Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 383 ]  [ Total: 383 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Does your family know?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nude Exercise Topic Next Topic: Why American Seniors Dont Go Nude
Page: of 12

Bejammin
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2011 :  11:14:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I have never shared this information with our friends or family. I think that i would tell them if anyone ever asked. I don't really know how they would feel about it. I know how we feel about it...and it is great! I may start backtracking on these posts to get some ideas about dealing with "coming out of the closet". There is nothing bad about it...just the social stigma, which we feel is incorrect. They don't know what they are missing. Wouldn't it be something if some of them said, "Oh, we are too!"

blavan
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2011 :  11:48:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slick214, I understand how you feel because I felt that way in the past. In the past while we were still in attendance at our previous church, we ran in to a couple several times who were also church members. They never told. Dealing with being outed by some other people was a dreaded and difficult experience that we endured as a family. My former pastor called me to a meeting in his office where I affirmed our family nudist lifestyle, and I also affirmed that we were not doing anything wrong.
We have grown to the point where our personal integrity and our confident realization that our practice of social nudism is spiritually right with God our Creator, together have overcome all fear in regard to people discovering our naturist lifestyle.
We now attend a church where the Pastor knows that we practice social nudism because the pastor was informed by us when we first began our attendance there. We have lost count of the number of church members there who know because we told them in casual conversation. We were also introduced by a choir member to another family there who are nudists. Our practice of nudism has never been an issue there. It has actually been a refreshingly positive thing.
The personal freedom, the social freedom, and the spiritual freedom to just be openly who we are has transcended any fear of being outed that we had in the past.
I cannot express in words how glad I am now that we were outed.
Freedom is a very beautiful thing.

Being Naked and Being Real

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2011 :  10:26:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
one of my brothers brought it up recently telling me that my mom told him years ago that my family were nudist, he said he has been trying to get his wife to go for years i said lots of luck with that as she wears a jacket even in july and we live in georgia. he says she is self concious and won't even wear shorts , heck me and my wife don't wear anything but shorts when warm weather comes and will wear them till october sometimes november when out of the house, comfort, comfort comfort. someday she will regret what she missed out on, i know he will.

blavan
Forum Member

Posted - 08/28/2011 :  2:28:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The reactions to people finding out are all over the spectrum. It certainly depends on who your friends are, and how open-minded your family is. It also depends on how comfortable you are in your own skin. Nudism should enable people to be more confident in being and in living a more natural lifestyle.

Being Naked and Being Real

Edited by - blavan on 08/28/2011 2:30:18 PM

nakedmodel
Forum Member

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  10:50:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife knows but doesn't like the idea that I'm a nudist. She will never go to a nude beach. Our friends know & think there's nothing wrong with it.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  10:59:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That is a tough row to hoe, Nakedmodel! My family does not know, and that would lord it over me like you could not believe if they ever found out. If I get married any time soon, I'd let my g/f know that I am a nudist. If she couldn't handle that, that would be a problem for me, too.

Kinda like chocolate candy samples - you never know what inside until you take a bite. Same with people, to an extent, where you never know till you bring up a subject like nudism, and see what the other half's feelings about it are.

Maybe I should introduce my family to your bride. I think it would be the start of a beautiful friendship. LOL. No nudism with my family either. Sigh.

I hope that your wife will change her mind, NM, and one day see that nudism is healthy and virtuous in nature. Meanwhile, I empathize with you most sincerely.

"I abhor war and view it as the greatest scourge of mankind."
Thomas Jefferson

steady78
Forum Member

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  12:19:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
our adult kids know of course, and don't really care about it other than to give smart ass coments.
one of my brothers knows and his wife talks about them joining us naked in our backyard next time they come to town. I'll believe that when I see it lol.
Our best friends that we like to travel with also know. They try to tease us about it sometimes. Although they would never try it they have told us that they wish they had the nerve to try it.
Two of my wife's daughters are living with her sister in Vancouver while attending university. While out for diner in Whistler last month the sister in-law and one of my step daughters were laughing about a guy they saw wearing a speedo. I comented on how I would never wear one of those and the sister in-law chuckled and said that " from what I here you prefer to wear nothing at all". Without batting a eye I said "absolutely and if I could I'd never where clothes". She just laughed and said she could never do that .
We're going on a nude vacation in Honduras for two weeks in November and our close friends and when familly ask what resort were going to we tell them and then tell them it's a nude vacation. It's like they are'nt surprised.
So it seems that if you don't make a big deal of it when the topic comes up, others don't think it's a big deal and sometimes they're curious.

bonesrmj
Forum Member

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  8:46:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife still doesn't know that I have been to a couple of campgrounds with out her. She is starting to go nude around the house more often, so who knows what the future will bring. The only one who knows I'm a nudist are a couple of close female friends that I can confide in and I know it doesn't go any farther. They both have been to nudist camps and loved it, so when we can, we compair notes.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 11/15/2011 :  5:00:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once again, I was visiting my mom last week and I walked nude freely around the house. She doesn't care at all.

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 11/16/2011 :  12:07:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some years ago when I met my wife, the first place I took her on a "date" was a hike to a clothing optional hot spring. It got her clothes off so I could check the merchandise, and set the tone for our future.

barecycler

Posted - 11/27/2011 :  9:48:04 PM  Show Profile  Send barecycler an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Other than one of my oldest friends (who thinks it's cool), a fellow nudist work acquaintance and an ex girlfriend that thankfully learned to enjoy it also, no one but them knows.
I find it very supportive reading all the other experiences people have had with this subject. It's nice to know others have had good experiences sharing their nudist life with other and to share other's less fortunate outcomes.

wayne a
Forum Member

Posted - 12/05/2011 :  7:51:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's funny, years ago (24 to be exact) we went to a few nudist campgrounds, but once we started having kids my wife didn't want to go fearing the kids would tell people. Now that they are in college we've become members at Turtle Lake Resort in Michigan and over time we've told most of our friends and just about everyone in our family and no one has said anything bad and even if they did screw them. There's nothing wrong with enjoying the sunshine with others that feel the same way. We came into this world nude, be proud.

Wayne

vtcouple
Forum Member

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  10:43:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We really haven't told anyone. I do know that some of friends and family know that we are pretty open minded and comfortable in ourselves.

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  4:03:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We started taking our kids to clothing optional and nudist resorts when they were about 6 to 10 years old. My oldest son was more into playing with the fire near the hot springs than he was concerned about seeing naked people or going naked. He ended up being a fire protection engineer consultant making really good money, but not a nudist. One married a fundamentalist Christian who convinced him that we are "sinners." The third son occasionally goes to clothing optional hot springs with his female partner but its more for the hot spring than for the nudity.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  5:19:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to a couple of injudicious remarks, a small number of our friends and family know ... or think they know. When asked, I just smile and say "Maybe."

Page: of 12 Previous Topic: Nude Exercise Topic Next Topic: Why American Seniors Dont Go Nude  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.28 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved