Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 163 ]  [ Total: 163 ]  [ Newest Member: chicagonudist ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Nude Exercise
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Does your family know?
Page: of 9

BareDevil1
Forum Member

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  01:01:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I take a jog 2 miles around my neighborhood every morning starting at 5am. I have now for the past couple of years. Yes there was a lot of staring both scared and adhoring at first and several people had even called the cops. But now everyone has pretty much gotten used to my routine these days. Hell a lot of them get out early in the morning just to wave at me as I go flashing by.

You all should try it sometime... very exhilerating!

"You know, you could poke sombodies eye out with that thing"

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  11:47:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BareDevil1

(snip)

Most places that could get you arrested, and in some of our US States, get you put on the sexual offenders lists. Perhaps living in Pasco Country, the police are more aware of what nudism is.

Did you know that when you suggest something that is not legal, you could be held liable legally?
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  3:18:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even belonging to an entire family of very "bold" nudists, I probably wouldnt go for a jog around my neighborhood nude. For any nude jogging, hiking or bike riding..there are plenty of nudist venues near our house where you dont run the risk of any trouble. Our local nudist club has many trails and such for nude jogging and hiking. So we just do it there. I applaud the boldness nonetheless.

Jenn

Anniebare
Forum Member

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  4:57:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Anniebare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Treadmill for me. Indoors. It is situated next to a large window, so I guess if I opened the blinds it would sort of be like running nude outdoors, lol. I can assure you that I keep the blinds shut however :)

Annie

tanallover

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  9:27:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit tanallover's Homepage  Send tanallover a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I enjoying exercsing in the nude. Apollo Beach is a great place for a long run. I haven't yet but hope to do a Bare Buns Race and a Bay to Breakers.

The Geek
Forum Member

Posted - 12/09/2006 :  12:28:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will sometimes walk on the treadmill nude. Once I walked w/o shoes though and had blisters on my feet for days...ouch!

Travis

BareDevil1
Forum Member

Posted - 12/09/2006 :  12:50:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

quote:
Originally posted by BareDevil1

(snip)

Most places that could get you arrested, and in some of our US States, get you put on the sexual offenders lists. Perhaps living in Pasco Country, the police are more aware of what nudism is.

Did you know that when you suggest something that is not legal, you could be held liable legally?
Cheri

-
-

BUMMER!!

Bit it STILL works for me!

"You know, you could poke sombodies eye out with that thing"

CalTom
Forum Member

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  09:16:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BareDevil1, you should go on The Fitness Buff show (http://www.fitnessbuffshow.com) with Pete Williams and Sabrina Vizzari. Every Friday afternoon at 4 pm outside the Key West Bar at the - - nudist resort, Pete and his co-host Sabrina broadcast an hour-long radio show, liberally sprinkled with live and call-in guests.

In addition to his live radio/sports program, Pete Williams is an AANR Staff Writer for The Bulletin. As for the nudist talk show, WTAN Clearwater "Tan Talk" has the distinction of having perhaps the only show of its type in the country.

You might just be featured in an upcoming issue of The Bulletin.

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  1:34:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A couple of medical comments might be useful here. Exercising in the buff is reasonable provided that a little thought is given to the following:

(1) Physical Protection. Some exercise gear is meant to protect athletes from inadvertent injury. For example, I have seen enough people in the ER who have dropped weights on bare feet and open toed shoes to be explicit on this point. If you are working with weights, footgear that is supportive and protective is a must. Protect parts that need to be protected from obvious physical injury. Yes, shorts and even a supportive brassiere have their place for some athletes in some sports.

(2) Radiation Proection. No, not that kind of radition, I am talking about sun. Indoors, not an issue. Outdoors, SPF 45+ and appropriate wear (hats, even shirts as needed) is just common sense.

(3) Microbiological protection. This is what few people think about. Sweat comes from pores, and pores are also places where microorganisms set up shop and multiply. Workout equipment surfaces collect sweat, and the little spray bottles used to clean equipment may or may not be efficient in cleaning surfaces and killing the organisms. Nude or textiled, carry a towel with you and lay it on the workout benches. Wear workout gloves not only to support your wrists but to keep other people's hand sweat off your own. If you have an open cut or sore--wear a band-aid. And take advantage of your textile free state to shower with a decent soap after you work out.

None of the above should discourage folks from working out and getting some exercise. The human body was designed to be in more or less constant motion, and the health benefits cannot be overemphasized.

Organizations and resorts that promote vigorous exercise as enhancements to the experience of nude recreation and social interactions perform an important service to their members and clients, and also more generally to the health of the nation. I am merely suggesting that enthusiastic promotion should include common-sense recommendations about safety.

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  1:51:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This might belong in a different thread, but I'll ask it here...

One of the things we find important when we do get time to go on holiday is maintaining our workouts--cardio, resistance machines, weights and that sort of thing. Our experience has been that C/O and nude resorts have not been as organized, thoughtful and successful at putting together workout environments as other (textiled) hotels and destinations. As a consequence, we often find ourselves getting up at the c/o resort, getting dressed, driving somewhere to work out, driving somewhere else to get breakfast, driving back to the resort, getting undressed, showering--and by that time most of of the morning is gone. Sort of defeats the purpose.

Getting the fitness center 'right' means having a pleasant, well lit and ventilated area; adequate numbers and variety of equipment to meet most of the demand, most of the time; maintenance programs to ensure that the equipment actually works when desired, replacement of out-of-date and work equipment etc.

We would be interested in reviews and comments about workout facilities at major resorts arounf the USA; this will have some influence on our destination decisions in the future.

Thanks.

Taxman
Forum Member

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  7:45:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would be the first to agree we all need and should do exercise.

But for the life of me, I have never understood how anyone can consider running fun.

I personally play tennis doubles six hours a week, ride the exercise bike daily and before each sporting event. In the warm weather I will ride my bike about twenty five miles a day outside. I even walk to the liquor store with my grocery cart to buy my beer.

If I attempt to run just only as far as a couple of houses, I feel like I will drop dead.

Needless to say, this being the state of Michigan, one will be wearing cloths to play sports.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  8:50:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pilot

This might belong in a different thread, but I'll ask it here...

One of the things we find important when we do get time to go on holiday is maintaining our workouts--cardio, resistance machines, weights and that sort of thing. Our experience has been that C/O and nude resorts have not been as organized, thoughtful and successful at putting together workout environments as other (textiled) hotels and destinations. As a consequence, we often find ourselves getting up at the c/o resort, getting dressed, driving somewhere to work out, driving somewhere else to get breakfast, driving back to the resort, getting undressed, showering--and by that time most of of the morning is gone. Sort of defeats the purpose.

Getting the fitness center 'right' means having a pleasant, well lit and ventilated area; adequate numbers and variety of equipment to meet most of the demand, most of the time; maintenance programs to ensure that the equipment actually works when desired, replacement of out-of-date and work equipment etc.

We would be interested in reviews and comments about workout facilities at major resorts arounf the USA; this will have some influence on our destination decisions in the future.

Thanks.

Pilot, The last time I was at Laguna del Sol in Wilton, CA near Sacramento, they had a well put together fitness center as does Cypress Cove in the Kissimmee, FL area.

Hugs, Cheri

-
-

Anniebare
Forum Member

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  8:54:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Anniebare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Taxman for your humorous post!

My main forms of exercise are walking, horseback riding (Contrary to popular thought, the horse DOES NOT do all the work! Try saddling a horse or swamping out a stall if you think so.), backpacking, and the treadmill. I am also on my feet and on the move for 12 hours a day at work.

Of all these, the only one I can do in the nude consistently is the treadmill, though I do hike and backpack nude as well. At my present job clothes seem to be required, though when I worked for several years as an artist's model clothes were definitely undesirable!

Like many of you I deeply wished we all lived in a world where we could just run for miles naked on a nearby beach, or take a walk in the park nude, or for that matter just live our lives openly nude and without consequence or fear of attack. Unfortunately we don't presently live in that world, so we must all do the best that we can.

I'm sure most of you feel as I do, that if more people simply tried being nude on a daily basis even at home, our society would heal itself from many problems and would take a big step closer to what God meant for us to be.

OK ramble off. Thanks for putting up with me :o)

Annie

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  11:53:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pilot,

Mira Vista in Tucson has a decent workout room. It's not Bally's, mind you, but then again Bally's makes you wear pants.

yragk

Posted - 12/11/2006 :  05:40:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I work nights, so when I'm not working I go out to this secluded area and take walks, sometimes up to 14 miles round trip in the nude. Sometimes I ride my bike. There is never anyone around. It's very, very secluded.

Page: of 9 Topic Next Topic: Does your family know?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.22 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved