Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 152 ]  [ Total: 152 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Does your family know?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nude Exercise Topic Next Topic: Why American Seniors Dont Go Nude
Page: of 12

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 06/27/2010 :  5:15:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What, precisely, is your family going to do/say if you tell them that you prefer tans without lines and haven't bought a swimsuit in years because they make no sense? Disown you?

Clothes-free recreation is sufficiently mainstream that you might get a raised eyebrow, but more likely a "tell me what it's like."

Understand, that's different from showing up at a family function <i>sans</i> textiles unannounced.

Easier to let them know on your schedule than have someone start gossiping.

blavan
Forum Member

Posted - 06/29/2010 :  5:16:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When it was discovered at our previous church that we practiced social nudity we were honest about admitting it, and then we were treated negatively from that day forward. We do not attend that church any longer. There are other nudists there who have kept their social nudist lifestyle a secret. They are still attending there, and the pastors still do not know. How crazy is that! We now attend another church, and it has been a beautifully awakening experience to be free from yet another bond of ignorance so prevalent in our culture. The pastor and many members of the church we attend now are aware that we practice social nudism. They understand that it is not a sexual thing. It is a non-issue with them.
Just a few friends and co-workers know, and their reactions range from "oh that's really cool" to "that is so perverted that we do not want to have anything else to do with you!". We have generally expected people to be more on the positive side.
A few family members know. We no longer mention it around non-nudists. The world would be a better place if there were more people practicing a nude whenever possible lifestyle.

Being Naked and Being Real

Edited by - blavan on 06/29/2010 5:18:21 PM

jal

Posted - 07/15/2010 :  12:05:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I only do home nudity. My wife works during the week and I have days off during the week. I throughly enjoy it and wouldn't have it any other way. I wish she would do the naked thing with me but it's like pulling teeth to just get her out of the bedroom naked.

barefootguyinco
Forum Member

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  12:30:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit barefootguyinco's Homepage  Send barefootguyinco a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My girlfriend and I tell everyone when the appropriate subject or times comes up in conversation. We feel that the more people share this side of themselves, the more people will realize that there are a lot more nudists in this world than they realized. And this can lead to more people trying it and therefore making it more acceptable because society is a bunch of sheep, all following what is 'Popular' and cool. If more people were open about being nudists, more would admit to it or try it and it would become more acceptable to mainstream society.

So we figure that we'll just be open about it and if others shun us then we didn't want those kinds of narrow minded prudish people as friends anyway.

Body shame, like prejuduce, is not natural. It is learned from others and benefits no one.

rkitek
Forum Member

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  3:19:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by barefootguyinco

So we figure that we'll just be open about it and if others shun us then we didn't want those kinds of narrow minded prudish people as friends anyway.

This reminds me of a good saying about being accepted or rejected by those around us: "Those that matter, don't mind; and those that mind, don't matter."

Edited by - rkitek on 07/16/2010 3:19:45 PM

McNigel
Forum Member

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  5:00:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This really does seem to highlight an attitude difference between the US and Europe.

Generally people here will might be surprised and a little envious that we are liberated enough to be naked in public, but it would carry no stigma.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2010 :  01:57:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, if my family didn't know, they do now. At least some of them. I just spent 3 weeks visiting my mom. I sleep on the fold out couch in the living room there, and I always sleep naked. My brother&his wife & child live with her, and they are pretty uptight, so I never did it around them, but when they were gone to work, I'd stand up out of bed before putting on my shorts, even when my mom was around. My mom is elder too (79), so she can't get up very quickly, so if I were lying in the bed and the phone would ring, I would get up and get it for her. Eventually, in the last week I was there, I got up naked, went out and did my laundry, including the sheets I was sleeping on (very hot night and mom doesn't have a/c). I just stayed naked for a few hours and she didn't care.

One of the days, my 2 aunts came over to the house and we were all talking. They were saying how it was too hot to wear clothes, I said it always sucked having to wear clothes. Then my one aunt said that she always sleeps naked. My other aunt said she sleeps naked in the summer only. I mentioned that I've been sleeping naked since I was a kid, and one of the aunts said that her kids (my cousins) sleep that way too. My other aunt then asked me if I ever go to nudist camps, and I said no, but I told them that I do frequent a nude beach here in Quebec. So now, they know.

So after that, the last few days at my mom's, whenever my little brother & his wife weren't home, I would just spend the entire time naked.

Also, one other day when my older brother, my brother in law & his brother were over, one of them mentioned my "snow snorkeling" picture (naked in the snow). My older brother said that he had been naked in the snow once when he & his friends dared each other to run outside real quick naked during the winter. I told them that I take out the garbage naked in the winter all the time.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2010 :  10:13:37 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We play it by ear; my wife's sister was shocked when she found out that I take nude photos of my wife (isn't that why the digital camera was invented? ha). The sister does not ever allow her husband to see her nude, much less take photos. They were once in a waterpark in Europe and took photos of a well-endowed topless woman, and then made fun of her. So no, not gonna tell them squat...

louboutin

Posted - 07/28/2010 :  05:42:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit louboutin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In fact, my mother does not know, I am ... I'm naked at home nudist, I have been friends of some of the parties ’s house naked. When I told her I put her nudist is cool with it. B / c when I was in my teens, and she let me go nude or naked when at home, my father three feet of ice Yang family ... now I in the end is how her nudist nude hang out with us ...
---------------------------------------
http://www.christianlouboutincabinet.com

CarrieAnne

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  09:19:30 AM  Show Profile  Send CarrieAnne an AOL message  Send CarrieAnne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pilot

Easier to let them know on your schedule than have someone start gossiping.

Unfortunately this very thing happened to me recently. My father, who I share a house with since mom died, decided to mention to my oldest sister that he wished I'd wear a slip or house dress when making dinner/eating. He'd mentioned this to me saying that it'd be easier if people come over. I told him that family needed to learn to knock instead of just walking into the house (seeing as how this isn't just "mom & dad's" house anymore!)

I have found out from my nephew, who I'd told about my nudism, that his mother (my sister that dad talked to) has now said to people that I am immoral, I am teaching my 3 sons depraved ideals & am a bad mother. Obviously I took great offense to this. My family is full of fairly puritanical people who are closed minded to a slew of topics; nudity amongst them as you can see. This is just the kind of reason I DIDN'T want anyone to know til I was ready to tell them.

Regardless of what they think...I know there is NOTHING wrong with my being nude in front of my children. They have come to accept this part of my life & have not turned their backs on me. They love me for me & not the way I "should" be.

~CarrieAnne~

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  11:30:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow CarrieAnne, that sucks. Sorry to hear about it.

I thought my family would be uptight about it as well, seeing as how my mom & all of her sisters are as Catholic as you can be. But I was surprised when my two aunts started talking about sleeping naked and my one aunt mentioned she wished she didn't have to wear any clothes. Though I have to say, when I was much younger, they weren't AS religious as they are now, so I'm sure my aunt had a bit of a wild side to her at one point (in her 70's now). And I was quite surprised that my mom didn't mind me hanging out naked at all. I figured she didn't mind if I just got up from the sofa bed to go to the bathroom, or got up to put my shorts on, but when I just stayed that way all day, and even fixed her lunch that way, she didn't mind at all.

steve_c
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2010 :  12:17:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Almost everyone i know knows im a nudist . Plus , It is kinda hard to keep it a secret when you have a license plate that reads NUDIST . :))

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2010 :  9:04:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's great steve! I love it.

Naked_Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2010 :  6:46:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
some of my buds know, an uncle and a cousin know. I don't make any grand announcements about it. but if the subject comes up, I may mention it. They know I've visited the nude beach before and that I am often nude at home and have no problem being unclothed. Not a big deal to any of them and one is somewhat intrigued and interested in doing the same.

if you like being naked, YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2010 :  8:30:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suspect that more and more friends and family now know. I have a Facebook page with "likes" on my profile like resorts, clubs, beach groups, AANR and AANR West.

Some of my nudist friends from the internet and from clubs and resorts also post and it shows up on my profile page...so family members that read my posts...also see that type of communication between my nudist friends and me.

Our "powder room" has a basket with naturist magazines and the AANR Bulletin in it. My wife used to take them out and hide them when family and friends came over but she's forgot so many times that she just says..."ah the hell with it! I'm sure they've seen them already."

I've never been too shy about it but my wife has actually gotten better about not worrying about it as much as she used to.

Page: of 12 Previous Topic: Nude Exercise Topic Next Topic: Why American Seniors Dont Go Nude  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.8 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved