Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 415 ]  [ Total: 415 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Some Behavior Is Not True Nudism...What To Do?
 Do nudist husbands like to show off naked wives?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: People Openly Having Sex On The Beach
Page: of 3

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/31/2007 :  01:12:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Over the past two years, my Wife and I have been to 7 events of the Phi Nu group, around Philadelphia.
While everyone was TOTALLY well-behaved, there is still an unavoidable natural tendency for the males to quietly admire the female form. Hey, and I'm human, too. A few times, I noticed other men noticing my Wife, and felt a brief touch of moderate pride.
Why not? No harm done, nothing excessive, no overt "Looking," no activity. No Big Deal!

CathyK
Forum Member

Posted - 06/11/2007 :  7:51:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So why is this any different behavior from the textile world? My husband looks at the female form while shopping at the mall.

Cathy

NakedAmbition
Forum Member

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  11:55:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nudism isn't any more about admiring the form of the opposite sex than any other social activity. But it isn't any less about it, either. Good to see balataf's and CathyK's refreshing, mature, and realistic attitudes.

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  7:04:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a normal red blooded heterosexual bloke, of course I look at women admiringly, even if some of them are off limits because they are married or have a partner. I'm also single and the only girls I want to date are going to be naturists in future, too many problems with dating textile women.

I do exactly what I would do if I were fully clothed at the local mall, I look at women I'm attracted too, doesn't mean I'm going to loose control of my senses and harass some poor girl. Although it can't be denied that there are men out there who don't know when to back off, or use discretion, and it can happen in a nude or textile environment, we are al human beings no matter what we do or do not wear.

There is a certain amount of paranoia on the part of some ladies and/or their partners if they think that all men are ogling them, and it works both ways as I've been eyed by married ladies on more than one occasion, not that I would ever consider doing the dirty on anyone, I've had it happen to me and its not nice!!

Pete Knight

Edited by - Pete Knight on 06/13/2007 04:15:40 AM

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  9:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know who ogles my wife the most at nudist venues? ME! Married for years, and I still can't keep my eyes off her. How weird is that? It brings to mind Ambrose Bierce's definition of "uxoriousness": "A perverted affection that has strayed to one's own wife". (The definition comes from "The Devil's Dictionary", arguably the greatest back-of-the-john book ever written.) Do I notice other women? Well, of course. I'm not dead yet, to quote Monty Python. Going from a textile to a C/O envronment, even for the umpteenth time, is still a bit of a novelty, but as most of know well, the novelty wears off surprisingly quickly. In my experience, people briefly check each other out, but then it's done. (I don't see how one could sustain a leer for more than a few minutes anyway.) The point is, we go to C/O venues precisely because we're comfortable with our (and other folks') bodies. We don't NEED to stare. People who do stare tend not to fit in well with the other guests at such places, and don't stick around long.

tcan
Forum Member

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  10:08:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats good to hear NaturistDoc, my wife and I are going away for the weekend for our first venue at a resort..We didnt get undress at the open house because to many people were there with clothes on (i guess just to look) But this weekend there are no activities for anyone wearing clothes so we can be comfortable as possible..

NTLnTAA
Forum Member

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  07:35:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CathyK

So why is this any different behavior from the textile world? My husband looks at the female form while shopping at the mall.

Cathy

Here here or is it hear hear.................I just keep forgetting these things.

At one of my past employers, there was a secterary that I got along with. I'll call her J. She told things straight and didn't play the office *games*. Because of this she wasn't that well liked by the other sectaries. She didn't lose any sleep over this. On day, as I came around the corner, I saw another sectary standing at J's desk talking. As I was getting closer, a male office person walked by J's desk. As he walked past, J continued the conversation by took a loooong look at the male as we walked away. The other sectary said to J, "That's no way for a married women to act!" Without missing a beat and only taking enough time to pull in some air, J looked up at her and replied "I'm only reading the menu taped to the front window of the restaurant. I'm not going inside to eat."

CopperQuail
Forum Member

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  10:26:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Staring is considered improper in Western culture (and among cats). Other cultures see it as quite okay. How will nudism deal with this when (and if) nudism gets to China? You get so used to being stared at that you actually miss it when no one stares at you.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  9:01:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clearly I must have improper cats.

beachnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 06/14/2007 :  12:20:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NaturistDoc

Clearly I must have improper cats.

So have I. She spends hours staring at the cat next door who just stares back. Its an ongoing Mexican stand off.

Back on topic. If a man goes to a nudist venue with his wife so that he can derive some form of pleasure from having his wife admired, looked at, stared at, then he is involved in nudism for the wrong reasons. If on the other hand he goes to the nudist venue with his wife for standard reasons and his wife happens to receive some admiring glances and he is chuffed at that then that is a different matter and natural as far as I can see.

As regard staring, I agree that it is impolite to do so. However I think there is a difference between staring and looking. I have seen many references to nudists keeping eye contact when meeting. When we meet/greet someone in the textile world we do look them in the eye but we also look them up and down to get a picture of the whole person. To just keep eye contact with a person is unnatural. In a nudist situation I don't see how looking a person up and down as well as making eye contact should be any different. I mean looking/glancing, not staring and not concentrating on any part of the persons anatomy especially the genitals, but they are part of the person too. We communicate by many means other than speech, such as gestures and movement and body position, and in face to face interaction we need to observe all these to evaluate the interaction that is happening. Consequently we need to view the other persons body. I don't mean stare at a females breast. They won't give you much information but if you are observing hand gestures you will probably have to look in that direction at times. Viewing a persons body is seeing the whole person and not just seeing the person as a disembodied talking head.

I am a people watcher as is my wife. For instance if we go for a cup of coffee in a cafe we will take a table by the window so we can see the happenings on the street and watch the people go by. There is nothing wrong with that. In a nudist situation I will do the same. I am not staring at anyone, I am just casually looking. Just because I am in a nudist situation I am not going to become blind and senseless.

Conversely to this I don't understand how anyone who is a nudist can have any problem with a person looking, not staring, at them in a casual manner. If they have a problem being viewed nude while being nude then I think they are operating some kind of strange double standard.

I don't think this is a big issue. I just felt like making the comments

Edited by - beachnudist on 06/14/2007 12:28:55 PM

CopperQuail
Forum Member

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  12:24:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cats. They are showing agression when they stare. Notice the stares they give each other the next time you see a catfight. The first one that blinks has lost already. Also, have you ever wondered why cats go to the person that hates cats the most in a room full of people? It is the only person not looking at the kitty.

Unwired

Posted - 06/17/2007 :  10:37:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with beach, I like to observe what it happening around me, not just what happening in the foreground, but also in the background. Peoples actions/reactions and the lack there of. And when talking to someone and to only look at eyes can have a more akward feeling and feel like staring more the just looking, its natural for our eyes to gather a whole image of the area around us without a conscious effort. just adding my two cents

We have a scaredy cat (reasoned to being abandoned at a couple of weeks old when my wife found him), it is sometimes funny to see the wide eyed reaction when you catch him staring at you or something else.

Edited by - Unwired on 06/17/2007 10:38:37 PM

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  1:27:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I couldn't help but wonder about the cats above with a "Mexican standoff." Were any of those felines illegal immigrants, and what can we do to regularize their status. If so, are they otherwise law abiding and well behaved?
My Wife and I have 4 cats, (or they have us), but they were all born in my house, and I have never seen any of them wearing textiles.

asaj

Posted - 05/09/2008 :  12:42:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think that is a common behavior. a husband is always proud of his beautiful sexy wife. my husband use to submit my nude photograph in different wave sites. we are still not a regular nudist. we are actually home nudist. if i got opportunity i will certain like to join nudist activity with completely shaved along with my husband. he likes this thing too much

i am to much interested about nudism

macbuzz
Forum Member

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  5:31:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to admit I am with NaturistDoc on this one. It it far more enjoyable when my wife joins me at the nudist beach
than when I might go with friends. I find the whole beach takes on a more interesting complexion when she is there. I
don't showing her off I can enjoy her. I have totally selfish motives.

Page: of 3 Topic Next Topic: People Openly Having Sex On The Beach  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.23 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved