Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 431 ]  [ Total: 431 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Not Lewd, Not Crude, ...Just Nude.
 Positive Effects on Nudity
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Does your family know you are a Nudist?
Page: of 4

DevilRocks
Forum Member

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  02:04:52 AM  Show Profile  Send DevilRocks an AOL message  Click to see DevilRocks's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey Everyone!

I just would like to talk about all of the positive effects on nudism. This will help me explain it to people better and help them understand. It is my judgement that many people who find out that i am a nudist will think i am weird.

I know of a few so far such as...

Body issues, it can help people accept their body and understand that many are not perfect and that we are not alone.

Opening up, I noticed that when you are naked it makes it much easier to be more open and honest with others as long as yourself.

Nude and sexual, Many people (specifically men) can get aroused or become sexual just because they are naked. Becomming a nudist can help people separate being naked from being sexual as two completely differant things.

Any arguements with these points of view? If you have any more that you would like to share please let me know!!!

thank you

-Thomas

"Sometimes it's easier to Fight than Surrender"

BareDevil1
Forum Member

Posted - 12/09/2006 :  02:16:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey we almost have the same name!

I love being seen naked! I love being naked alone or hanging out with family and friends. I am proud of my body and it doesn't matter who looks at me. And if any guy likes what he sees, then he can deal with it on his own time without it involving me.

"You know, you could poke sombodies eye out with that thing"

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 12/09/2006 :  10:55:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BareDevil1

I love being seen naked! (snip)

This is not nudism...it's exhibitionism. Nudism is not about being seen and seeing nude bodies. It's about de-stressing, relaxing, and accepting yourself and others for who you are and not on what y'all look like, own, or wear. Sure, you can be proud of your body, but that's not nudism.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

ggwydion
Forum Member

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  4:56:55 PM  Show Profile  Send ggwydion an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Everyone has there own reasons for being nudiest. Why can't showing off ones body be a valid reason? Shoulden't she be proud of her body? Im confused here.

gospel
Forum Member

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  5:32:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ggwydion

Everyone has there own reasons for being nudiest. Why can't showing off ones body be a valid reason? Shoulden't she be proud of her body? Im confused here.

I was just wondering the same thing. I guess to me the only rule in that area is to keep it non sexual.

NakedAmbition
Forum Member

Posted - 12/20/2006 :  4:50:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think longtime nudists rather err on the side of saying nudism should ALWAYS be family friendly, downplaying the fact that adults (and their interests) are also part of families. It's understandable, as there are a lot of enemies of nudism who are looking for any little thing to use to attack us. Ultimately, however, I hope language will be developed to reflect the reality out there (at least at the camps and resorts my wife and I have visited): that nudism isn't about meeting people to HAVE sex but there are moments where harmless sensual playfulness (lingerie parties, light complimentary banter, etc.) can be part of the mix, too. In fact, they already ARE part of the mix. In other words, while Cheri's viewpoint is valid, the viewpoints and motivations of Baredevil1, ggwydion, and gospel reflect reality, too.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  4:45:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suspect that there are numerous reasons why people engage in social nudism. For me the most important aspect is being nude. I'm not an exhibitionist, but I don't mind if others want to look at my naked body. Even though I enjoy looking at naked women I don't participate to see them. I believe that even if I were to become blind I would enjoy nudism as much. Somehow it just feels good to be nude, and sharing that experience with others who feel the same is better still. And to me it's not just a physical comfort, there is a psychological aspect that I'll never be able to explain. This, I believe, is what makes it so difficult to explain to others why I prefer being nude.

Edited by - Bill Bowser on 10/20/2009 9:16:50 PM

gospel
Forum Member

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  8:46:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BareBill

I suspect that there are numerous reasons why people engage in social nudism. For me the most important aspect is being nude. I'm not an exhibitionist, but I don't mind if others want to look at my naked body. Even though I enjoy looking at naked women I don't participate to see them. I believe that even if I were to become blind I would enjoy nudism as much. Somehow it just feels good to be nude, and sharing that experience with others who feel the same is better still. And to me it not just a physical comfort, there is a psychological aspect that I'll never be able to explain. This, I believe, is what makes it so difficult to explain to others why I prefer being nude.

I couldn't have said it better myself

Enjoyit1961
Forum Member

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  9:31:57 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Enjoyit1961's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

quote:

This is not nudism...it's exhibitionism. Nudism is not about being seen and seeing nude bodies. It's about de-stressing, relaxing, and accepting yourself and others for who you are and not on what y'all look like, own, or wear. Sure, you can be proud of your body, but that's not nudism.
Cheri

-
-

For Baredevil the fact that she loves to be seen nude, is another aspect apparently of her joy to be nude.
And your reply Cheri, sounds to me like a sort of condemnation of her statement and opinion.
I find that inappropriate and I do not think you have the patent on wisdom regarding nudity and what it should be about.

openess
Forum Member

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  07:04:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw no assertion of a "patent", only an opinion being given.

Enjoyit1961
Forum Member

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  07:41:49 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Enjoyit1961's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by openess

I saw no assertion of a "patent", only an opinion being given.

I did. Because quite firmly the term "exhibitionism" (a term usually connected with something quite negative) is put as a label on the behaviour of the young lady concerned, immediately to be followed by a definition regarding nudism/naturism which Mrs. Alexander certainly did not dream up.
Anyway, what Baredevil 1 does is great, she has every right to tell the world her feelings and Mrs. Alexander's reaction was certainly by its intonation highly inappropriate.
Discussion closed as far as I am concerned.

openess
Forum Member

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  12:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both individuals have the right to tell their feelings.

imnude2
Forum Member

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  12:32:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

What are the positive effects on nudity??

Here is what I hear from the last few posts.

For BareDevil1:

"I love being seen naked! I love being naked alone or hanging out with family and friends. I am proud of my body and it doesn't matter who looks at me. And if any guy likes what he sees, then he can deal with it on his own time without it involving me."

For Cheri:

"It's about de-stressing, relaxing, and accepting yourself and others for who you are and not on what y'all look like, own, or wear."

For BareBill:

"I believe that even if I were to become blind I would enjoy nudism as much. Somehow it just feels good to be nude, and sharing that experience with others who feel the same is better still. And to me it not just a physical comfort, there is a psychological aspect that I'll never be able to explain."

These comments sound like the "positive" aspects of nudity.

I strongly agree with BareBill's comment that it is a "psychological aspect." Since, it is all in the psyche of the individual. Once you are nude, who really knows what is going on in your mind, right? And who really cares? (As long as you do not have evil or criminal intents in those thoughts.)

With or without clothes, there should be no shame of saying that being nude can make you feel many of the different emotions. I know that once I take off my clothes, I am still the same person. I still have those same variety of emotions - thankfully! I do not ever want to act like my variety of emotions misteriously disappeared.

Positive effects could be to learn to accept more people in your life, in a loving manner.
(And, of course, lustfully when the time it right!) :) :)

nomad6
Forum Member

Posted - 11/24/2007 :  05:37:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we became nudists 3 years ago at a nude beach we had been hearing about for a couple years. we went,i guess to snoop around to see if people really do go to nude beaches and such. i had no problem getting nude but i like to have ever talked my wife out of her g-string shes ok with it now but shes still a little shy around big crowds

bret

Posted - 11/24/2007 :  11:38:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I am really interested in the positive effects that you have talked about as I am writing a paper on the positive effects of Nudism in America. I was wondering if I could interview you via email?
quote:
Originally posted by DevilRocks

Hey Everyone!

I just would like to talk about all of the positive effects on nudism. This will help me explain it to people better and help them understand. It is my judgement that many people who find out that i am a nudist will think i am weird.

I know of a few so far such as...

Body issues, it can help people accept their body and understand that many are not perfect and that we are not alone.

Opening up, I noticed that when you are naked it makes it much easier to be more open and honest with others as long as yourself.

Nude and sexual, Many people (specifically men) can get aroused or become sexual just because they are naked. Becomming a nudist can help people separate being naked from being sexual as two completely differant things.

Any arguements with these points of view? If you have any more that you would like to share please let me know!!!

thank you

-Thomas

"Sometimes it's easier to Fight than Surrender"

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 11/25/2007 :  03:17:31 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

quote:

Cheri

-
-

Ladies, I can see valid points from each of you.

On the one hand, I can see that such a statement could be construed as being sort of exhibitionist if the only function of public nudity is just a chance to show off. I guess the motivation is what would be in question in a statement like that.

On the other hand, I also have a natural fondness for beauty (and that takes many forms). So I see no reason not to be proud and feel good about herself/himself if a person feels attractive. For some, that may be one of the pleasant joys of nudity.

So if taking pleasure in being seen nude is the only reason to be nude, it isn’t nudism. But if that’s just one of the pleasures enjoyed while nude it is nudism, in my humble opinion.

Page: of 4 Topic Next Topic: Does your family know you are a Nudist?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.27 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved