Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 470 ]  [ Total: 470 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Not Lewd, Not Crude, ...Just Nude.
 Positive Effects on Nudity
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Does your family know you are a Nudist?
Page: of 4

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 11/25/2007 :  6:28:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a brief way to explain to others the positive effects of nudism. When you take a shower don't you have a happy feeling (that's something everybody does nude). Similarly I have that happy feeling while naked.

Naturally, Catbird

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/25/2007 :  10:37:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have seen the positive effects first hand, for most women have body image issues. My wife is a BBW and had all the issues that today’s society drums in to us. After getting the nerve to try a nude beach she was hooked, or freed from her issues you might say. She is a more out going a confident person now.

I have heard the same story more than once.

Diger

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 11/25/2007 :  11:07:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which reminds me of a "transformation" I once witnessed. A wife who had accompanied her husband to a nudist event, quite oviously reluctantly. She seemed mortified. Yet, she was accepted, much to her own surprise. She began socializing, and as the day went on, gradually acclimated herself to her surroundings and conversating with completely nude ladies. Her defenses came down and she dcided to change into a sarong. Then she went topless (my wife related to me that her sarong had unfastened, and she hadn't even realized it because no one looked at her any differently). And a while later, perhaps realizing she was halfway there anyway, she took the plunge and dropped the sarong. By the end of the day, she seemed genuinely relieved, comfortable and just happy to be there. And when it came time for her to leave, she seemed actually regretfull of having to put clothes back on. To see this person go from mortified textile to happy nudist in the course of one single day proved in itself the positive, and enlightening impact nudism can provide to people.

Edited by - Nudony on 11/25/2007 11:10:52 PM

SoundScience
Forum Member

Posted - 11/25/2007 :  11:14:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An "exhibitionist" is someone who gets a sexual thrill from being seen naked by others, not just someone who enjoys being naked and exhibiting his or her body. While BareDevil1 enjoys being naked, she enjoys being naked alone or with family and friends. A close read of her statement does not suggest to me that she is a flasher (the classic exhibitionist who gets turned on by being seen naked by others). Rather, she is an enthusiastic nudist and not shy about it. I think it is important not to over react to this enthusiasm.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 11/25/2007 :  11:58:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A statement easily and frequently misinterpreted. I had a friend, back in France, who had a "look at me, I'm nude/topfree" attitude. At the time, our friends and I wrote it off as exhibitionism. But as we became friends (she's actually the one who planted the seeds of social nudity in my head), it occurred to me through discussion that her behavior was not really exhibitionism; rather, what she meant was: "look at me, I'm nude, without any body shame, and it's perfectly okay." She was actually promoting body acceptance in her own, extroverted "in your face" way. I had a tough time explaining this to my friends, though; people like to slap labels on other people.

I have seen other, more exhuberant nudists be written off as "deviants" by nudists themselves. In many ways, nudists are not any less judgemental than the rest of society, when it comes right down to it.

Edited by - Nudony on 11/26/2007 12:11:31 AM

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 11/26/2007 :  02:01:02 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I’d like to say that I like to think the best of people whenever possible, and I also like to play devil’s advocate sometimes.

Having done both already in this thread, I’d now like to point out that I think the way BareDevil1 worded her statement, it did sound to me like she might be getting some naughty pleasure out of being a turn-on and not just a pretty sight. That may or may not be true, but it did sound that way to me.

And for the record, I’m reasonably proud of my 51-year-old carcass. (Could be worse, could be better.) So I get the concept of feeling good if some people think I look good. If they like it, that’s OK with me. If they don’t, that’s OK too.

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 11/26/2007 02:02:43 AM

ART_NAKED
Forum Member

Posted - 12/25/2007 :  11:11:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit ART_NAKED's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Positive effects on nudity indeed

I would rather be naked to have less dirty laundry to clean. There is nothing to pick out to wear. No sand in my shorts on me.

I connect better with others when everyone has the opportunity to be cloth less. Nudity can be the common ground. New acquaintances are generally more friendly naked than when clothed. Old acquaintances had everything to bare before.

I feel more comfortable when it is warm enough to shed. It really is a natural way to let your self be.

One of the few rebellious acts left that still makes people think of freedom in a passive way. Alternative living means that when it gets cold one could put some socks on.

I feel more myself when I am naked, even if there are others about.

I should point out here that we can replaced the words nude, nudity, naked, nudism, naturism, naturist with words like love, loved, peace, happiness, freedom, healthy, liberty, relief, sovereignty and well-being. It’s all the same thing. It is something one does to feel ones self love and serenity to share with others. We already know that it is not for everyone.

Positive effects on nudity indeed!

Art Naked

Edited by - ART_NAKED on 12/26/2007 1:55:20 PM

sanua_chap

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  12:42:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit sanua_chap's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I used to be very uncomfortable with nudity - either my own, or that of other people. I slowly realised that this was not healthy, and taught myself to become comfortable with nudity, first my own, then with other people. Naturism, not surprisingly, has been a significant aspect of this journey to (comparative!) emotional and psychological health.

If you are interested, you can read more about this long and slow journey on our web site, at:

http://www.hazelden.org.uk/l3_paul_comfortable.htm

Phydeau
Forum Member

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  1:34:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Phydeau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You know? Just being nude in my own home has enough advantages. First off, there is no costume that will be more comfortable than your own skin. My work uniform is very uncomfortable, and it feels great to get out of it.
Also, there's silly little things. The few seconds you save getting in and out of the shower. Being ready for bed as soon as you're tired. Not getting too hot when you exercise. It goes on.

Not to mention the laundry. My last laundry list was this: Work uniform, boxers, socks, towels.

maytrythis
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2008 :  4:32:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't you think people still judge you when you are naked. I am new here and am thinking about trying a nude resort but my wife and I feel we will be judged

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  02:05:59 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by maytrythis

Don't you think people still judge you when you are naked. I am new here and am thinking about trying a nude resort but my wife and I feel we will be judged

Absolutely, positively not !

maytrythis,

No one will judge you at a nudist venue by your appearance! Only by your behavior and personalities. If your behavior is dignified and appropriate and your personalities charming, you’ll be fine! I can guaranty you that if you have any concerns about your and your spouse's bodies, you should leave those concerns behind. Virtually everyone would find fault in him or herself and prefer to have some feature or features improved. Even considering the very attractive, it is as rare to see the Olympic ideal among nudists as it is anywhere else. By all means, do try this and have a good time!

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 02/11/2008 02:11:44 AM

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  04:15:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't give it another thought,Maytrythis. What Randy has written is bang on the truth. At our club, as everywhere in the nudist community worldwide, there are different shapes and sizes of people and nobody gives a damn. It is what YOU are as a person that counts, not your outward appearance. Take my advice and go with your wife to a nudist resort and tell me if I am wrong.

Tuffers

txvic
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  08:27:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maytrythis,
By all means give this a try. You will be glad you did, especially if you have body image issues. I had issues all my life. At the age of 40 I took the plunge. To be truthfull, I feel less judged and more comfortable nude with nudists than at the community pool with a swim suit on. Be sure and let us know how it goes when you and your wife go for it.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 11/16/2008 :  11:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being nude allows me to find my inner peace especially if i'm hiking in the woods with nature around, it makes me feel like i'm part of the birds, deer or other wildlife (except the snakes) I can forget the bills and even the world as I tramp down the trail, if I find a creek i'm in heaven and will sit down and chill and take it all in, I think this is what we all need once in awhile

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  01:30:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Being nude makes me feel more vulnerable. Vulnerability is the necessary ingredient for beauty. I don't think I am beautiful -- no, make that -- I am not beautiful, or more correctly, handsome as compared with the average male, but I can more easily find my inner beauty while being nude, and the attendant vulnerability of nudism enhances it.
An aside thought: if nudists are have more inner beauty, are there crime statistics that show the crime rate of nudists vis-a-vis textile folks? Just wondering. Maybe in another thread.

As for the discourse between Cheri and Bare Devil, I would side with Cheri. If you have a need to show yourself naked to other people, that is one thing. If you want to socialize with other people while nude, or simply want not be bothered with clothing, that is another ---nudism. Nudism to me is completely neutral, as to associating with others in any ordinary venue.

BareDevil's tact is designed to attract attention; the other is done to feel unburdened by clothing. I don't condemn BareDevil, she is doing her own "thing," and I have not been appointed as the judge. I'm simply trying to define words.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

Page: of 4 Topic Next Topic: Does your family know you are a Nudist?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved