Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 159 ]  [ Total: 159 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Etiquette and Grooming for the Nudist
 Do you sit naked on the furniture at home?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Newbie Topic Next Topic: Question about dancing at resorts
Page: of 5

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/30/2014 :  3:42:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Paddy I'm with you... we just bought new couches and that is why we picked the fabric we did. We brought a big swatch of it home and sat on it to see how it felt. We are clean and we don't have to worry about other peoples germs so why not.

BTW Warmskin... have you tried putting your dishes in the bottom of the shower while you shower, you can kill two birds with one stone and save water too. It works really well. LOL

Diger

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 01/30/2014 :  7:04:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We all sit naked on our furniture as do most of our friends. We assume that everyone showers and bathes correctly. I understand the rule at clubs and resort regarding a towel wherever you sit, but in our own home its family and friends so we don't worry about it.

Jenn

HomeNudist
Forum Member

Posted - 01/31/2014 :  12:04:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also make every effort to stay clean. But I still went to the fabric store and purchased 3 yards of a fleece printed with the logos and emblems of my favorite football team. It makes a perfect soft throw that I keep on my recliner.

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 01/31/2014 :  09:33:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by allnaturalwife

We all sit naked on our furniture as do most of our friends. We assume that everyone showers and bathes correctly. I understand the rule at clubs and resort regarding a towel wherever you sit, but in our own home its family and friends so we don't worry about it.

Jenn

I'm with you Jenn. Most of the time I just sit on the furniture bare. I'm respectably clean. My back side is as clean as my hands and arms, perhaps more clean than hands.

The exception is when I come in from mowing the lawn or other chores in summer sun. I throw a towel over my vinyl chair to collect sweat and help me cool off.

Bob

Naked is green.

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 01/31/2014 :  09:36:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EuroTim

As for being clean, here in Italy everyone has a bidet, the greatest invention since the indoor toilet!

I put a bidet a few years ago. I'm clean and washed ever since. I really miss it when I'm traveling and have to go somewhere else. Most homes in the US are built cheap. A bidet should be a basic necessity of life.

Bob

Naked is green.

TallTim
Forum Member

Posted - 02/01/2014 :  11:52:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I throw towels down simply because I sweat into the fabric. We don't use much in the way of A/C during the summer just fans.

Tim

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2014 :  09:28:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Mark,

This thread was asking a question if you did or didn't, it's not a place to scold anyone for their choice in the matter.

Hope you were not meaning to come across as harsh as you actually did.

Diger

Edited by - Diger on 02/02/2014 09:29:21 AM

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2014 :  10:05:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mark85304

Think about what you are asking....would you intentionally put your genitals and anus on something where you expect others will also sit? More importantly, would you want to sit on something that others have placed their genitals and anus on? Didn't think so. So why would it be okay in your home if others might sit there, too.

There are people who won't put their hand on a shopping cart at the market without wiping it down with sanitizer first. I'm not one of them. Some research now shows that constant use of sanitizer reduces the body's natural resistance and creates more vulnerability to disease.

My body is reasonable washed and reasonable clean, all of my body. I'm not up-tight that someone else may have touched the same grocery cart of chair. Some people carry towels for chairs, some people carry hand sanitizer for grocery carts. Not all people believe its necissary.

Do whatever you like, Mark. As long as you don't impose your body fears on me, I'm not concerned.

Bob

Naked is green.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2014 :  3:30:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Bob, I actually do wipe down the handle of my shopping cart in Flu Season but that's me. LOL

Diger

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2014 :  01:31:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diger

Paddy I'm with you... we just bought new couches and that is why we picked the fabric we did. We brought a big swatch of it home and sat on it to see how it felt. We are clean and we don't have to worry about other peoples germs so why not.

BTW Warmskin... have you tried putting your dishes in the bottom of the shower while you shower, you can kill two birds with one stone and save water too. It works really well. LOL

How prescient you are, Diger! We have a terrible drought out here, and some people are being forced to use gray water to for watering their plants, instead of clean city water.

So, putting my dishes in my shower would be right in line with saving scarce water. I'll try that out. Thank you for the suggestion!!

To re-iterate, I'm going to use clean dishtowels to dry my dishes with, and then use them for sitting on my couch, come next May. Gotta plan ahead.

Diger
[/quote]

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2014 :  01:33:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ctnudecouple

quote:
Originally posted by Warmskin

I use dish towels. After I have used them for a day while sitting on a couch, I can use them to dry the dishes, and then I throw them into the washing machine. Two uses for one wash!

Are you serious? Remind me to never eat at your house. Would you dry your clean dishes with your dirty underwear?

Caught you not getting my humor. Hehe.

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2014 :  7:47:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Warmskin,

We were traveling down through Alabama a few years ago as they were talking about the drought on the local radio show. One guy called in and was talking about grey water, he would set pots in the shower as he was using it, then water his flowers and shrubs with the water he collected.

Diger

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  11:40:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diger

Warmskin,
We were traveling down through Alabama a few years ago as they were talking about the drought on the local radio show. One guy called in and was talking about grey water, he would set pots in the shower as he was using it, then water his flowers and shrubs with the water he collected.
Diger

We rented a home one time that had the clothes washer just emptying out onto the lawn. The grass there was always more than a foot high by the end of the week.

Gray water from kitchen, laundry, and showers should be piped separately and used for gardens in most housing construction.

People could also save a huge amount of municipal water by going outside and peeing on their garden instead of wasting a gallon to flush every time you or your family needs to pee. Pee is practically sterile from a healthy person, and is a boon to all plants in reasonable quantities. Natural and direct recycling saves a lot of water.

Bob

Naked is green.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 02/06/2014 :  12:10:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Everyone has their own take on this subject and have their own routines they practice at home. Without getting off topic and into a heated discussion about the cleanliness of ones body and all it's nooks and crannies, ... we've always used towels on our furniture and it's just a habit. We use them at our friends homes and for us, that just makes sense. If others are comfortable with sitting with towels at home or at their nudist friend's homes ... that's what they prefer and are comfortable with it ... it's their choice and their friends choice. While visiting us ... you'll be handed a towel even after you've showered and cleaned all those nooks and crannies!

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Jimmie2
Forum Member

Posted - 02/06/2014 :  12:42:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jimmie2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
With Mrs. Jimmie being more and more tolerant of me being naked more often, I always have a towel to sit on while sitting on the couch - keeps her happy. I keep a couple of "nudie" towels around with a snap to secure it - kind of like a sarong - as the neighbor girl is out on her trampoline all the time so its an easy on easy off type of thing when I sit down.

HNATDT

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Newbie Topic Next Topic: Question about dancing at resorts  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.19 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved