who are planning ovenight stays, Apollo has the added benefit of being right next to New Smyrna Beach with all of its condos,restaurants, and an overall atmosphere not found in Playalinda's nearby Titusville.

newlynude
Forum Member

Posted - 07/28/2007 :  09:11:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We will be traveling to Orlando soon and I want to spend one day at Cypress Cove and one day at either Apollo or Playalinda. Can someone who has been to both these beaches recently please summarize the differences...amount of people, etc. I know Apollo is "legal" and Playalinda is not. Does that pose a problem? Thanks for any insight.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  7:51:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like trouble is back at Playalinda, here is a report of Rangers giving tickets there.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21207135/

This is very disturbing cause the Rangers have always been tolerant.

A video of the news cast can be found at this link

http://www.wesh.com/video/index.html

Diger

Edited by - Diger on 10/09/2007 8:01:01 PM

newlynude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  10:01:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a shame! We were just there a couple of weeks ago. The nude beach was very populated and there were miles and miles of deserted beaches to the south. No one was bothering each other, no lewd conduct, just fun in the sun. I hate to think about not being able to go back there. Please update as more news comes up about this.

nomad6
Forum Member

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  1:39:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the last time we were at apollo beach there was rumors that there was buzz at the beach. We heard all kinds of rumors from the protesters getting there at 6am parkinh cars in the few spaces so we couldnt enjoy the co part

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 10/11/2007 :  2:35:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I found a link that has the story plus the video and a survey, (Should nude sunbathing be allowed at Playalinda?)

http://www.wesh.com/news/14300191/detail.html?subid=10100244

Please Vote we are ahead 79% to 21%.

Diger

frogger47

Posted - 10/11/2007 :  4:09:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This has been an ongoing problem at Playlinda and the Titusville area. Many years ago my wife and I lived in Titusville and went to playlinda on many occasions.The drive to the beach from Titusville was long and the 'nude' area was so far up the beach area I never could see what the fuss was about.How ever the short minded people from the area and those that didn't live there would always stir up trouble.I don't remember the date but my wife and I went to a city council meeting that was to address the idea of a designated nude area. We were not nudists at the time;my wife still isn't; but always felt everyone has a right to their followings.I couldn't understand why the city of Titusville was getting involved;it is in the canaveral reserve a federal land area.Needless to say our side didn't win infact the council tried anyway they could to make sure we could not get our point across.I see that the pole for a nude beach is about 79 or 80%. Not only that but at the same meeting it was proposed to regulate swimming suits that would be acceptable.No thongs,no suit that exposed anymore than a certain area of the breast not including the nipple. I voluntered to be a clothes police and would gladly measure the criminal elements lack of material and would severly scold them and lead them back to the rightous road.That area has a lot of bible thumpers living there.
I was managing a 5&10 store at the time (no longer in bussiness) and tried to point out that since a lot of my sales were to tourists which inlude beach wear they ,the city council,were dictating what I could or could not sell not my idea of free enterprise.I was told I could sell the suits my customers just could not wear them to the beach.

nomad6
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2007 :  09:21:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
diger where do you vote on the apollo beach and playlinda beach problems

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2007 :  10:11:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nomad6

diger where do you vote on the apollo beach and playlinda beach problems

Since the original post was made over a month ago, I sincerely doubt if the voting is stil open.

Happy holiday season,
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: talk of closings Topic Next Topic: Pirates Cove  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.3 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved