Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 445 ]  [ Total: 445 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Does your family know?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nude Exercise Topic Next Topic: Why American Seniors Dont Go Nude
Page: of 12

justusj
Forum Member

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  11:44:02 PM  Show Profile  Send justusj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
just curious to know how many nudist tell their friends/family members their nudist? either part time nudist/resorts and such, or home nudist, or do you hide it from others?and if so why>?

Edited by - Moderator on 07/07/2006 7:40:48 PM

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  01:43:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Besides the other Nudists, about a dozen close friends and relatives know. Several of my Wife's closer friends do too.

In fact, with one of her friends, once the subject did come up after four years, we got an invitation to join a group, Phi Nu, (Philly Nudes.) It so happened that the friend was the lady known here as Melissa Starr.

The big problem in my household is that my 14-YO Son does not feel comfortable inviting his buddies, and especially his girlfriends to events. For casual girlfiends that he doesn't know well, that discimfort doubles intensely.
Nor does my 25-YO son, whose fincee would be furious but refuses to see for herself.

I am much more open with the information to my friends than to those of my Wife.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  02:05:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our daughter's know, their husbands know. Most of my co-workers know and of course, our nudist friends.

The rest of our family members, brothers, sisters, moms, dads and close friends don't know yet.

We are now at the point where we are ready to tell them if the right questions are asked. We won't just blurt it out but if the conversation heads in the direction of nudity, casual, recreational, skinny dippin'...stuff like that, we have discussed it and are just going to start telling the rest.

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  10:30:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by justusj

just curious to know how many nudist tell their friends/family members their nudist? either part time nudist/resorts and such, or home nudist, or do you hide it from others?and if so why>?

I am trying to recruit new nudist and therefore with some restraint openly declare my nudism. The more nudists the better the chance for more and cheaper nudist resorts.

Best Wishes, Jim

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  08:06:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
None of my family is aware of our nudism. Also,
none of our friends know either.

I know that they would not understand!!!

We have met some friends through the years who are fellow nudist, and we have enjoy social aspects of nudism with them.

Cookie

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  10:45:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My entire family and my friends are aware of my lifestyle. Most of the University where I work is aware as is my religious congregation.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Ranger191
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  3:53:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ranger191's Homepage  Send Ranger191 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Everyone of importance to me knows of my lifestyle. My family, my wife's family and my very close friends.

Nobility is not a birthright, it is defined by one's actions.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  5:07:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The more I think about this topic, the more muddled I get. Madame and I have gone to three nude beaches, five or six resorts/spas, and have two more resorts and a nude sailing cruise planned for the fall. We dutifully joined up with AANR and TNS. We spend a fair amount of time around the house naked. Yet for all that, if somebody came up and asked "Excuse me, sir, are you a Nudist?", instead of saying "You betcha!" I'd sorta shrug my shoulders. How weird is that? I guess I see nudism as just something that I DO rather than as something that I AM. I don't consider it my "lifestyle". To me, self-identifying as A Nudist implies, rightly or not, a certain evangelical frame of mind, which is something I decidedly lack. Among my family and friends,I don't bring up the topic our visits to nude resorts or beaches, nor do I avoid it. I'm not out to recruit anyone. Personally I regard nudism as No Big Deal, but I am content with the knowledge that mine is not the majority view.

nudeman72
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  6:36:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

My family doesn't know; whenever I go to a resort, I tell them that I'm renting a cabin at some campsite. (Not far from the truth, really...)

If they ever really questioned me about it, I'd tell them the full and complete truth. (Since I believe that nudity is humanity's natural state- and that if everybody were nude, we'd all be a lot more relaxed, peaceful, and happier in general.)

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  10:56:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, let's see. There's an "N" decal from The Naturist Society on my car, so if anyone wants to look, they can figure it out. (It's next to about 20 other decals, so they'd have to do some reading and web surfing.) Our neighbors know, because the screen from the trees is great, but not 100%; we're good neighbors, and they have simply chosen to be tolerant. My secretary knows, because she had to know how to get a hold of us when we were away (Club Orient didn't have phones in the rooms.). Our travel agent knows. Mom knows we went to Club O. And so on. So it's not a big secret. But it's not something we bring up in casual conversation, either. If asked, sure, we tell folks that we take c/o vacations when we can get away. But we just don't get asked that often. If asked, like NaturistDoc, the answer is "yup" and on to the next topic of conversation.

DanLo
Forum Member

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  05:22:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri-have you had any negative comments from your religious congregation?
What religious affiliation and what is there position on nudity? The reason
I ask is that I have noticed that some nudist resorts even have Easter
and other worship services. There doesn't seem to be an incompatibility
between being spiritual and being nude.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  10:37:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DanLo

Cheri-have you had any negative comments from your religious congregation?
What religious affiliation and what is there position on nudity? The reason
I ask is that I have noticed that some nudist resorts even have Easter
and other worship services. There doesn't seem to be an incompatibility
between being spiritual and being nude.

I am Jewish. Nothing negative; in fact, our organist has admitted to going to a nude beach when on vacation. We have a new Rabbi. Not sure if anyone has told him, but eventually, he'll be aware as well. Our retiring Rabbi was well aware and when I told him I named my kitten that we adopted at a nudist park, Teva, he said it was a good choice. Teva means natural in Hebrew.

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

LisaS
Forum Member

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  2:18:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually my Mom does know that i am into nudism... I am a home nudist and i have been to some nude parties at friend’s houses. When i told her i was into nudism she was cool with it. b/c when i was in my teens she let me go around the house topless or nude when my dad wasn’t home... And now i actually got her into nudism and we hang out nude together...
-Lisa

very curious
Forum Member

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  8:33:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just shared with my sister's husband. Found out he is a nudist as well. Not sure about telling the rest of my family. If they find out, oh well, just not sure about telling. Who knows, maybe in a few years my brother-in-law and I will invest in a nudist resort. Heck, right now it looks as though nudism and everything related might just be the next growth industry for the financial markets to focus on!!

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  11:13:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey NaturistDoc, since it is something you DO, why not answer, "Well, I've tried it . . . (and I didn't pick up a stutter) . . ." ? Or words to that effect.
Wouldn't "How weird is that?" qualify as avoidance?

All that having been said, I, too, neither bring it up or avoid the subject. It may somewhat depend upon the group one is with at the time. But, if it comes up, I do not see an admission of association as proselytizing for naturism; rather, I hold it to be honesty.

Yet I tend to keep it private . . .

Edited by - GeeWilly on 07/10/2006 11:38:20 AM

TallTim
Forum Member

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  11:24:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife of course, though she is not into it. I'll let her make a decision at her own pace.

We haven't told my step-daughter for legal reasons. Her father is - hmm, how do I say this politely?-a gentleman not up to his responsiblities. But he is quick to use child services to cause trouble. She turns 18 in April, so after that who cares what he thinks!

And a few friends know. Mostly when the subject of island vacations come up, and someone throws out some names of clothing optional resorts and I give a positive opinion on the effect it will have on them. But normally I don't bring it up first, but I don't hide the fact either.

Tim

Page: of 12 Previous Topic: Nude Exercise Topic Next Topic: Why American Seniors Dont Go Nude  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.19 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved