Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 151 ]  [ Total: 152 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Ever been caught?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: 2022 Topic Next Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - Oct 2017
Page: of 31

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  10:46:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I may have been caught tonight. I went out when it was dark, to throw out some garbage and bring the sprinkler in, but just as I stepped out, a guy that lives around the corner from me was out walking his dog and he looked directly at me from across the street. Now, as I said, it was dark, but there's a street light right across from my house, so I don't know if he was able to see me or not. I stepped back into the house and put on a pair of shorts that are pretty much the same color as my skin, then went back out. He and I talked for a few minutes, he didn't mention anything so I don't know if he didn't see or he didn't care.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  11:00:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I may have been caught again. Same guy I talked about above, he and his wife were out walking their dog. I was sitting on my front porch, naked enjoying a cigar and a few pints of beer when I saw them coming, so I wrapped the towel over myself. They said hello, we spoke briefly, then they went on their way. Well I was on my phone, online, and I didn't see that they had returned. The stopped to talk to me. They were still standing out in the street, I was on my front porch. I'm sure they could tell I was naked, but they didn't say anything. I thought if I covered up it would be too obvious, so I just conversed with them for a few minutes then they were on their way.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/04/2012 :  02:25:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These are times when running, hiding, frantically covering ... bring the "it's a bad thing" thoughts to those you encounter.

As I've stated previously ... I've been caught by our prior neighbor a few times and didn't run, hid to try to cover ... I just remained doing what I was doing, stopped and talked and then returned to doing what I was doing as though nudity is normal and common and I think the neighbors appreciated that.

I think they appreciate you not standing up and going over to talk to them but with you nonchalant attitude, relaxed and "this is normal for me" way of handling it ... it probably was fine with them and they didn't have a problem with it.

We hope anyway! LOL

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  08:56:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of my observations about getting "caught" actually came from being on the other side of the equation; i.e being the "catcher" as opposed to the "caught." My most recent experience was when I was trail-running (dressed). As I came across a bend, I ran into a couple; the woman was walking topfree. She almost fell over trying to cover her breasts and trying to put her shirt back on. Had she not gone into a panic and made eye contact with me, she would have seen that I was looking at them - not her breasts - and that I was motionning "you're ok" as I was coming up on her. Had she actually looked at me instead of reacting to me, she could have just kept right on walking, topfree and all, without almost suffering a heart attack.
On the opposite side of the "reactive" spectrum: back in my college years, my gym used to switch up the locker room every other day for pool access. One day, I walked into the locker room...on the wrong day. And ran right into a nude woman changing in the locker room. The first thing she did was look at me squarely in the face. My facial expression must have conveyed complete befuddlement. She simply motionned for the door with her head - but made no attempt to cover up; she just shifted her posture to the side. I thought about it afterwards, because her lack of "knee-jerk cover up reflex" was puzzling to me (that was in my pre-nudist days.) And then I realized that she really didn't need to cover up: I was the intruder, and my facial expression was enough to convey that I was not "perving." It was an accident.

So the lesson I learned (which is sometimes easier said than done) is that if you get "caught", the first thing to do is establish eye contact. What does the person's facial expression and eyes convey? Discomfort, embarrassment, anger? If you can correctly "read" the person, all you have to do is use common sense as to whether you should shift your posture, grab a cover, or simply proceed with what you were doing nude. But like I said, it's sometimes easier said than done. Sometimes it all happens in a fraction of a second, and the "fight or flight" (or rather "knee-jerk cover-up reaction") can just kick in uncontrollably.

Edited by - Nudony on 08/06/2012 09:01:56 AM

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  09:44:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FireProf has it right. When you act normal, you are normal. When you act guilty, you are guilty. When you act ashamed, you are ashamed. Acting normal has never caused a problem for me in decades of going naked.

Bob Knows.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  3:53:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It had to happen sooner or later. I frequently make a quick (nude) foray out the front door to snag the morning paper while the coffee is brewing. We're talking 3 or 4 seconds of exposure. Today I got busted by a little old lady walking her dog. She seemed more amused than outraged. The dog did not offer an opinion one way or the other.

I hastily looked up the relevant Oregon laws, and I think I'm in the clear. It would only have been a criminal offense if I had had "the intent of arousing the sexual desire" of the little old lady or myself. But at that hour of the morning, especially pre-coffee, I'm far too grumpy for any sort of erotic intent. Still ... legal or not, I have no great desire to offend anyone, so I'll try to be a little more circumspect, at least in the front yard.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  6:58:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That's funny Doc, You made that sweet old lady's day.

Diger

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  10:27:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Knows

FireProf has it right. When you act normal, you are normal. When you act guilty, you are guilty. When you act ashamed, you are ashamed. Acting normal has never caused a problem for me in decades of going naked.

Bob Knows.

Lindsay Medd Stevens acted normal too. It landed him in jail.

http://www.wate.com/story/19009880/knox-county-man-arrested-while-doing-yard-work-in-the-nude?clienttype=printable

Harry Callahan said it best: "A man's got to know his limitations." I'm not playing the devil's advocate; just pointing out that there has to be a rational and sensible basis behind 'acting normal."

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  10:27:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I spent the day naked at my friend's place today. They have a great backyard, almost like a resort. I had to go out to my car and get something, so I just walked out there naked. Next door is somewhat of a halfway house, but I believe the people living there are slightly mentally challenged. I walked out to my car no problem, but as I walked back, one of them was outside and just watching me. I just kept walking.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/08/2012 :  2:26:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nudony

quote:
Originally posted by Bob Knows

Bob Knows.

Lindsay Medd Stevens acted normal too. It landed him in jail.

http://www.wate.com/story/19009880/knox-county-man-arrested-while-doing-yard-work-in-the-nude?clienttype=printable

Harry Callahan said it best: "A man's got to know his limitations." I'm not playing the devil's advocate; just pointing out that there has to be a rational and sensible basis behind 'acting normal."

I didn't make myself clear but ... I was in my backyard! The neighbor was looking OVER the fence.

I understand your reasons for posting this but ya gotta admit ... you do like to play the "devil's advocate!" LOL

BTW ... that was a good movie!

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2012 :  09:30:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife is back to work ...

We are up early again. With that comes some routines like ... going out front to get the paper around 5 am. It's dark and I'm careful not to be seen.

What the heck are people doing jogging at 5 am!!???

I got up and after washing my face, brushing my teeth and turning on the computer, I turned off the porch light and headed out to the driveway to get the paper.

I picked it up, an article caught my eye and began reading it to the street light when a man jogged by and said, "morning." I looked up, heart beat raised to about 120 and I said ... "morning," and continued to read and walk inside.

There's a perfect example of what life should be, with respect to simple non sexual nudism. I didn't go running inside and this man didn't seem bothered in the least about it. We exchanged "morning's" and continued doing what we were doing as though it was completely normal.

I'll admit that I still get startled when the new next door neighbor is within viewing distance of me when I'm naked out back but on a daily basis I still just go about life normally ... I'm just naked. So ... if the new neighbor's eyes wonder over the fence or down onto our backyard ... I'll most likely be caught again.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 08/24/2012 :  09:51:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Were you fully nude during this or with a robe on? Just curious as to what this jogger saw?
quote:
Originally posted by FireProf

My wife is back to work ...

We are up early again. With that comes some routines like ... going out front to get the paper around 5 am. It's dark and I'm careful not to be seen.

What the heck are people doing jogging at 5 am!!???

I got up and after washing my face, brushing my teeth and turning on the computer, I turned off the porch light and headed out to the driveway to get the paper.

I picked it up, an article caught my eye and began reading it to the street light when a man jogged by and said, "morning." I looked up, heart beat raised to about 120 and I said ... "morning," and continued to read and walk inside.

There's a perfect example of what life should be, with respect to simple non sexual nudism. I didn't go running inside and this man didn't seem bothered in the least about it. We exchanged "morning's" and continued doing what we were doing as though it was completely normal.

I'll admit that I still get startled when the new next door neighbor is within viewing distance of me when I'm naked out back but on a daily basis I still just go about life normally ... I'm just naked. So ... if the new neighbor's eyes wonder over the fence or down onto our backyard ... I'll most likely be caught again.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2012 :  09:59:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bare butt, totally naked! LOL

I knew it was only a matter of time but I do this occasionally because I had been so successful at getting away with it and not being seen at certain times of the early morning.

I guess I'll have to rethink that time frame again!

It was just great to do something so normal and have the non reaction, as if I was just doing something normal, from someone passing by.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 08/24/2012 :  10:01:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had it been a female jogger I fear you would have a knock on the door like 15 minutes later and not from nice people...

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2012 :  2:44:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by renobiker

Had it been a female jogger I fear you would have a knock on the door like 15 minutes later and not from nice people...

Possibly ... but not necessarily!

At any rate ... I'm gonna be a bit more careful and a bit more selective of the time I do that from now on!

Page: of 31 Previous Topic: 2022 Topic Next Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - Oct 2017  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.4 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved